Landing Gliders at Night within NVR... Known?

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing PB1... Glider lands (in fact it wrecks) within the NVR2 of a leader. I imagine this is enough to allow a Starshell attempt in DFPh. However, is it considered Known for placement purposes? Is it considered a vehicle?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As the rules are written, I would say a glider is not a unit. As it should be played, gliders become KEU when they land, similar to 5/8" parachutes [E9.4].

JR

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So when a glider lands - Can they be used to fire a starshell? Is it known? Or are you saying you can't fire a starshell until the next PFPh?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So when a glider lands - Can they be used to fire a starshell? Is it known? Or are you saying you can't fire a starshell until the next PFPh?
Are you asking as written or how it should (IMHO) be played?

JR

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PB1 is not a new scenario and it's been played a bunch.. Seems like there's a consensus and I just don't know what it is. So give me both!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I don't know anything about PB nor any consensus. I only go by reading the rules. A glider is not a unit, so by rule it would not allow the first starshell and it would not grant freedom of movement. I think it should be played as allowing the first starshell & granting freedom of movement. Since the units will be popping out shortly it isn't going to make much of a difference.

JR