Le Franc Tireur 15

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
If you miss out on LFT15, you will be missing a lot!
Refreshing desert maps and expanded Africa terrain.
There are already two additional desert related projects in the design stage with more to come.
Arid/Desert is not only flat terrain but can also have mountains, valleys, and vegetation.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
85 euro's Xavier.......

My only hope of owning this is to win it as a prize at the ASL Ring :LOL:

I'm guessing it's not printed in Cambodia any more?

PNMarkW2

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
If you miss out on LFT15, you will be missing a lot!
Refreshing desert maps and expanded Africa terrain.
There are already two additional desert related projects in the design stage with more to come.
Arid/Desert is not only flat terrain but can also have mountains, valleys, and vegetation.
I'm glad to hear there are other projects somewhere in the pipeline that will use these maps. Both because they look good, but mostly because I hate buying a third party map that will only ever be used in a few scenarios within that single product.

Mark

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Joe;

85 euro's Xavier.......
8 maps at 5€ each, 40 €.
23 scenarios at 2 € each, 46 €.
An 84 pages magazine, 3 years of research and development.
Yes, you're right... it should be over 100 euros ;)

My only hope of owning this is to win it as a prize at the ASL Ring :LOL:
LFT, as many others, ALWAYS sends plenty of material for tournaments wordlwide, so why not?

I'm guessing it's not printed in Cambodia any more?
It's been more than 3 years I haven't been able to go there... plus shipping rates have skyrocketed :(

Anyway, drop me a line Joe, you already have my email.

Cheers,

X

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You're right Xavier - all ASL items are cheap when you calculate the number of man hours that go into these things.

The number of times that I see you and Lionel playtesting on VASL is proof of that.

They are all labours of love.

Thank you for what is no doubt another great product.

Good to see Alexandre designing a scenario 👍

Please excuse my whine / whinge.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am never going to be able to stop buying ASL...
Good boy!

von Marwitz

P.S.
When searching German youtube with the (german) query for "patting dog", I could not find anything like the above after a couple of minutes. Instead, it only gave me countless instructions on how to pet a dog correctly... [sigh] 😵🥴

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
LFT is putting me in a conundrum. I don't want to buy any TPP stuff because I don't need more than the official stuff to have plenty to play. However, when LFT addresses a topic that I like that isn't yet covered officially, I want to buy it. What a first world problem.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
LFT is putting me in a conundrum. I don't want to buy any TPP stuff because I don't need more than the official stuff to have plenty to play.
Now seriously, mate: When has "having plenty to play" ever been a conundrum whether to buy new stuff for an ASL geek? ;)

However, when LFT addresses a topic that I like that isn't yet covered officially, I want to buy it. What a first world problem.
Soldier, now have this cigar and listen to this piece of advice from the Oberst that will save yourself from consulting a psychiatrist. With the money thus saved, you will come out of this with a) some extra dollars, b) that piece of LFT-goodness, and c) with peace of mind. Now carry on.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The conundrum is real. Money’s not in unlimited supply and our time is running out. MMP is still an auto buy, as is DFtB and LFT, but not much else.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The conundrum is real. Money’s not in unlimited supply and our time is running out. MMP is still an auto buy, as is DFtB and LFT, but not much else.
Seriously, I am with you. I already have more than enough stuff to last me a lifetime (or two or three...) if I stopped buying anything this instant. Not to mention, that I am running out of bookshelves for all the stuff.

I have stopped buying HASLs [EXC: MMP] for I will likely never find the time to play them. I don't buy 2nd editions (even if improved) any more [EXC: MMP again]. I don't purchase scenario packs any more on a systematic basis of some TPPs which I used to, but rather restrain myself to only grab what is within reach physically at tournaments (which is to say nothing until the GRENADIER hiatus hopefully ends).

The basic strategy boils down to 'maintaning core components'.

von Marwitz

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This hobby is cheap compared to a truly expensive hobby like trying to build a tournament deck for Magic. Anyhow I like the desert so this is an easy buy, but will have to wait for my budget to open up a little bit.