Le Franc Tireur 15

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This hobby is cheap compared to a truly expensive hobby like trying to build a tournament deck for Magic. Anyhow I like the desert so this is an easy buy, but will have to wait for my budget to open up a little bit.
Fen I look forward to playing some of these with you!

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would be great, let me know next time you're going to be at the Guild House or Pasadena, I usually make it to those.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This hobby is cheap compared to a truly expensive hobby like trying to build a tournament deck for Magic.
Well, it might be the question how expensive you choose to make it.

I have always steered clear of trading cards because I loathed the business model from the very outset. It is a rip-off. Period.

I reckon that in the net pictures of the "ultra rare" and - incidentally - very useful cards exist. Instead of paying ridiculous prices for them, one could simply download the picture, print it, and put the printout into a protective sleeve if need be.

Costs you a few cents, issue solved, case closed.

Yeah, I know... It's not the original card! (So what? You can build your deck and play with it without issue.) And only original cards are allowed in a tournament! (Uh-hum. Rip-off business model again. I'm outta here...)

The wall is in one's head. You can tear it down just like that.

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This hobby is cheap compared to a truly expensive hobby like trying to build a tournament deck for Magic. Anyhow I like the desert so this is an easy buy, but will have to wait for my budget to open up a little bit.
No doubts. I am all paid up ASL-wise and can do a few lifetimes of ASL without further expenses. Not unlike most of us. Now's the time to be real discerning. No more buying potatos with "ASL" stamped on them!

Never considered Magic or any other wargames as a hobby choice, to be quite honest. So that comparison is moot for me. Reading, yes, same paid-up situation as ASL.

I am all set!! :D

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any confirmation of shipping date, from France or in the US?

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
There are already two additional desert related projects in the design stage with more to come.
Interesting!

These additional projects would use the boards from LFT15?

For the LFT15 scenarios do any use the Chapter F rules or does everything use the new included Chapter AD rules instead?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Most of the LFT15 scenarios use chapter F rules.
All of the Chaco War scenarios use these map boards and the majority of the Rif War also use the LFT15 maps and chapter F rules
There are also an additional ten scenarios are in process for future FTC and LFT issues.

Lease note that some of the scenarios also use the MMP DTO maps in tandum with the LFT15 maps.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
All of the Chaco War scenarios use these map boards and the majority of the Rif War also use the LFT15 maps and chapter F rules
There are also an additional ten scenarios are in process for future FTC and LFT issues.
Wow, that’s a lot to look forward to! My wallet is getting very nervous…

Being a bit of a desert rat, I think this moved into the must buy category.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Did Second Chance Games get a delivery?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Errata for FT325 The Cauquigny Bridgehead

The American OB shows no numbers under the Units. Do we have the values?