LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

again, some good and some less good.

The Rat charts are at the printers, and they should be shipping by the end of the month. Same format, 36 pages full of charts with some new additions.

Hard lamination as its very first edition hasn't been possible, but instead, cover and back cover are printed on a thicker paper (350 grams instead of 310) and laminated like the former RPC v2 chart (means you can drop coffee or beer on it without any problem).

As someone suggested (IIRW, Pitman), we have also changed the color of the cover to differentiate the versions of the RPC. We have also left a blank rectangle on the front so that one can write his name and 2 empty slots in the last page Index and made several changes so that they are.... better :)

And there will be tabs as well. I will update our LFT site as soon as I have a better idea of the release schedule.

Eventually, another good new: the price is not going to raise and we will sell it like we sold RPC v2 :)

Best,

X

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RPC v2.1? How was the last one sold? Will I get it from your site directly or will retailers sell it?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Scott,

So any cool modules or scenario packs coming out this year?
FTC 8 before the end of the year (with 48 pages or so and a dozen of scenarios), and maybe another scenario pack for KGS. :)

RPC v2.1? How was the last one sold? Will I get it from your site directly or will retailers sell it?
You can buy it directly from us but the Gamer's Armory, Noble Knight, Second chance games and probably some other retailers will carry it as well.

Best,

X

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll pass on KGS, knowing the designer, Probably over half the scenarios have wall to wall text of SSR's and paragraph long VC's.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your choice Scott, but I do know that people who enjoyed KGS will be very happy to read some articles about it and discover 8 more scenarios.

And the designer is a great guy btw, you just have different approaches, both of them respectable :)

Cheers;

X
This is one time I'm on Scott's side. We thought KGS was very full of chrome and some of it made no sense why it was there. We enjoyed it, but gave up after a couple dates..

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am glad you enjoy kgs, it is not for everyone which is unfortunate because you end up excluding a large number of players from attempting such a very complicated and chrome heavy HASL. FB suffers this same problem, very complicated very exclusive to a small player base. The reason you see so many AAR's on Red Barricades or VotG's is because both of those HASL's appeal to a very large player base and in the end, would'nt you want that for all HASL designs?

Scott
Well I think KGS is the best HASL ever ,and I have played a lot.Great map and very tense campaign,it brings HASL to a new level in my opinion.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the reasons, not the reason. Someone could point out that the main reason is probably because it was the only HASL available for many years.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the reasons, not the reason. Someone could point out that the main reason is probably because it was the only HASL available for many years.
1990 to 1996 when KGP long for the regular public, yep. was about 5-6 years with the only HASL on the market as an official product. It was also the first HASL (RB) making it have a lot of appeal to players interested in HASL.

I am glad you enjoy kgs, it is not for everyone which is unfortunate because you end up excluding a large number of players from attempting such a very complicated and chrome heavy HASL. FB suffers this same problem, very complicated very exclusive to a small player base. The reason you see so many AAR's on Red Barricades or VotG's is because both of those HASL's appeal to a very large player base and in the end, would'nt you want that for all HASL designs?

Scott
More to the point - both RB and VotG had to come with a full new section of ASL rules in order to play either of them. ALL of their scenarios came with a full scenario card of SSRs alone, as well, in order to play any of the scenarios, along with the printed 4-8 SSRs at the bottom of the cards. With 20 or so SSRs in play for a single scenario, total, even on a RB game, like Bread Factory #2, it seems like a LOT of "chrome" as Scott puts it, just to play a tourney-sized scenario. (just looked it up there are 21 SSRs in play, along with a full new rulebook section, in order to play Bread Factory #2 alone). Let's not even discuss the amount of SSRs required to play "The LAst Bid" or "The First Bid".

Further, VotG has at least as much "chrome" in it as Fest B did. It took HASLs to the next level (and I thank Tom M. for this), and added layers of complexity. Bill Cirillo did the same for Fest B - adding a new level to HASLs and their CGs -where a HASL doesn't require full extra-huge maps to create a fun, playable, multi-scenario and balanced CG like FB CG III.

As always, YMMV. I enjoy all three plus KGS. But I am a self-professed HASL addict. It's my preferred niche in this niche hobby. Not for everyone, but to blanket claim you're cutting out players because you produce a product to appeal to a portion of the ASL crowd is a bit of pot and kettle, especially from Scott - or how else shall we read the DTO stuff in the desert packs? I read it as appealing only to narrow portions of ASL players myself. (including me, I do like DTO)

anyway, YMMV.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
X posted this on Facebook today:

Our next release should be "KGS player's guide", and we expect it around May or June. It will contain 8 or 9 scenarios and will be quite a thick booklet (around 60 pages). After that we will resume with the next issue of LFT magazine, LFT 14, but we are still not sure about when will it go to the printers.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
X posted this on Facebook today:

Our next release should be "KGS player's guide", and we expect it around May or June. It will contain 8 or 9 scenarios and will be quite a thick booklet (around 60 pages). After that we will resume with the next issue of LFT magazine, LFT 14, but we are still not sure about when will it go to the printers.
I would like to campaign for the re-release of some of the earlier scenarios. Even if just to me.