Last attempt to get hold of Jeff Hewitt

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

Title says it all, I have been trying to get hold of Jeff since the start of last October, has anyone had any contact from him since say, last November?
he seems to of dropped off the face of the earth, I hope this is not a bad sign.

Perry

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We were just talking about this with Neil Andrews last night. I too hope everything is ok.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Talking about MIA, I haven't seen ActionBurk for a while, 4th Nov '16.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We were just talking about this with Neil Andrews last night. I too hope everything is ok.
It is worrying, I have tried all sorts but no dice, and no one as far as I know has had contact with him since early October.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In what part of the U.S. does Jeff live? Could be a good starting point to search for news of his status.
I don't know Jeff, but he certainly seems to be an enthusiastic and good natured fellow based on what I've read herein. I hope all is well.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jeff is an awesome bloke, very good natured and loves his ASl, he is live Aurora Colarado, so yes, I never thought to check that.

Cheers

Perry

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Could not find anything on Jeff, so any help would be appreciated, just to know what is up.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Vinnie is alive and well on Face Book...at least as of 1/12.....
Ahhh.....FaceBook. All I ever used it for was the various ASL pages until someone apparently disliked a post I made and reported my account as possible spam/abuse. FB locked me out and sent me an e-mail saying it was suspicious that I did not use an actual photo of myself and that I had zero information on my home page. True, I used only an avatar and my name/birthday , offering no other information; the minimum required to keep an account open. I did not post on my home page, and rigged the 'settings' to allow no friend requests. I ONLY wanted the account to read/reply on the various ASL pages.

FB's e-mail said I was locked out until I sent them scans of at least two forms of picture I.D. proving I was who I said I was. It will be a cold day in hell before I send I.D. scans to any social networking site. A number of people on GS have met me, and know I am who I say I am, and I would no sooner send GS proof of I.D. to maintain my account here. Sadly, in the Orwellian ether, all it apparently took was one person taking umbrage with a post I made. I never posted anything there more opinionated than what I post here. Oh well, I don't miss it, and get a plentiful ASL-fix here everyday!

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Jeff is an awesome bloke, very good natured and loves his ASl, he is live Aurora Colarado, so yes, I never thought to check that.

Cheers

Perry
I will send an email to the FRASL Yahoo group on the off chance he is getting emails from that.

Who should i say is looking? Perry _______? Or is just Perry enough?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Ahhh.....FaceBook. All I ever used it for was the various ASL pages until someone apparently disliked a post I made and reported my account as possible spam/abuse. FB locked me out and sent me an e-mail saying it was suspicious that I did not use an actual photo of myself and that I had zero information on my home page. True, I used only an avatar and my name/birthday , offering no other information; the minimum required to keep an account open. I did not post on my home page, and rigged the 'settings' to allow no friend requests. I ONLY wanted the account to read/reply on the various ASL pages.

FB's e-mail said I was locked out until I sent them scans of at least two forms of picture I.D. proving I was who I said I was. It will be a cold day in hell before I send I.D. scans to any social networking site. A number of people on GS have met me, and know I am who I say I am, and I would no sooner send GS proof of I.D. to maintain my account here. Sadly, in the Orwellian ether, all it apparently took was one person taking umbrage with a post I made. I never posted anything there more opinionated than what I post here. Oh well, I don't miss it, and get a plentiful ASL-fix here everyday!
Really? I wouldn't give them anything. I won't even tell them my real birthday.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I simply refuse to voluntarily slave myself into the collective unimind that is FB.

;)
It has put and keeps me in touch with a lot of folks that I had lost track of......<shrug>. Keeps me out of this place and there does seem to be a lively ASL community there.

Its not real bad as long as you remember you are the product and not the customer and act accordingly.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I will send an email to the FRASL Yahoo group on the off chance he is getting emails from that.

Who should i say is looking? Perry _______? Or is just Perry enough?
Hi Jazz,

my self mate, seems only fair, and thanks for the help.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome! FB can have you and all the rest of the trolls and miscreants. I'm very sure pitmann is pontificating his little heart out on FB. lol

It has put and keeps me in touch with a lot of folks that I had lost track of......<shrug>. Keeps me out of this place and there does seem to be a lively ASL community there.

Its not real bad as long as you remember you are the product and not the customer and act accordingly.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Awesome! FB can have you and all the rest of the trolls and miscreants. I'm very sure pitmann is pontificating his little heart out on FB. lol
Oh Scott,.....I think you're special too.

Pittman did make an appearance but I have not seen much of him after the first time or two. People caught onto his imperious manner pretty early.

Hundsdorfer does make a cameo appearance every now & again. Just last week he called me a facist a$$ in one of Dade's posts.....of course anybody who is not a rabid Marxist/Leninist is a facist in his book.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll skip the Fb prime time dramatics ;)

As for Jeff, I heard form him last on 10-25-16, about a week after Perry lost contact, for about 10-15 minutes. He mentioned his son was in town and that family things were taking precedence of ASL time at the moment - that was a two months ago now, silence on all radio channels since...

and yes, Jeff is an excellent person to enjoy a conversation or a game with.

KRL, Jon H

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Vinnie is well on Slack chat .. as a matter of fact, he's always ready to answer rule questions on chat. He just told us that the Hattan CG is a companion to the Coat CG as well .. (Hat'n Coat ..)