Lastest news

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
True, there has been a « Best of Tactiques » idea in the air a while ago (it was been hinted in the magazine once). No interest has spawned enough to make it happen.

Regarding old issues, it is more or less the same. Reprinting them would mean quite some work (they would need to be laid out again, more counters would have to be drawn (last time I checked, around 30 counters only for the five first issues!). Thought, there has been some work in order to lay out the scenarios of LFT#5 (Authion battle), but nothing planned in the short run.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean like the Tactiques stuff? X floated that a few years ago, not sure what became of it.
Yes, specifically LFT 7 and FTC 2. They each have a couple of scenarios that look a bit out of the ordinary. Not that I don't have a few hundred or so other ones to play, but the best scenarios are the ones you don't have.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, specifically LFT 7 and FTC 2. They each have a couple of scenarios that look a bit out of the ordinary. Not that I don't have a few hundred or so other ones to play, but the best scenarios are the ones you don't have.
My idea was not to reissue the whole magazine, but to include a few of the old scenarios in new packs

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
My idea was not to reissue the whole magazine, but to include a few of the old scenarios in new packs
Well, that would be great for you. Kind of sucks for everyone else, doesn't it? As a general rule, I don't care to pay for something twice. Also, "here's our new magazine, you already own half of it" doesn't work very well as a selling point.

Old scenarios should either be republished in some separate dedicated publication (or reprint of an old publication) so that only the people who don't have it need to buy it again; or, make them available for free as a download. Up to the individual publisher to decide which suits them better. (Or of course there's the Critical Hit approach: give the old scenarios new names and republish them as if they were new.)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, that would be great for you. Kind of sucks for everyone else, doesn't it? As a general rule, I don't care to pay for something twice. Also, "here's our new magazine, you already own half of it" doesn't work very well as a selling point.
You do realize that the early LFT magazines were in French and so were the scenarios within?

I have not double-checked if LFT 7 was already in English, but in case not, then if it (or earlier ones) were reissued in English, they would be as good as new for all those that are not among the overwhelming majority of players [cough, cough] that are proficient in French.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Old scenarios should either be republished in some separate dedicated publication (or reprint of an old publication) so that only the people who don't have it need to buy it again; or, make them available for free as a download. Up to the individual publisher to decide which suits them better. (Or of course there's the Critical Hit approach: give the old scenarios new names and republish them as if they were new.)
I see your point. But it was more of a dream than anything else. Some one will eventually put them up for sale on ebay or boardgamegeek.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You do realize that the early LFT magazines were in French and so were the scenarios within?
I can only half confirm this: I have, among my collection of old ASL stuff, a copy of LFT #1, dated Autumn 1996. All in French, about 20 pages, single side; it says on the cover "Scenarios: Mandchourie, 15 mai 1939; Indochine, 25 septembre 1940; Cambodge, 16 janvier 1941; France, 25 juillet 1944", but I couldn't find any enclosed scenarios. It's quite possible that they were there, but I lost them, though.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hmmm, old VASL counter graphics, how vintage is that. :cool:

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Were they? I only have English translations which, it turns out, are freely downloadable, as Jackson mentions above. (Note that I don't think issue 4 had any scenarios; at least, there's no break in numbering from the scenarios that appeared in issue 3 and issue 5.) I don't know why I didn't remember that these existed ....

And of course several of those scenarios (and a few subsequently) were redone by MMP ....

That still leaves a large number of scenarios from issues 5-8 (?) not available to anyone who was unable to secure a copy of the magazine. Which is a fair concern, but I still don't think that expecting everyone to re-purchase them is a good idea.

Reactions: PTY

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi ,

That still leaves a large number of scenarios from issues 5-8 (?) not available to anyone who was unable to secure a copy of the magazine. Which is a fair concern, but I still don't think that expecting everyone to re-purchase them is a good idea.
I hear you Bruce. Several from LFT 7 have already been published by MMP (5 IIRW), as you wrote.

We have already redrawn and updated several scenarios from our older issues, like FTC 1 and 2 and have reprinted as well our LFT 1 and 2 mapboards.

We will probably ask Dave Ramsey to get these scenarios on his site for download, or maybe for the older ones just put them on our LFT site for free donwload. It will depend on the demand and several other aspects. The maps, of course, will be sold but we still haven't decided when / how. As usual, we need some time and are more prone to work on new projects rather than update older ones or reprint old stuff.

Best,

X

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi ,

I hear you Bruce. Several from LFT 7 have already been published by MMP (5 IIRW), as you wrote.

We have already redrawn and updated several scenarios from our older issues, like FTC 1 and 2 and have reprinted as well our LFT 1 and 2 mapboards.

We will probably ask Dave Ramsey to get these scenarios on his site for download, or maybe for the older ones just put them on our LFT site for free donwload. It will depend on the demand and several other aspects. The maps, of course, will be sold but we still haven't decided when / how. As usual, we need some time and are more prone to work on new projects rather than update older ones or reprint old stuff.

Best,

X
Heya X .. perhaps update them with the new sexy counter graphics!

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Heya X .. perhaps update them with the new sexy counter graphics!
Scenarios FT3 "Terroristen", FT4 "Wild Wild East", FT5 "Trappola", FT6 "Balkan Imbroglio", FT7 "Jacksons' Fire" and FT9 "Alpine Bolt" have been updated with our new counter graphics. They need to be translated (intro/aftermath).

Scenarios FT1, FT2 and FT8 (all featuring Indochina fights) have been published by MMP in the ASL Journal.

Scenarios FT13 to FT17 (from LFT#5 about the Authion heights in April 1945) have been translated and updated with our new counter graphics. They need a final proofreading.

Scenarios FT59 to FT68 (from LFT#9 about Yugoslavia) are currently updated with our new counter graphics at a low pace (need a lot of graphic work from our artist). The original printing was not very good.

How all these scenarios will be released ? Only Xavier knows.

PS: Scenarios from LFT#4 (aka the Provence Pack) uses a specific numbering system (PP1 to PP10). Hope this help.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Scenarios FT3 "Terroristen", FT4 "Wild Wild East", FT5 "Trappola", FT6 "Balkan Imbroglio", FT7 "Jacksons' Fire" and FT9 "Alpine Bolt" have been updated with our new counter graphics. They need to be translated (intro/aftermath).

Scenarios FT1, FT2 and FT8 (all featuring Indochina fights) have been published by MMP in the ASL Journal.

Scenarios FT13 to FT17 (from LFT#5 about the Authion heights in April 1945) have been translated and updated with our new counter graphics. They need a final proofreading.

Scenarios FT59 to FT68 (from LFT#9 about Yugoslavia) are currently updated with our new counter graphics at a low pace (need a lot of graphic work from our artist). The original printing was not very good.

How all these scenarios will be released ? Only Xavier knows.

PS: Scenarios from LFT#4 (aka the Provence Pack) uses a specific numbering system (PP1 to PP10). Hope this help.

And with Guillaume we are in the process of playing all 'Spanish war' scenarios (ft 15-25) again to check and correct them if we want to republish them.
Regards