Lc question

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
Hello all.

Reading LC rules the first time and am unclear on loading/unloading multiple units. Say you have 3 1/2 squads unloading from a 39 PP LC that has 4 MP left and is beached, will the LC spend 1 or 4 MP for their unloading at 25% MF each not stacked, what if they unload as a single stack?

Thanks for any help on this or info on a good article or tutorial.

Thanks again,

Alan

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The normal rules for vehicle unloading apply to LC Passengers [G12.4]. This would mean that for each set of units unloading separately, the LC would expend 25% (or more per the vehicle notes) of its MP allotment. Note that a stack may split at any time [A4.2], so a large stack of Infantry might unload together, then immediately split into individual elements after unloading. There is no way for two different stacks to unload "simultaneously".

Q&A said:
D6.5 Is the 1/4 MP cost to a vehicle unloading Passengers/Riders calculated per unloading unit, if multiple units do not unload as a stack (but all unload before the vehicle resumes movement)?
A. Yes. [Compil2]
JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Interesting point. Gotta scribble that into "Ye Grande Olde Booke of von Marwitz's Quillets"

von Marwitz

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
Thanks JR. I was leaning that way, wasn't sure. RB says that clearly but quickly and vaguely. Thinking about it, I've been playing trucks wrong, they would unload the same way.

alan

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thanks JR. I was leaning that way, wasn't sure. RB says that clearly but quickly and vaguely. Thinking about it, I've been playing trucks wrong, they would unload the same way.
Yes, if you have a large number of guys jumping off a truck, they also have to do so together.

The reason it has to be this way is the LCT(4). If 540PP of Infantry and vehicles could just hop off, leaving the LCT with MP to start back out to sea, something would be wrong. Although it looks to me that with some serious overstacking and some minimum moving, you might be able to get an all-infantry contingent off the ship and on the beach in a hurry. You can do AFVs three at a time I think (maximum platoon size).

JR

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
Yea, thanks. Mud starting to clear with the added info. Read Getting your feet wet from J9 and it didn't really clear things up, just said do like vehicle D6.4. Could enjoy and use a good how to.

Alan