Latest MMP release

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You could try moving to Australia; MMP won't let us buy any new products so it simplifies the decision tremendously.
Eventually, the Yanks will ship you the MMP-dope by nuclear sub. ;)

That said, I liked my (alas short) stay in Australia. Noice chaps thaire. The only thing an European needs to get used to is that basically any critter around there seems to be poisonous enough to drop dead a bull in a wink.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The only thing an European needs to get used to is that basically any critter around there seems to be poisonous enough to drop dead a bull in a wink.
Australian children are instructed in the arts of arm-wrestling spiders and drop-kicking snakes at an early age.

That being said, we don't have bears (koalas don't count) so it's probably even.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see a scenario VC conditions - take all LV 3 hill hexes! Oh BTW Good Luck!o_O Interesting Board 88. Good looking map.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Australian children are instructed in the arts of arm-wrestling spiders and drop-kicking snakes at an early age.

That being said, we don't have bears (koalas don't count) so it's probably even.
or skunks
Indeed. In Louisiana, where I stayed for a year, these beasts seemed to have a knack to get themselves overrun on the roads. They don't drop people by poison but rather by smell. One night, such a thing 'erupted' directly beneath my opened window. It was - erm - memorable...

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We don't have bears (koalas don't count).
Edited for clarity.

Bruce, Koalas are the "stealthiest" killers in the world.

They will win you over with their "cuteness", then when you pick them up, others will get jealous and attack you for picking up only one.

Why do you think Ron Mosher has his "Koala Hit Squad" in seclusion?

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Indeed. In Louisiana, where I stayed for a year, these beasts seemed to have a knack to get themselves overrun on the roads. They don't drop people by poison but rather by smell. One night, such a thing 'erupted' directly beneath my opened window. It was - erm - memorable...

von Marwitz
They are constant in our neighborhood here in The LBC. I've got sprayed once a couple of years ago. Taking out the trash, saw a tail, and heard a swish. My dog got it last summer (not the first time). It takes about 2 months for the stank to completely go away.

How come they never roll 10 or higher? Brings your morale down by 1. Disrupts the dog.

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Nice maps. I am tempted!

just a thought: is there an ASL advent calendar with counters in the boxes and board 77 in the back?? 😊

which counters would you put in it? Hmmmm
Could be a whole new line of Christmas presents 🎁

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If you’re looking for PTO with distinctive terrain wait until you try your luck fighting your way through the town of Ie and then attempting to capture The Pinnacle.
it’s like Kakazu Ridge’s nasty big brother.
Don't just leave us hanging!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<<We have nearly a hundred official boards, and BFP has quite a few also ... Also, the game and boards were meant to be representative terrain, not exact terrain. I doubt there are many terrain types that are not represented. For example, we probably never need another city board. Arguably, we may not need any new boards whatsoever, except for historical ones.>> And yet, as far as I am aware, only a single geo-board with a canal (with none in rural terrain.) Not a rebuttal - the point is generally valid - just something that I sometimes wonder about. Canals crop up enough historically that you find them SSR'd from streams from time to time. With so many boards in print it seems a little odd that we never got a second one (or maybe there is and I never ran across it?) or a canal overlay (again maybe there is one I've never seen?)
We go through this all the time and new board lovers always can point to a number of things that have not yet appeared or are greatly underrepresented. In addition, one must consider the fact that much-utilized boards can grow stale over time.