Leader location in a stack

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
If I have an AL...I put an actual turret counter (regardless of need) on each AFV, which could contain the AL, and write a letter or number on each of those Turret counters. I make a side note of which marked turret counter has the AL. The presence of the marked turret counters act as a visible reminder that I have an AL while the marking let’s me know which AFV he is in.
This is a great idea. I always forget about those damn guys.......

Peace

roger

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I WISH they were in the blazing wreck. With my luck, that crew made their CS roll, and now I have to look up the rules about what happens now to see what I can do with my AL (spoiler: almost certainly nothing).

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I WISH they were in the blazing wreck. With my luck, that crew made their CS roll, and now I have to look up the rules about what happens now to see what I can do with my AL (spoiler: almost certainly nothing).
Unless you are Japanese...G1.411...but then good luck getting an armor leader as the Japanese player to start with. Hen's teeth.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always put my leader on top. If a "1" Sniper is out there, there's always Random Selection!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despite the actual numbers, in a stack of 4 units, a 10-2 leader will be selected as the target 94% of the time. This is common knowledge in the ASL community.
Its codified in Murphy's Laws of ASL Combat.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Despite the actual numbers, in a stack of 4 units, a 10-2 leader will be selected as the target 94% of the time. This is common knowledge in the ASL community.
Actually you missed a subtle point about the numbers...it is 94% of the time when it is YOUR stack.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know Murphy's Law of ASL: Hot dice go cold when least appreciated.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another good thing about leader on top--you can alert your opponent that they have two 8-0s on board instead of the 8-0 and 8-1 they should have according to the scenario card.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hot dice are those that help you maintain rate-of-fire, hit his tank in the vulnerable spot in the armor, etc.
It's when they go cold that you are in trouble {especially if those are the ONLY dice you brought}!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hot dice are those that help you maintain rate-of-fire, hit his tank in the vulnerable spot in the armor, etc.
It's when they go cold that you are in trouble {especially if those are the ONLY dice you brought}!
All these years and now I know what my game has been missing, thanks for the inciteful, illuminating advice. I’ll be sure to remember next time I play to bring lots of dice, least they grow cold.

Last edited: