Leaders combine to form a half squad?

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I swore I read this somewhere that three SMC could create a HS, but forfiet their "leaderness", A scan of the RB was fruitless as was the Q&A. Didn't see anything when I searched GS either. Was I dreaming?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
No they can't. For this, there would have to be rules.? But kinda a fun idea!

Perhaps there was a scenario SSR, or some CG pack?

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Interesting future SSR.. But I prefer the deploying consequences ?

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK. I figured since I couldn't find it. I'll file that in the dream category. Thanks.

buser333

Reaction score
I once had a HS generate two heroes in one fire phase. I thought the same thing!

rwcallen

Librarian at the Gates
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just reading rules on capturing AFV and it's possible you are thinking of two SMC being the equivalent of a hs for manning a captured AFV (A21.22)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What about deploying a HS into five leaders?
Or even into nine of them, as four don't count at all? ?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The others are inspired by the 2 or 3 fools and fight like 10.
"There they were. it was three against a thousand! Blood, blood, everywhere blood; We fought 'em all day long! ....Toughest three buggers we ever fought." Bob Hope (FANCY PANTS, I think).

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
My favorite is when that HS spits out it's second (or third) hero. I am always like "whose left now?" -- jim
Way back in the the olden days of the last millennium, in a playing of "Monastary Hill" (A14 Annual 90) my opponent had 5 Italian Heroes generate from the same 3-4-6. Three times the Italian assault waves rolled up the hillside and to the summit, three times the valiant Greeks expelled the attackers. The bodies of Italians and Greeks were strewn about the hillside, and still the Italians reformed for one more attack.

Up the hill they charged as bullets tore into their ranks and yet more Italians fell. The air, rent by lightning and the rumble of thunder, stank of ozone, blood and cordite. The wave crested the heights and bayonet, rifle butt and sharpened shovels met in a clatter of death screams and mayhem. The defenders line waivered, then stiffened and finally held. The final assault wave collapsed, broken by the rock of Greek defiance.

Upon the heights of the Desnizza Valley stood just two half-squads, a smoldering MMG and wounded 9-2 surrounded by a mountain of spent cartridges.

That's the way I remember it at least.

It remains one of the most memorable wins in my SL/ASL story.

Last edited: