Last Tiger AAR

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, now, I guess we get to find out just how laid back this game is. A 12 DR for the TK does not equal a dead M4. Rather it is a DUD that bounces off the tank leaving it to fire back at the now trembling Nashorn.

I see you've killed the Nashorn later... but the question remains... will the M4 return to GO? :cool:

JT
Thanks for pointing that out. Sometimes I don't type what my brain is thinking:nuts: That was supposed to be ..followed by anything but a 12 TK. I think the TK roll was an 8 or 9.

I don't have an editor to fix my goofs.

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ger T2

I'm feeling pretty good so far. I just took out a key location being the 17W3 building. The Germans have only 1 GO leader at the moment. Always a plus.

Wind == gusts so no smoke during the german turn.

rally:
The wnd 8-1 in W3 doesn't rally. There's a broken hs buried in 17P2 that get's missed until later this turn. It sucessfully rallies then.
My 447 in 17FF3 actually rallies.

prep fire:
CX 447 in 3T10, rolls a 4 for a PF, then hits and torches the T34. I just paid the price of leaving armor unsupported. I'm ok with this though since the T34 killed the nashorn. I knew there was a good chance that the T34 was gonna get whacked but it wasn't a lock either. I didnt want to have the nashorn around playing cat and mouse in the brd 3 village later in the game.

17P2 467 w/mmg and 9-1 fire at 17O6, 4 + 2. Rolls 1,1. 2MC, 527 breaks and ELR. Woohoo I have a concript! Sorry it's my old RB memories kicking in. So much for that concealed squad trying to keep the tiger out of the village via Street Fighting.

It's about this time I noticed that I really don't have myself well situated for rallying. I had the 7-0 on the right side of my attack at setup. I moved him to the left side of the brd 17 village though. So he's out of position for rally duty....

Movement:
The Tiger starts out first. Sure enough it uses the road hex, 17O5, that my broken squad could have street fought it in. it fires it's MGs at my squad that's sitting in the road but I pass the PTC.

It goes to 17Q2 and stops with a VCA and TCA of 17R1/R2. Now I have a problem. It's covering my remaining T34 and the probable hexes the IS 2 in bypass of W3 will be using. Looks like I just lost another tank.....

The 467 w/lmg in 17J2 double times to 3N10 while his stack on the far right makes it to 3E7. Luckily the woods are slowing down that unit.

The Ht in 17M5 starts up and goes BU. It enters 17O5 and i fire the MMG at it. I get a hull hit and end up with a TK of 4. I roll a 7 so ne.

17Q5 fires just the LMG for the same deal, rolling a 6,6 to malf it. Bah!

The Ht continues on to 17O2 where it stops with a VCA of 17O3/P2. This let's it cover the P4 building and it can always take a potshot at my broken squad in O6 to keep it DM unless I rout away.

The 447 aka only infantry on the left flank decides to get out of dodge. It moves to 17Y3 using normal movement. AM may be "safer" but not for this guy. He needs to put some space between himself and my infantry.

So I decide to try and whack him. 17Z4 tries a 6+1, now the LV is helping the germans. I get a 2MC which it passes no problem. SFF is ne.

17AA3 tries the 4+1, ne. SFF lands a pin result! I also fired the squads in the 17W3 building. All with NE. Rolled alot of 9's and 11's. A pin is fine though. The squad is stuck and didn't put any distance between him and me.

The HT w/ 75L in 17FF1 makes it's way to 3Y3 where it delays and stops. It fires at the SU-152 twice. Both missed. The second shot was from ROF. The 152 and this HT have been playing tag for a bit now. the HT starts up again and stops in 3X2. Now It's stopped adjacent to me and I'm in it's VCA. If I do anything it's gonna shoot me with a decent chance to hit. I'll just have to use my stupid tactic from t1 again.

Map at end of German T2 movement:

Dfire:
My T34 rotates it's turrent and fires at the Tiger. I roll a 6,5 and don't bother to look it up. I don't know if I should have tried IF here or not. I didn't though. this may have been another mistake. The T34 is dead in my mind. the Tiger needs a base 11 TH since it has a 9 -1 AL.

I fire the mmg in 17R5 at 17T0. It's a questionable LOS and is blocked. I roll for malf and get 1,1. Figures.

The SU-152 rotates to face the HT and fires it's AAMG at it. NE. But it does activate the german sniper, 2, which DMs my broken squad in 17AA6.I don't bother to fire the MA. I wanted to rotate so I can bypass the woods in X1 on my first MP. That should get it out of the HT VCA, so it'll have to pivot to shoot me.

No advance fire.

Routs: 17Y3 self breaks and runs away to 17X1. The wnd leader in W3 surrenders. So for the first time ever I took a prisoner. The 527 deploys and takes him.

I rout 17AA6 to 17Z3. The sniper let me rout 'forward'. Now i'm closer to my leaders and my objectives.
17O6 routs to 17Q8. That way he won't get DMed easily and I can get my 7-0 back to rally him hopefully.

End of german T2:

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Russian T3

Turn 3. No more LV and I get to enter my IS 2 reinforcement on either the left or right edge this turn. I decided to use the left edge since that's where my main thrust is coming from. It's time to head for the village on Brd 3. I also want to try and interdict any german fall back from the middle of Brd 17to defend the town.

I also want to capture the broken squad on the left side. Should be pretty easy to do too.

The Tiger is in a good spot to hurt me. I figure the T34 is dead. Maybe it can die and leave some smoke in a useful manner.... Pretty sad. So I'm paying the price for my aggression. The good news is I pretty much have crushed the left flank. At least that's what I'm telling myself at the time.

Rally:
I attempt to SR J7 needing a 7 and fail.
The crew in 17U5 try to rally and get 6,6 and die. They did their job though. That crew is what created part of the opening to capture the W3 building last turn. I can't complain when a "free" unit says, I've had enough.

The 227, thanks to my prisoner!, that is not guarding said prisoner recovers the mmg in 17W3. I forgot to attempt recovery last turn. the prisoner actually helped me out. This way I can crew the MMG with a HS. It will advance upstairs. From there it can reach out and touch a german fallback. I wait to advance upstairs just to avoid any dfire.

The IS 2 reinforment is placed CE next to 3GG5.

His job is to try and see if we can take out that HT with the 75L.

17Q5 attempts lmg repair and Xs it on a 6.

prep Fire: None. Movement is the key this turn.

Movement:
17ZZ4 628 goes CX, sprinting down the road to end in 3Y10. It DMs the broken squad in passing.

17R5, 8-1, 447 w/mmg AM to 17Q5. The assault move doesn't serve much purpose. No one has LOS to this hex. It's just a force of habit. if I move 1 hex always AM unless you need to do something after that prevents it, like search etc. I want to get into the 17Q4 building in the advance phase. I can easily get there now but then I left the Germans fire at me. I have 6 turns total. So it's still early. Also with the melting of the left flank, the germans need to react. That should cause additional openings. At least that's my theory at the time.

447 in 17y10 CXs to 3X10 using 5 MF. I move him here and "lose" 1 MF because now the broken squad in 17X1 must rout. There'll be a HS waiting to take his surrender too....

The 227 w wnd 8-1 prisoner AM to 17X2. He'll take the surrender. The assault move is as before. Habit....

17FF3, 8-0 and 447 CX and haul butt to 3Y9. it's amazing how far 8 MF can get ya. The went from no mans land all the way to caught up with my push on the village.

17W4, 628 CXs to 3Y9 bypassing the woods as needed.

7-0 in 17S6 falls back to 17R8. My rally planning mistake is costing me.

Pretty much just a bunch of safe non critical movement. I do it earlier in the turn to speed up the email game. There's nothing he can do to stop it and it can't cause any of his units to do anything either. Maybe if I had some kind of AH HA! surprise with the safe moves I might wait till later.

The IS 2 reinforcement comes on. It moves down the road CE until 3Y3. I'm now next to the HT w/75L. The HT fires AAMG at the IS 2, ne. I fire my MG back and force the HT to BU with a PTC. The IS 2 stops and fires it's MA needing a 7 TH. Manage a hull hit with a 7 and we have a burning wreck! I know, it's just a HT but it's gun can mess with my armor and even my infantry later in the game. The Su-152 was tired of playing tag too.

IS 2 starts up and remains in 3Y3 in motion. The burning wreck prevents me from being able to move another hex, not enough MP.

Here is the map at this point. :

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rus Turn 3 - burning tanks

Ok, it's dilema(sp?) time for me. I have the T34/85 and IS2 to move with the Tiger sitting there waiting.

I've written off the T34 ever since the Tiger parked itself. I figure try something with the T34 because the IS2 is more valuable. If 1 has to burn let it be the T34.

The T34 attempts to fire APCR at the Tiger with it's first MP. The Tiger declares a Gun Duel and has the lower DRM. So it shoots. TH is 9 thanks to the AL. Hull hit, Final TK of 14. T34 dies but no smoke. The crew survives though. So I traded a T34 for a 467, 9-1, and MMG.

This is fine with me. My biggest concern has always been the german infantry. they are the most likely to prevent me from getting enough GO units into the brd 3 village to win. I saw that I had a 7 - 3 AFV advantage( I'm not counting the HT with just an AAMG as an AFV even though it is). They are there to be abused and sacrificed. I just need 1 at game end and I need almost half my infantry to make it into the village.

In an un Soviet manner my infantry were more important then my tanks.

Now I have my 'I should of had a V8' moment. I realise that the Tiger can't kill the IS2 easily from the front. TK# on a hull hit is 6 and 2 with a turret hit. maybe I could have done something with it first and saved the t34.

The IS continues around 17W3 in bypass and enters the hex with the wrecked T34. It then makes a beeline for 17S3. I have my front to the tiger and it's marked with FF. I want to try to get beside it and fire away at close range.

The Tiger Intensive Fires as I enter 17S3. Final TH# is 6. 4,1 hull hit. 6 TK, 2,2 dead no crew survive.

I feel like I misplayed this segment of the game but on the flip side the IS2 kill wasn't a gimmie. Odds are he misses. If he does get a hit the odds are that he won't get a kill. There in lies the problem with odds, there is always the possibility that the lesser odds pull through.

Now the Su-152. I thought about it a bit and decided to do something rash. If i get to 3Q8 I can take a shot at the Tiger needing a 6 TH.If i miss i can go in motion again for the -2 drm. But to do it I have to go CE.

I make it to 3Q8 and miss by 1.

Defensive Fire phase:

the 9-1, 467 w/mmg open up at the CE Su-152. Rolls a 1,2 for a 1MC and my sniper. The 1MC is a 7, so I stun. I get a hot sniper though. All it does it CR the broken squad that's about to surrender, bah.

The Tiger fires it's CMG at the SU-152. This lets it get it's MA in position to fire w/o a drm in prep fire.

3T9, 447 fires at the crew of the wrecked T34. The crew fails it's NMC. I guess none of them want to be the last casulaty of the war....

No advancing fire.

Routs: My HS with the captured leader takes the surrendering hs.
My crew routs to 17W4.

Advances: people move forward :clown:

I advance into 17Q4. I didn't do it in movement phase so that i would get shot at. kinda like a skulk on attack.

17W3 hs takes the MMG upstairs. I hope to make the germans pay as they try to consolidate back towrds the brd 3 village.

Map as of end of russin T 3.

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ger T3

Let's see what the germans decide to do. The last russian turn wasn't too bad from the german point of view. The russians lost 2 tanks and the germans lost a squad and a HT. the squad was pretty much doomed once it self broke at the end of german T2.

Rally:
My crew in 17W4 doesn't rally.
My ubber conscript, 426 w/lmg, in 17R8 does though.

No other activity in the rally phase.

No prep fire either. The Germans need to move to engage the mini swarm of russian infantry that are closing in on the brd 3 town from the left.

The 467 w/ lmg in 3O10 moves next to 3P7. It's gonna try to faust the SU 152.

The HT in 17O2 starts. It's CE though so I fire the 8-1, 447 w/mmg in 17Q4 at it. Now it's time for the dice goods to throw me a bone, 1,1! Giving me a k/2 to recall the HT. I like this result. The HT doesn't have alot of FP, but it is a mobile threat to mess with rout paths and even try VBM freeze.

The ? stack in 3E7 CXs to 3K4. It's now on the outskirts of the brd 3 village. It's taken it 3 turns to fall back but it is in position to influnce the rest of the game.

The Tiger attemps sN but fails. So it starts and moves to 17R1 out of my VCA. I do nothing so it spins and moves back to 17R3. I guess he wants my infantry dead but I get to street fight first. I attempted it with the 527. I pass the PAATC no problem but get no result on the actual attack with a roll of 7.

The Tiger stops and fires it's MA at my infantry needing a 4 TH. Rolls a 1,2 for a hit with rate. Result is a 2MC. The 8-1 passes, 527 pins, 447 breaks. Now the MG attack, another 3 for a 2MC. 8-1 passes, 527 repins, and broke 447 CRs.

The tiger ends it's turn parked next to my infantry.

447 in 3T9 bypasses the woods in 3S9/3R9 hexside to avoid any dfire from my infantry. It then enters 3R8. It looks bad for my Su-152, so I try a motion attempt and fail. Time to do something, SU-152 and fires it's MA. I need a 5 TH and that's what I rolled. the 30 flat only resulted in a 2MC but it was an ELR break result in the end.

