Le Franc Tireur 14 : now available for order

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice pic, looking forward to this magazine, it will be nice to actually look over a scenario card that is not wall to wall text.

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score
Looks like Bounding Fire is sold out (temporarily). For a U.S. buyer, it makes sense to wait until they're back in stock rather than purchasing direct from LFT, correct?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Looks like Bounding Fire is sold out (temporarily). For a U.S. buyer, it makes sense to wait until they're back in stock rather than purchasing direct from LFT, correct?
Depends on how desperate you are to get your hands on a bunch of Italian scenarios. If you are really desperate, it makes sense to drive to the airport, fly to France and knock on @Xavier 658 's door with a fistful of euros in your hand.

JR

Last edited:

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yes, the countersheets only contains infantry and SW, as it can be seen here: http://lefranctireur.org/spip.php?article145

There is no plan to release the countersheets separately and I doubt it will be the case one day because countersheets and magazines have been shipped to us shrink wrapped altogether. But X could confirm this as he was the one to receive the packages.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I really like the articles in LFT14 though, they gave me an insight to the Italian Army that's certainly outside of the "generally accepted" narrative in the ASL world. I really appreciate all that.

Great job @Alan Hume, on your write up as well. I really enjoyed it and I learned a lot.

Rgds Jack
Thanks Jack, that means a lot especially in lieu of all the negative comments on facebook. I never realised just how contentious those guys would be
but for the record they most certainly were the bad guys

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Jack, that means a lot especially in lieu of all the negative comments on facebook. I never realised just how contentious those guys would be
I know. I saw. I would have the same gut reaction if it's about the IJA. However, because of your article, I learned who they are and that they are bad folks. Terrific article mate, tremendous work!

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is understandable as some of the guys in Italy had family members who were killed in some of the atrocities perpetrated by that unit when they engaged in anti-partisan activities it makes them somewhat sensitive. Overall, I think it worked out well and served as a great learning experience. I look forward to receiving the magazine so I can read the article.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is understandable as some of the guys in Italy had family members who were killed in some of the atrocities perpetrated by that unit when they engaged in anti-partisan activities it makes them somewhat sensitive. Overall, I think it worked out well and served as a great learning experience. I look forward to receiving the magazine so I can read the article.
agreed, it might have been better had I not written the article to be honest

it was certainly not meant to hurt or offend anyone and I hope it doesn't detract from what is a great magazine

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Alan, hi all,

agreed, it might have been better had I not written the article to be honest
I disagree :) Your article is very interesting. And not everyone can like what we publish. It's like this.

Rather ask your detractors to write / publish something. Criticizing is so easy...

it was certainly not meant to hurt or offend anyone and I hope it doesn't detract from what is a great magazine
We all know that you didn't mean to hurt anyone.

We didn't mean to hurt anyone as well when giving the names of "Mozarella" and "Paraculo" to the couple of Italian 6+1 leaders in our countersheets. Nevertheless, several Italian players have been offended (not many though, I would say 2%). One also complained about "Pirlone", since it looks to be a curse in Italian as well. This Pirlone was in fact a Sergeant Major of the Folgore Division (with a funny name though...), who won the Gold medal of military valor during the battle of El Alamein and died that very day (http://www.esercito.difesa.it/en/history/pagine/gold-medals-of-military-valor-of-el-alamein.aspx) . Although some of them understood that these namings were more a mistake than any other thing, the 1% left should stop buying our publications and wait for a reprint of Hollow Legions, this is the advice I would give them.

So don't worry Alan, whatever you'll do, you will always find people to tell you that what you did was baaaaaad. Drink a beer and smile.... and don't care too much about that. Your article is great and meant to offend no one.

X