Large PBEM map (Central Europe)

Artur

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
During the creation of this map I had Central Europe (Especially (West)Germany) countryside in my mind. My goal was to create a map which is fairly balanced for PBEM play (both battles and BPEM scenarios) and also good for creating scenarios against the AI as well.

While this is a hypothetical map, I intended to recreate a realistic landscape of modern day Central Europe which is densely inhabited, so there are many small villages on the roads, almost all space is cultivated, etc. There is a river running diagonally through the map which also makes the situation a bit more complex and interesting. I wanted the players to have many tactical and operational decisions since there are many avenues of advance, a decision can be to destroy the bridges or not which roads to use which village to hold etc.

I also made a second version of the map without a river so if some of the players do not wish to make their life more complicated by doing amphibious operations they also have the chance to use it.

Be warned this is a 200X160 map. You can use the map editor to copy a part of the map if you wish to play on a smaller map. This map is also suitable for team PBEM play. If someone wishes to crate a scenario using this map he is most welcome, I ask him to include me in the credits though.

The map can be used for:
1. Meeting engagements: Each player will have a bridgehead on the other side of the river.The players can make a gentlemen's agreement not to deploy on the other side of the river if they wish. They can agree on not using artillery capable of bringing the bridges down.

2. Assault missions. Even in an assault battle the attacker will have a small bridgehead on the other side of the river. Special agreements can be made here as well like the ones previously described.

Time frame is from the end of WWII till present day. Since SPMBT maps can be used in SPWWII this map can be used for west front (1940,1944,1945) scenarios/battles but it is not advised to be used for east front because by that time in Soviet Union paved roads were not that very common and the density of inhabited places was by far not so high.

Depending on my time I may create scenarios about NATO-WP and NATO-Russia conflict. Until then I would very much appreciate any feedback!

Artur.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just had a look at this map,nice job.

Last edited: