Launching air strikes on recon'd hexes

Hudson

Reaction score
I had a question I wasnt sure was covered in the manual

If I recon a hex with air units and turn up a question mark, then launch an air strike against that hex is there a chance I can do damage (i wont see the results i am sure) or is it a waste of time?

Would my opponent (this is pBEM) see the airstrike on his turn?

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I had a question I wasnt sure was covered in the manual

If I recon a hex with air units and turn up a question mark, then launch an air strike against that hex is there a chance I can do damage (i wont see the results i am sure) or is it a waste of time?
Whether you can launch a strike or not is going to be determined by the optional rules that you selected at the start of play; I think the default though, is that you can launch strikes. However, as you observed, you are not going to know what the results are (incidentally it works the same way with a naval bombardment.).

Would my opponent (this is pBEM) see the airstrike on his turn?
Yes, and you're opponent would also see the exact results (unless your opposite number never watches the replay... which can happen).

One way to test these sort of mechanisms (this from a person who had to resort to this in playtesting a different set of series'), is set up a game in hotseat mode and play a few turns against yourself. Ok, sure it is not nearly as fun as actually playing, but it is a good way to learn the system.

I'll have to have a look at the user guide, that probably is there, as it is sort of a basic mechanism for game play (air strike resolution), although it might not stick out like a sore thumb (if I get time I'll try to have a look and post back). Fair warning though, I am in running all over the place mode -I may forget to. :/

Hudson

Reaction score
I probably missed it in there but you nailed my question so appreciate it!