The 17P2 stack, 9-1, 467 w/ mmg moves out to 17Q2. Now for my hs with german mmg in 17W3.1 to do it's thing. I fire and roll boxcars Xing the MMG. This was kinda disappointing. I had hoped to make the germans take some MC or PTC as they fall back. The stack doubletimes to 3S9.

The ? in 17O2 AM to the 17P2 building.

I have no Dfire and it's looks bad for the SU-152. I am definately starting to pay for my agressiveness with the armor. What the Tiger did to my infantry is one of the things that happen. The shots weren't exactly great odds but they hit. It kinda makes up for what happened to both PSKs on t1.

Advance Fire:
P7 tries to find a faust and does. Somehow they miss!

The broken squad in 3R8 is elimanated for failure to rout.

My squad in 17Q4 routs to P4. The 8-1 leader stays put. I need to use him for movement not rally now.

The S9 stack advances into the 3S8 building. This position will slow down my advance on the left.

The 467 passes it's PAATC and assaults the SU-152.

Everyone else shuffles forward a bit.

CC - the 467 finds a ATMM. The Su-152 is toast, CCV of 5 with a -4DRM but 6,6 is rolled. The SU-152 lives and the 467 is CRed!

Here's the map at the end of ger T3:

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a little luck on my side with the SU-152. It took out 1.5 squads during the german turn. German squads are my priority. The more I can take out the better my odds.

I do have to be a little careful though. I'm down to 2 AFV and I need one of them in the brd 3 village mobile and with functioning MA. I also need to have about 5 or so GO squads near the center of the village. The manpower is starting to get tight for me.

As i start my turn I'm thinking of how can I advance my force and take out the stack in 3S8. The last german leader is there. If I take him out then the germans become even more brittle.

Rally:
17J7 attempts to SR and fails. He's been broken for awhile now. The lack of leadership near my brokies is hurting me.

Nothing else of note happens.

No prepfire. I gotta get into position to make it into the village.

The HS with german prisoners in 17X1 CXs to 3X7.
HS in 17W3/1 CXs to 3U10

8-1 and 527 in 17Q4 CX. They bypass P4 on the P4/P5 side. I'm trying to get this guys into position to help with the village. They enter O4 and the hs in 17P4 opens up with a 2 - 2. I forget his HS have a range of 3, so it's not cut in half. Doh. Cowers to a NMC. The leader is fine but the 527 breaks. My infantry just aren't into the fight. All the burning russian tanks aren't helping any.
I leave the leader in that hex. I may have been better off sending it to rally the 17J7 squad. It's hard to tell. I'll rally that squad easier but it's further from the fight and there are only 2 turns after this one.

7-0, 426 w/LMG in 17R8 CX all the way to 17T1. Gotta love 8 MF but I just realized I should only have 7 cuz it's a conscript squad. My bad.

SU-152 time. It starts and enters 3Q9. The HS in 3Q8 tries for a faust and doesn't find one. The SU-152 is on a mission to VBM freeze the 3S8 stack. That will let my infantry close in and take it out. S8 is a building so I'll let him eat backblast if he wants. It's a risk for me but I feel like i need to be aggressive and try to seal the game.

The Su-152 get's to 3T8 and 3S8 goes for the PF while my side armor is exposed. Not that it matters. The first PF misses, 6,4 so backblast in NE. They try for a second one as the SU-152 turns to face them but they pin with a 6. I enter 3S8 on the S8/T7 hexside and remain in motion. I can now advance at my leisure on the left.

628 in 3W9 moves to 3T8
628 in 3X9 goes to 3U9
447 in 3W10 goes to 3T8
8-0, 447, 628 in 3X8 use some bypass and head to 3S9. The Tiger rotates it's turret and fires the MA and misses. it Intesive fires and malfs the gun with a 10. Woohoo!

The CE IS2 rolls up the road to 3S7 and stops.

I have 3S8 surrounded with no rout paths.

There's no other Dfire.

Last edited:

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Advance fire:

3T8, 628, 447 and U9, 628 FG @ S8 to no effect.

3S9, 8-0 628, 447 @ S8 again no effect.

The IS firs BMG and CMG @ S8. Sill nothing. 3 attacks and not a single roll under 9. The MA fires and gets 6,5 to kick in low ammo. But S8 is now encircled.

That was some lame firing.

Routs: 8-1 and 527 go to 17O6.

Now for the advances.

