Latest MMP release

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice boards, they might be numbered wrong as the 88-87 should read 87-88... been reading to much Desperation Moral though, possibly. ;-)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice boards, they might be numbered wrong as the 88-87 should read 87-88... been reading to much Desperation Moral though, possibly. ;-)
Ooh aah. The mis-numbered boards will be collector's items!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The maps are wonderful, but the scenarios are massively about FW. Which I haven't dipped my toe into yet (others will certainly be enthusiastic, of course).
I will purchase the pack through secondchancegames, at least for the map and the couple of WW2 scenarios.

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
I'd like the map a lot better if there was at least one side-to-side spanning road. The orchard placement doesn't make much sense for them as orchards or olive groves (a sh%!-ton of them in non-contiguous hexes on board 88 with not a building in sight?), though they work okay if your intent is to represent sparsely wooded areas by using orchard rules. In any event I'll happily take more hill boards over yet more villages. Well done!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd like the map a lot better if there was at least one side-to-side spanning road.
One of the versions had a road going across the top. Pete vetoed it.

The orchard placement doesn't make much sense for them as orchards or olive groves (a sh%!-ton of them in non-contiguous hexes on board 88 with not a building in sight?), though they work okay if your intent is to represent sparsely wooded areas by using orchard rules.
The thought was to provide cover for HIP infantry while offering a modicum of protection from the heights. Shrug.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The maps are wonderful, but the scenarios are massively about FW. Which I haven't dipped my toe into yet (others will certainly be enthusiastic, of course).
I will purchase the pack through secondchancegames, at least for the map and the couple of WW2 scenarios.
You should try it. It is an interesting addition to our hobby.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin, several scenarios in the pack will be good 'intro to ASL Korean War' games for those such as yourself.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The thought was to provide cover for HIP infantry while offering a modicum of protection from the heights. Shrug.
Are natural terrain features designed to provide cover for infantry? I thought natural terrain features were, you know, just placed by nature, and their utility to infantry is more-or-less random. Man-made terrain features (and you could include orchards in that group) are obviously not placed by nature, but man only places them if man perceives some benefit to them in their ongoing lives. With some exceptions here and there, it doesn't typically include military benefits.

I don't like at all the idea that ASL maps are designed with an eye for "how can we help people fight here" rather than "sometimes people fight here and you just have to deal with it, good or bad".

That being said, I don't see any real "logic" problems on these maps. Most of the orchards are more likely to represent naturally-thinned-out clusters of trees or whatever. Except for Z5, which is clearly the result of some local town council "village beautification" project.