Le Franc Tireur 15

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Amazing magazine and maps, virtually a brand new module. A fine, varied selection of scenarios on those magnificent maps. I hope to see many more scenarios using them. By the way: one scenario requires an LFT map that I presume is not currently available. Any chance of it being produced again? The scenario sounds really interesting.
LFT 1. I need it too.

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Questions about FT293 Wild Men From Texas.

SR 2. states "Arid Terrain Rules for Cactus (AD2.13) (is this a typo and the referred rule is AD3.13?) and Grain (AD2.16) (is this a typo and the referred rule is AD3.16?) are in effect." Wild Men uses boards LFT 3 & 7 and by SR 2 transformation there are no orchards, thus rulebook F13.4 Orchards become Cactus Patches does not apply I believe. Are there no Cactus Patches in FT283? Since, there are no grain hexes on Boards LFT 3 & 7 so AD3.16 is also without effect?

AD4.1 Routing specifies that Brush, Grain, Thick Grain, Crags, Combined Terrain, Oasis Palm Trees or a trench get treated "as if these were Woods for determining direction of Rout." Since it does not explicitly state that those terrain features are also rally terrain, am I correct that unless an SR states otherwise, only Woods & Buildings remain rally terrain?

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curious if the LFT15 scenarios have been sent in to ROAR to be added to the database? I checked again today and they are not in there yet. I am curious to see how some of the scenarios are playing out -- and of course to add results. I have FT284 Vichy Strikes Back on deck with Paul Schaeffer and looking forward to starting it in a few weeks.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
How about combining some of those lovely arid boards with this one from the Nor'Easter pack II. (Also released by LFT).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
How about combining some of those lovely arid boards with this one from the Nor'Easter pack II. (Also released by LFT).

View attachment 25438
At first glance that seems to be hillocks, sand dunes & lots of other terrain types in there.
Maybe some players would be somewhat hesitant to tackle the LOS challenges of this?

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I think the sand dunes are just the 'artwork' but there are slopes, depressions and hillocks.

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good catch and my mistake.
Errata : The " Ude Artillery Screen " group has 4 crews and the " Ude Garrison " group has 2 crews.
Hello again. I am wondering again about this one and whether it should in fact be as originally printed. I had overlooked the bit in SSR2 about unpossessed guns or MMGs being allowed to set up concealed. That suggests that the dearth of crews is intentional. I'm thinking now that the errata was not needed and the card is correct as it is. Sorry for being a pest.

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
In Scenario FT280 Salvation at the temple, SSR 1 states that "...The only road that exist runs from LFT6A5-P4-Q10-LFT8Q1-X6-Y7-GG5".

The setting up instructions for the Japanese say that units set up on the road "...LFT6P6-Q10-LFT8Q10-X7-Y7-CC6 (see SSR 3).

The board configuration, as printed in the scenario, seems to support SSR1 (road in LFT8Q1), but in VASL Board LFT6/LFT8 Special transformations, when you click for this scenario, seems to support that the road is in LFT8Q10.

Red Chinese setup instructions ("...west of hexrow M..." for two groups) would also be affected.

Any help or support appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In Scenario FT280 Salvation at the temple, SSR 1 states that "...The only road that exist runs from LFT6A5-P4-Q10-LFT8Q1-X6-Y7-GG5".

The setting up instructions for the Japanese say that units set up on the road "...LFT6P6-Q10-LFT8Q10-X7-Y7-CC6 (see SSR 3).

The board configuration, as printed in the scenario, seems to support SSR1 (road in LFT8Q1), but in VASL Board LFT6/LFT8 Special transformations, when you click for this scenario, seems to support that the road is in LFT8Q10.

Red Chinese setup instructions ("...west of hexrow M..." for two groups) would also be affected.

Any help or support appreciated.

Thanks
The setting up instructions for the Japanese is wrong : it should read " LFT8Q1 ".
Sorry for the delay.