LCP Battle For Bondage

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy all-

My buddy Bob and I were looking over stuff to play, Bob luvs early war scenarios so he saw my Race to the Meuse module from LCP sitting in a stack of other ASL things that I really need to organize one day. We looked over the scenarios and as usual, only one appeared to be worth playing with the rest being super tiny. So we decided upon the big one (well actually it is probably more medium size) which used the whole map, and once more this might be a misnomer since only the middle portion of the map will actually see some use.

The Belgians are setting up in three sectors with lots of mines, a few poll boxes and some wire. The Belgians also get to blow a bridge (there are five) on east of hexrow X but the Germans do not know this until they come in LoS of the blown bridge. I decided to blow LL23 Bridge and then use those guys to fall back and help reinforce the guys fight up north.

The Germans start out with some armored cars, a decent cadre of Infantry and SW and are coming on to the map with motor cycles. Hence that was why I had a few Q's on those things in the Q&A section here. The Germans are getting reinforced for the next few turns with crewed HMG groups, a truck towed 37L ATG group (I would dump the ATG's and just get the crews up front to help man the MMG's in the northern group) and finally more infantry and a strange 88L mounted on a truck.

The VC is pretty straight forward, capture at least three Bridges and clear a road section of any Belgian squads within 2 hexes of the Road/ LoS to it. The is no Arty, no Sir Support, it is a fairly straight up fight with few assets on both sides. The Germans have 11 1/2 turns to win this one.

We played for five turns thus far and it is touch and go for both sides, the Germans have breach the pillbox defense in the AA7 area of the map (north) and are trying to get behind my defenses in the south in an attempt to keep my southern forces from linking up with my northern forces. So far the Germans have lost one AC, one is recalled and other is under little stun. My little Belgian anti tank destroyer is doing yomans work indeed. The tough part for the Germans might be actually trying to clear the road VC area of Begian squads to be honest.

All in all, once you read up on motorcycles, fording a river, it is not to mind numbing. Its too bad that the whole map does not get used, but these are small ob's so I can see why in some way. Will let you guys know how this one turns out probably next week.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A spellchecker with a kink. Kinky.