Latest beta if you fancy it

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
An enormous amount of work has been done for this next version..the whole data table has been reworked and gone through with a fine tooth comb..so has lots of issues with spotting due to fatigue, training, moral, shoot and scoot etc etc.

A huge amount of the engine has been redone or reworked.

The Friendly Fire issue has been fixed as well as some other access errors etc.

Again still have a way to go..I'm hopeful at some point we get more SOP choices.

Edit: I've just been told I can't give out this beta patch as it's a special testing version..sorry..but I'm sure it will be out soon. I was to eager trying to get it into your hands.

Last edited:

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope that you are right Jason.
I have been a supporter for a long time, but the fairly obvious disdain for those who paid a premium price for this product, and then are basically ignored, is wearing even my own legendary patience down. There is no developer feedback, no assurances that "yes, I know you paid a lot for this product, and we are doing xxxxxxxx to fix it"... there are months sometimes between any news or update on what is going on. I know the issues, I completely understand them, but a lot of people cannot, and occasional updates or answers to questions posted here by people who paid for this game, would go a long way, perhaps you may mention this to Scott. You can see how, in other forums you are a member of, that even when the developer had medical issues, family issues, etc. he let those who paid for his product in on what was going on, gave regular updates, and still has managed to quash the problems that game had, with numerous beta patches, then listening to feedback, then more patches, until the customers are happy, and which by the way has built himself a solid fan base of loyal customers who will gladly purchase his next game based upon that.
I know this is not about you Jason, and I for one am thankful that you at least 'drop a line' here occasionally, just venting some frustration with the ones who SHOULD be supporting those who supported them.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Honestly take my word the game is constantly worked on..thats no word of a lie,..the only breaks last year was when Scott lost two very close family member sone after the other or if he fell ill.

This is a long process as I keep saying..just the smallest change or issue can take hours and hours to fix\add etc etc..one reaosn SCott is recoding lots of the game is to streamline it abit more under the hood.

Honestly I swear on my life Scott is constantly working on it. Scott has also said he will never give up on it or stop and the only way it would happen is if he goes in a box..he said he has put way to much of his life into it to ever consider abanding it.

Put it aside..give it ago each new patch..hopefully in the next couple of years it will be fullfilling it's potential.

I still have fun making little scenarios and playing the game..it just needs some more features to give the player some more options like new SOP's that are distance relevant etc.

Also i will say this just isn't a game where your going to get quick patch turn arounds as it's so damn detailed underneath..hopefully with all this major recoding i will get easier.

Finally I will also say SCott is just as peeved as everyone else about the speed. He said that over the year or so I was testing he had had more feedback than he had had for years since POA2 had come out. He just hasn't been given enough feedback from players over the years. He has said he is available..you just have to email him. He will also get back to you. He actually wants feedback.

I know he had about 200 emails of me to go through ontop of all the new data table recoding.. I've just sent him about another 10!..But some of them, are me repeating thinsg I've brought up before. He is going to work through them aswell. I actually have 12 pages of emails that are correspondence from Scott over the last year and four months.

One last thing SCot is a fantastic person..and he wouldn't want to hurt or upset anyone and disdain is definitely not how he feels. He has said he is open for anyone to email him..he just doesn't like forums at all and thinks they cna be more trouble than it's worth..so I suppose I'm his spokesmen. If you all truly knew how much time and effort he puts into this game you'd certainly see him in a different light..not only has it affetced his health (in my humble opinion) but also is a stress on his private life with regards to the amount of time he spends on it. Honestly I know it's hard to understand and I know this is probably falling on deaf ears..but every word is true. I suggest anyone who wants to chat with him and has game issue semail him.

Last edited:

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do completely understand, as I said. Primarily, because I am doing some software myself for the military, and we had spent 6 months trying to fix one "simple" line of code, that kept breaking something else each time we "fixed" it. I just know, from reading this forum, and from watching the numbers of regulars dwindle over the years, that what should be a good game, is losing its fan base because to most customers who purchase a game, they expect it to be working when they paid for it. I actually liked the initial release better than I liked the last few patches myself, because initially I had quickly found "workarounds" for the quirkiness of the software, but those workarounds stopped working in the last public patch.
As for the rest, you know that I think you are a good guy. Scott is lucky to have you as his spokesman here. Perhaps you could just occasionally drop a line so everyone knows that work is still ongoing, and so the players don't end up all wandering off to other games. The sad thing about this genre is that the market to begin with is not very large, so most "companies" are in effect, a single person, or perhaps a couple of good mates. I know how much work that can be.

wstraka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Honestly take my word the game is constantly worked on..thats no word of a lie,..the only breaks last year was when Scott lost two very close family member sone after the other or if he fell ill.

This is a long process as I keep saying..just the smallest change or issue can take hours and hours to fix\add etc etc..one reaosn SCott is recoding lots of the game is to streamline it abit more under the hood.

