Latest Beta Patch

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After playing the new Airborn Drop scenario and suffering terrible EW penalties and worried about a mechanized overun from the north I have to say this game is reaching the Holy $h1t phase...:surprise:

The force tree to the left now shows the paradrop status for drops and a red "D" for disorganized. Nice Touch!

Has anyone tested any of the new countries?

meade95

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have yet to test the latest patch sent out by Scott. TWS71669, It sounds like you feel the game is running much better...this is good to hear....would like to hear more opinions.....

How is the scenario editor working?

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I spent most of the day actually testing scenarios that used most of the obscure stuff... it looks like engagement ranges work correctly as they relate to the ubersnipers. Disorganization is now a very important factor when you start anykind of airmobile/airdrop stuff.
HQ's have a command ability to order IF if any of thier subordinates have a request so that shaves off some time getting arty on target.
The database is expanded to include the British in both para/regular army units. Plus there is more basic weps and systems stuff I hadn't noticed before (I think) it's a pretty big amount to remember.:)

Just as a test I ordered a TLAM strike on some Al-Qiada posistions in the hills and coordinated my apaches to pick off the stragglers. The TLAM strike off of the DDG Perry worked well from over 100km out, but my Apaches had problems engaging through the smoke and burning wrecks until they closed to 1400m... very good.
The editor hasn't given me any c++ errors so far but I am going to build some multi-engagements tongiht and let the AI battle it out.
More later... I still think the UAV's might be a little undercooked but stability overall has vastly improved.

Later,
-T

Last edited:

Gerry58

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you referring to the beta11 build patch?
Please tell me if there is a new build and where i can download it.
Thank you.

Rod

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
meade95 said:
I have yet to test the latest patch sent out by Scott. TWS71669, It sounds like you feel the game is running much better...this is good to hear....would like to hear more opinions.....

How is the scenario editor working?
I have been focusing on scenario 1 as I've played it enough to spot when odd things are happening. Scott has been extremely responsive. For example I had another c++ error on turn 13. Sent the file to HPS and had the following response today direct from Scott.

"Thanks, I got it! It was due to a unit being destroyed (and deleted from the array) but other units/missiles also had it targeted. In most cases we picked that up, but in certain situations, we didn’t."

With this level of support I am confident that we will ultimately end up with a fine simulation. There are still enough queries about LOS, passive armour etc for me not to trust the simulation totally. But Scott is working on the issues and they will be resolved.

For the moment I'm still getting overrun by the reds!!!! Oh for armour that would spot those pesky BMP's!!!

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gerry58 said:
Are you referring to the beta11 build patch?
Please tell me if there is a new build and where i can download it.
Thank you.
No, this is beta 18... I think Don is going to upload it sometime soon otherwise I can email it to you if you private messege me....

MikeSinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tws71669 said:
After playing the new Airborn Drop scenario and suffering terrible EW penalties and worried about a mechanized overun from the north I have to say this game is reaching the Holy $h1t phase...:surprise:

The force tree to the left now shows the paradrop status for drops and a red "D" for disorganized. Nice Touch!

Has anyone tested any of the new countries?
Tiberius,

Is the Airbourne drop scenerio a new offering from HPS or one you built? It sounds interesting. Any chance you could post a copy here?

Thanks,
Mike

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mike, I sent you a copy of the latest files... the Airborn scenario is a NEW one from the Team at HPS and although not much cuz it's kinda a test, it's still a nice taste of what's to come.
-T

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay... little update
1st see the thread beta patch 04/05 I put the files in my yahoo breifcase.
you can DL the files there.
2nd Mike I tried emailing you the files but got a bouncback I think because yahoo doesn't like the file sizes... but you can still get them from above.
I hope!
This is the first time I am trying out my BC... so if it screws up I need people to tell me so I can investigate it.
Thanks everyone.

-Tiberius