LCP Hells Highway

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It's been a year since I played and away from the rules at the moment but aren't the Typhoon attacks pretty weak?
Actually, I don't know. I own the product- the map is one of the most natural looking I have ever come across (the landscape does not feel 'artificial' as opposed to many other HASL maps IMHO), but I have not delved into the rules. My remark was based on what was said about the (possible) role of Typhoons in this thread.

von Marwitz

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
I think the average number of Typhoons is about 9-10 if you buy all them all.Some of which will fail their sighting TC ,to hit rolls or TK kill rolls.Some will be shot down by the strong German AA halftracks.It doesnt translate into very many destroyed Panthers.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
my buddy and I are convinced its not winnable by the allies. The VC are just too tough.........

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
That's a shame. Panthers are rough, and half tracks are very powerful when given free reign to run around the backfield. Is it fixable with a CVP cap, or maybe recall halftracks as they unload as OVHS did with all the Kangaroos?
its not only that (HTs running around). It is the fact the crews can abandon the HTs, taking an MG with them, making it even more difficult to accomplish the VCs as now there are even more MMC to deal with. Perhaps I missed a rule or SSR.

Your SSR does help thought.

Peace

Roger

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
its not only that (HTs running around). It is the fact the crews can abandon the HTs, taking an MG with them, making it even more difficult to accomplish the VCs as now there are even more MMC to deal with. Perhaps I missed a rule or SSR.

Your SSR does help thought.

Peace

Roger
That's the way we played it too. Way tough on the Allies !!

ASLmedic

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
My opponent (germans) has conceded our campaign game now in the end of the 3rd date.He had lost 2 Panthers to my fireflies and 1 to a typhoon in that scenario.His main reason for conceding was that he still thought he had a chance of winning but that would involve lurking in the backfield until the last date and then rushing the highway behind a screen of smoke.And he thought it would boring until then.I think he would probably be right.It might be an idea to change the VC conditions a bit to avoid that.Otherwise I actually think its a good campaign otherwise, its exciting struggle between an infantry heavy allied force and an infantry starved German force.Great map also.