Le Franc Tireur 15

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Errata for FT325 The Cauquigny Bridgehead

The American OB shows no numbers under the Units. Do we have the values?

We played it as is. The historical write up says how few the paras were.

German victory but a lot closer than you would think based on the numbers alone.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FT278 Toridasu!

-SSR1 States that "Orchards are Palm Trees".
There are no orchard hexes on LFT8. Should it be Crags are Palm Trees or should this part of the SSR be ignored?

-The Balance for the Mongolians states "Increase Game Turns to 8"
Scenario already has 8 turns, should it have been decrease Game Turns to 7?

Thanks

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello, great stuff in LFT 15. Love it! A question on the Chinese OB in FT276, "Genghis Khan Lives!" The small group that sets up on board LFT8 is allotted two 337 squads and two crews, but it has four weapons that would normally be crew-served: two MMG (crew-served under the FTC 4 rules) and two ART pieces. The second group, which sets up on board LFT7, includes 4 crews but has just two crew-served weapons. Just wondering if that's as intended or if the number of crews in those two groups was accidentally swapped.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the boards quite a bit. The non-village ones would do well for Iwo Jima and Korea. I hope more designers will choose these.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
FT278 Toridasu!

-SSR1 States that "Orchards are Palm Trees".
There are no orchard hexes on LFT8. Should it be Crags are Palm Trees or should this part of the SSR be ignored?
Please delete " Orchards are Palm Trees (G4.). " in SSR1.
-The Balance for the Mongolians states "Increase Game Turns to 8"
Scenario already has 8 turns, should it have been decrease Game Turns to 7?
Balance is correct. The scenario is 7.5 turns long.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
A question on the Chinese OB in FT276, "Genghis Khan Lives!"
The small group that sets up on board LFT8 is allotted two 337 squads and two crews, but it has four weapons that would normally be crew-served: two MMG (crew-served under the FTC 4 rules) and two ART pieces. The second group, which sets up on board LFT7, includes 4 crews but has just two crew-served weapons. Just wondering if that's as intended or if the number of crews in those two groups was accidentally swapped.
Good catch and my mistake.
Errata : The " Ude Artillery Screen " group has 4 crews and the " Ude Garrison " group has 2 crews.

Last edited:

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please delete " Orchards are Palm Trees (G4.). " in SSR1.

Balance is correct. The scenario is 7.5 turns long.
Laurent,

The Japanese are attacking and the Mongolians are on defense: The intent for the Mongolian Balance is to increase the turns form 7.5 to 8.5 for the defenders? Wouldn't you decrease the turns from 7.5 to 6.5 for defender balance or was that suppose to be the Japanese Balance?

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Japanese are attacking and the Mongolians are on defense: The intent for the Mongolian Balance is to increase the turns form 7.5 to 8.5 for the defenders? Wouldn't you decrease the turns from 7.5 to 6.5 for defender balance or was that suppose to be the Japanese Balance?
Eight turns (not 8.5) gives the Mongolian the advantage of the final move.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Eight turns (not 8.5) gives the Mongolian the advantage of the final move.
Yeah, I was adding a whole 1.0 to it for 8.5, I figured it would have said add a player turn, half a turn, or .5. I can see how the added Mongolian player turn gives a counterattack option

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
LFT289 Haka at Takrouna clarification:
In the board configuration text, read " Only hexrows Q-GG on boards LFT6 and LFT8 are in play. "
The board configuration image and the setup instructions are ok.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello LFT,
Just got LFT 15 and am looking at scenario FT282. It says place overlay RttR E on 6N3/O3. What is overlay RttR E? Am I missing something here? Has this been answered somewhere already?
TIA

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That scenario is one of the several that look good with the Scenario Specific Overlays in VASL.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steve,
" RttR E " is the way MMP call this overlay (and the other ones in the RttR scenarios pack).
Laurent,
Thanks for the explanation. From my memory, the recent overlay pack just called them by their letter so I thought they would just be referred to by a simple letter from now on.

Jeffery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amazing magazine and maps, virtually a brand new module. A fine, varied selection of scenarios on those magnificent maps. I hope to see many more scenarios using them. By the way: one scenario requires an LFT map that I presume is not currently available. Any chance of it being produced again? The scenario sounds really interesting.