boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Does the leader lose concealment?

No.

....Perry
MMP
A concealed 9-1 and DC-carrying 838 assault move into a building, then the 838 attempts placement of the DC in a neighboring rubble hex.
Does the leader lose concealment? Per A4.12 it seems he must spend 3 MF in the building hex, at the same time as the 838, but A23.3 suggests that only the "carrying Infantry unit" actually places the DC, thereby incurring concealment loss.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If the leader carries the DC and places it, the 838 would keep concealment too, as the same logics apply.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess a concealed leader + squad combo could assault move up concealed into a building, throw smoke in its hex (lose concealment for squad only)then place a demo in an adjacent building hex. That's a total of five MP.

Too bad you can't do that with WP grenades, it's too many MPs.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On a related issue, would a unit who assault moves retain concealment until the MP it throws a smoke grenade? I think the smoke is placed before any attacks are resolved.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
On a related issue, would a unit who assault moves retain concealment until the MP it throws a smoke grenade? I think the smoke is placed before any attacks are resolved.
That would be my assumption too.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
The MFs are expended before the fire ... Even more, the placement MF generate the fire and also the concealment loss... It's clear in the rules about DC placement and so IMO about sg placement..

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Anyway.. Thinking about the concept "moving with the leader" to get the additional TWO MFs.. In this Q&A is the squad using its 4MFs or using the 5th MF obtained by moving with the leader?

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
It looks unit with higher MF in a stack may move one hex using AM while others need to move normal because using All the MFs and all of them moving together.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Anyway.. Thinking about the concept "moving with the leader" to get the additional TWO MFs.. In this Q&A is the squad using its 4MFs or using the 5th MF obtained by moving with the leader?
I am not sure that matters, since the squad has to expend all MF together with a leader (i.e., moving as a stack) to get the bonus.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That is correct.

If you have a smoke-capable squad moving stacked with a leader, they can even Dash after placing Infantry Smoke into the Road location they want to Dash through:

They have 6MF, use 2MF to place the infantry smoke into the ADJACENT Road hex, 2MF to enter the now smoked hex and 2MF to enter the building on the other side of the Road. The crux is, however, that if they don't get infantry smoke (the probability for which is 50% or more in most cases), they still need to make the Dash they declared without the hoped for infantry smoke cover.

von Marwitz