landing craft

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Besides the ASL rulebook where can I find simplified landing craft rules and articles?

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
There is an article, "Getting Your Feet Wet" in the ASL Journal #9. I still have to play my first scenario with LVT's and haven't read it though.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I am guessing the BRT player's guide must have something, but I don't own it.

Wading through Probst-in-Ohio's collection of run-on sentences at the website linked above, he does mention "In a separate article, Jim (Torkeson) also provides advice on LVTs."

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is an article, "Getting Your Feet Wet" in the ASL Journal #9. I still have to play my first scenario with LVT's and haven't read it though.
Besides ASL J#9 in my list of ASL articles I have Landing Craft mentioned as being in Critical Hit #2 - I make no comment on the quality of either article, just that they exist.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of LFT's magazines has a good landing craft article.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've somehow omitted the LFT landing craft article in my notes, but I do reference that LFT #12 has an article on "beaches", maybe that includes the landing craft?
I'm not sure, it's been a while since I read it. I believe it does have landing craft in it, but it's possible it was in another article.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The General issue 28-2 had a small tutorial scenario about island landings. “Across the Waves” was based on the landings at Sirot in the Green Islands, 17 Feb 1944. A small amount of landing craft (2 LCVP’s) with a lightly held island. 4.5 New Zealanders Squads w/ LMG’s vs. 2.5 Japanese, w/ MMG and 50mm MTR.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The General issue 28-2 had a small tutorial scenario about island landings. “Across the Waves” was based on the landings at Sirot in the Green Islands, 17 Feb 1944. A small amount of landing craft (2 LCVP’s) with a lightly held island. 4.5 New Zealanders Squads w/ LMG’s vs. 2.5 Japanese, w/ MMG and 50mm MTR.
Which was fun to set up and play. Several times, switching sides.
In my opinion, LVT are much easier than landing craft.
+1 on the VFTT article. I copied it and put in my rule book after Chapter G.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you want to know the difference between a Higgins boat and an amtrac, watch "The Pacific" specifically disembarking on Guadalcanal (Higgins boat) and
Peleliu (Amtrac) and note why MP expenditure is different.