Note, I keep getting errors when I try to save. Maybe the server thinks my AAR is trash ;(

I advance the 8-0, 2x 628, and a 447 in 3S8. My other squads move forward 1 hex.

Last edited:

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CC - I get ambushed. I end up with a 7 to his 4. My 8-0 defends with a 628. The germans attack the other 628 first, 1,1. My 628 is toast and a new 8-0 just appeared. Argh.

So I attack all his stuff @ 3:2 and roll 1,2 to gank it all. Woohoo. The MMG is also destroyed.

So I have eliminated the biggest threat through CC. The tiger has no MA right now. Things are starting to look good for me.

Here is the map at the end of russian T 4:

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
got lost with this AAR due Playtesting.

Question now is:
will the Ger concentrate on killing vehicles OR infantry?

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the focus was try to kill my armor and slow down my infantry at first.

The tiger spent it's time going after my armor and just harrassing my infantry, in passing, through Russian T3.

Some of his infantry was focused on falling back AND taking out some of my exposed armor, such as the T34 that took out the Nashorn. 1.5 squads were sent to faust it over 2 turns and they finally did it.

His use of the HT with AAMG was as a mobile LMG. It stood off a bit and took shots at my moving infantry. It has the mobility to possibly get behind my infantry to mess with rout paths.

At the end of my T3, I was down to 2 AFV. One was the SU-152 that was stunned ie failed MC while CE.

The Tiger started to go after my infantry at this point. The Germans had 2 squads get next to it in movement. I got lucky and broke one with my MA. The the second squad missed with it's PF and rolled 6,6 in CC.

The russian armor is the largest threat to the germans I think. I was able to use them to take out 2 squads, 8-1, and MMG on the left side of the board within 2 turns. That cleared a major path for my Infantry to move forward.

Also this German setup requires that they can fall back. The Russian armor has the potential to really mess that up.

AFAIK, however my armor didn't make his fall back difficult but I can see that as a big risk to the Germans.

My Infantry is slower and are more unlikely to be able to cut rout paths. I also can't deploy, so I lose some finess play right there with drawing fire etc.

Just my blurry 2 cents on it.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CC - I get ambushed. I end up with a 7 to his 4. My 8-0 defends with a 628. The germans attack the other 628 first, 1,1. My 628 is toast and a new 8-0 just appeared. Argh.

So I attack all his stuff @ 3:2 and roll 1,2 to gank it all. Woohoo. The MMG is also destroyed.

So I have eliminated the biggest threat through CC. The tiger has no MA right now. Things are starting to look good for me.
If I understand the CC correctly, (and I'm correct in that this game is long since over...otherwise sorry for kibitzing), the Germans had ambush and then rolled snake-eyes on their attack.

The German player could have withdrawn from CC at this point without being attacked. Was that a consideration?

From looking at the board they could have gotten adjacent to the Russian tank and been looking at a prep fire faust attempt.

That would have changed things considerably, no?

JT

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure. The 467 is pinned so it can't. The original leader may have been able to withdraw but that just preserves the leader for a bit. The leader created during the CC I'm not sure about.

The best he could do was retreat the leaders out of the hex. Of course having the leader(s) around would have helped out later.

This may have been a decision that the germans were questioning after having made it.

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ger T4

I have taken out a majority of the German forces. He's is down to 1.5 - 2 squads and a tiger with a malf MA. I have 6 GO squads within reach of the board 3 village. Enough to satisfy that VC. I also have about 4 broken squads floating around. The IS2 and SU-152 are still functioning.

So begins german Turn 4.

I am unable to rally the squad in 1706. The tigers fixes it's MA. Man, I thought I had this one in the bag too.

Prep fire:
3Q8 247 hs goes for a PF. These guys remember where they stashed one but they miss big time. I question this prep fire a little. There was a decnt chance to hit, needing a 6. A hit is pretty much a kill. Killing my AFVs is the easiest way to win right now. The problem is if you miss the hs is sitting out in the road for any dfire. I just wonder if getting into some buildings where I need to get my guys would help more. You may still get PF checks or even CC to prevent me from being GO.

Movement:
3L3 heads to 3P3. This is probably a squad with a PF.

The recalled ht in O2 makes it's way offboard unmolested by me.

Now it's time for the tiger. It goes to 3U10 with a CA of 3U9/T9. It can now shoot at the SU-152 AND the IS2. I didn't notice the LOS to the IS2 until later. How did I miss an obvious LOS like that? Easy, the bypass SU-152 and my infantry counters are in the way. I can't see the LOS and i didn't use the nifty hide counters feature of VASL. This could be a very costly mistake for me.

