Leaders Gone Wild

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a broken 8-1 and a 9-2 Leader in a stack with a bunch of Crews.

The 8-1 rolled snakes on his rally and a 9 on his HOB. So he is Berserk.

I know he can't convince the Crews to go berserk because they are normally immune to HoB.

So the only unit he can convince is the 9-2. Does he try to convince the 9-2 to go Berserk even though he's outranked? And even though it would simply be 2 Leaders charging? Is there anything I'm missing here?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
A15.41: "When a leader goes berserk, he must ... attempt to change any ... other friendly units ... in the same Location to berserk status also."

Theres no EXC for leaders, so I'd say yes, the other leader might become berserk, too. That will be 2 FP on your side for CC (if they survive that long), and if you win, it's a great story to tell!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They'll make Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid look like a Sunday stroll.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a broken 8-1 and a 9-2 Leader in a stack with a bunch of Crews.

I know he can't convince the Crews to go berserk because they are normally immune to HoB.

So the only unit he can convince is the 9-2. Does he try to convince the 9-2 to go Berserk even though he's outranked? And even though it would simply be 2 Leaders charging? Is there anything I'm missing here?
As a matter of fact almost that exact situation is answered in a Q&A from Gen 25.2, An95w & An96 {Romanowski Compilation & Klas' combined Q&A v22}.

1523771177926.png

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the 8-1 Self-Rallied there is no HOB. From the description, it *sounds* like this was a Self-Rally.

15.1 HEAT OF BATTLE: snip......This process is reflected by a Heat of Battle DR which follows any Original MC or Rally (not Self-Rally) DR of 2....snip

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If the 8-1 Self-Rallied there is no HOB. From the description, it *sounds* like this was a Self-Rally.

15.1 HEAT OF BATTLE: snip......This process is reflected by a Heat of Battle DR which follows any Original MC or Rally (not Self-Rally) DR of 2....snip
After what I understood from the OP, the 9-2 leader is unbroken.
So the broken 8-1 rolled snakes while being rallied by the 9-2.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

No - the 9-2 rallied him - sorry - I should have said that.

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, guys. Wasn't necessarily the answer I wanted to hear, and I have a really hard time imagining it happening (LOL), but I guess my 8-1 and 9-2 are off on a suicide mission. :(

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thanks, guys. Wasn't necessarily the answer I wanted to hear, and I have a really hard time imagining it happening (LOL), but I guess my 8-1 and 9-2 are off on a suicide mission. :(
Or, if they pull off their mission successfully, on their way into ASL folklore forever... :cool:

Please keep us posted.

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
That 9-2 should go on the road offering motivational speeches.
He's about to.

The nice thing about having two leaders is that one can attack and the other can use his DRM. Oh wait, beserk leaders can't use their DRMs.

JR

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I thought there was a war movie that ends with two leaders charging the enemy, but I might mix up "Cross of Iron" with some other film.