Honestly I swear on my life Scott is constantly working on it. Scott has also said he will never give up on it or stop and the only way it would happen is if he goes in a box..he said he has put way to much of his life into it to ever consider abanding it.

Put it aside..give it ago each new patch..hopefully in the next couple of years it will be fullfilling it's potential.

I still have fun making little scenarios and playing the game..it just needs some more features to give the player some more options like new SOP's that are distance relevant etc.

Also i will say this just isn't a game where your going to get quick patch turn arounds as it's so damn detailed underneath..hopefully with all this major recoding i will get easier.

Finally I will also say SCott is just as peeved as everyone else about the speed. He said that over the year or so I was testing he had had more feedback than he had had for years since POA2 had come out. He just hasn't been given enough feedback from players over the years. He has said he is available..you just have to email him. He will also get back to you. He actually wants feedback.

I know he had about 200 emails of me to go through ontop of all the new data table recoding.. I've just sent him about another 10!..But some of them, are me repeating thinsg I've brought up before. He is going to work through them aswell. I actually have 12 pages of emails that are correspondence from Scott over the last year and four months.

One last thing SCot is a fantastic person..and he wouldn't want to hurt or upset anyone and disdain is definitely not how he feels. He has said he is open for anyone to email him..he just doesn't like forums at all and thinks they cna be more trouble than it's worth..so I suppose I'm his spokesmen. If you all truly knew how much time and effort he puts into this game you'd certainly see him in a different light..not only has it affetced his health (in my humble opinion) but also is a stress on his private life with regards to the amount of time he spends on it. Honestly I know it's hard to understand and I know this is probably falling on deaf ears..but every word is true. I suggest anyone who wants to chat with him and has game issue semail him.
Wodin,

First of all, I want to say that while I am sure that Scott is a wonderful person and all that, he is surely lacking in communications. I know there are a few (I am guessing half a dozen or less) people here who are able to email Scott and provide feedback on the game, but most of us cannot (as in we don't have Scott's email address). We provide feedback through the forum--and it generally is one-way feedback.

Generally speaking, there have been around half a dozen postings about updates or work he has been doing in the last calendar year with one beta in May. It is tiring hearing about this happening or that happening and nothing actually being released. ADC 2 was last updated 10 years ago! I remember reading of the plans for TU (couldn't find the actual posting) about how there was going to be a module for the early war western front, the later years in the east, an ADC 3, etc. I'm in my 50's, I would like to live long enough to try these.

Finally, Wodin I would like to thank you for being Scott's spokesman here. Without your postings, I don't think there would be anything from Scott. Thank you.

Bill

Last edited:

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I too want to live long enough to see the series fullfill potential. I stopped posting about the betas I'm sent as it seemed it was winding people up.

I had an email off him a couple of days ago and here is a quote

"What I'll do, though, is post a note on the update page telling people that it's coming. I'm also going to start something (again on the page) that I'll update every few weeks or so with what's going on. Hopefully I'll get to that this weekend. Maybe that will help people feel connected a bit more, because I'll admit that I'm so focused on working that I don't see some of the other things going on in the bigger picture.

In the meantime anyone who is interested can email me for a status update (as many people do)... I reply to them all. :)"

His email is

scott[at]hpssims.com

Send him any problems you have..ask him questions..give your ideas etc etc..

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem with the posts about the betas is that they just drop random bunches of positive notes but don't attempt to paint a realistic picture of where the game then stands. That requires describing some tradeoff and some "this got fixed but this didn't".

There were several game where I wasted huge amount of game time not gaming because I was chasing useless patches. A stream of patches, each of which came with a "not it's all good" barrage. Except it never was.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The problem with the posts about the betas is that they just drop random bunches of positive notes but don't attempt to paint a realistic picture of where the game then stands. That requires describing some tradeoff and some "this got fixed but this didn't".

There were several game where I wasted huge amount of game time not gaming because I was chasing useless patches. A stream of patches, each of which came with a "not it's all good" barrage. Except it never was.

That would sound like the difference between a review (granted a really good review -and those are pretty tough to find), and a beta - in a beta, the testers are supposed to be providing feedback to the project. I have never seen one where it was then about reporting it to the public, in fact most places make you sign non-disclosure agreements -and I am not even being specific to this particular publisher.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That would sound like the difference between a review (granted a really good review -and those are pretty tough to find), and a beta - in a beta, the testers are supposed to be providing feedback to the project. I have never seen one where it was then about reporting it to the public, in fact most places make you sign non-disclosure agreements -and I am not even being specific to this particular publisher.
You misunderstand. I don't want more information. I want the same amount but looking more balanced. The one-sided "all fixed" canon is repulsive and hurts the game. Everybody who jumps on one of those patches and finds the game to be (still) bad isn't coming back.