The 17O2 hs with PF heads to 3O9. I fire 3T10 at it and only manage to malf my LMG. Shocking!

Dfire;
IS2 which is clueless about the TIger LOS fires it's MG at 3Q8 pinning it. Now it's stuck in the road. I don't bother firing the MA at it. i figure my other dfire may take care of it and I don't want to break the gun now that I have low ammo. Of course I should have considered shooting at the Tiger but i had no clue.

3S8 opens up on the HS in the road and breaks it.

My hs with the priosners massacre them. I'm not worried about No Quarter now and I don't want anything flukey happening to get those guys back fighting.

Advance Fire:
The tiger fires MG at T9 and the 227 hs pins. It fires it's MA at the SU-152 and misses.

Routs: 3Q8 goes to 3Q5.

Adv: 3O9 to 3P8 3P3 to 3Q4

here is the map at the end of the german turn:

Bortass

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rus t5

My priorities are to get my infantry into position to satisfy the VC. I also want to keep his stuff DM since he has no leaders to rally with. I still have no clue that my IS2 is in LOS of the Tiger.....

No wind.

Rally:
17P4 attempts to SR and fails. I chose that one because my other SR options are too far away. I now have had at least 2 squads broken for over half the game because i didn't have anyone around to rally them. Currently 1/3 of my starting infantry are broken.

17O6 is able to rally so the 527 is back.

Prep fire:

IS2 fires MGs at 3S8. if i break or pin that HS I can get my infantry across the road unmolested. I get lucking and it fails it's 2MC. I'm now working out how to eliminate it for failure to rout. I won't surrender because of NQ. I still haven't noticed the LOS to the tiger.

Movement:
17O6 goes to 3P10
227 in 2T9 bypass out of the tiger's LOS to 3Q8. The german HS now will be forced to rout later.

3S8 8-0, 628, 447 move to 3Q^. This will DM the broken HS in 3Q5.

The 447 in 3T7 goes to 3R6 and will advance into a building later.

I have now figured out that my IS2 is in LOS of the Tiger...

I was worried that the Su-152 was gonna die originally but now I realize that I'm in a pickle. I could lose both AFV to the tiger before i get to move again.

The SU152 turns in bypass and moves to the 3S8/S7 hexside in bypass. The Tiger doesn't fire at it when it spent 2 MP to turn. My understanding is it may have been out of LOS once it did that. I need to read my VBM rules...

I've decided to get the SU-152 as far from the Tiger but within the VC area as possible. I'm able to get to 3N3 and stop HD with a CA of 3O3/O4. The tiger will have to move to catch me and i may be able to street fight with my infantry if needed. I'm now HD as well which will help reduce the odds of being hit. I figure the IS2 is lost....

The 3T10 stack moves to 3Q8.

The 227 hs that just massacred everyone goes to 3S6.

Dfire;
The Tiger fires at the IS2 needing a 10 TH. It scores a turret hit and has NE needing a TK of 2.

3Q4 drops concealment and it's a 237 with a PF. It fires at 3S6 and does nothing.

Advance fire:

3S6 fires back and does nothing.
3Q8 fires at 3P8. Some would say why risk HOB bringing that HS back? I want it dead and a break will do it. the odds are in my favor. I happen to roll 1,1 for a k/3 and it's toast.
3Q6 at 3Q5. the same as above. I'm trying to kill via double breaks. The HS fails it's 1MC and is eliminated.

I feel the odds of elimanating those HS by fire was much more likely then a fluke HoB rallying them. The germans have no leaders but I still don't want to allow him a chance to rally anyone.

Advances:
3Q8 to 3Q7
I split the units in 3S6 into 3R5 and 3S5. I don't want to stack in a building since the HS does have a PF.

3Q6 advances to 3P5. I'm in woods so I'm not a PF target. He can fire his inherent FP at me, a 2 +1 isn't super scarey. bad things can always happen but....

This game is about done. There is just a HS and Tiger left. I have 7 squads and 3 leaders. I will have no problem with the infantry side of the VC. I have 2 AFV and I need one at the end of the game. The SU 152 is in a defensive position and won't be easy to kill in the next 2 german player turns.

End of Russian T5 map:

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
my plan

my adhoc plan for the Germans is:

kill the IS2 in GerPT5 (should have gone intense in RusPT5)

go in GT 6 after the SU.

Use the Inf to scare or kill the Russian AFVs.

German chances to win are down to 25%