L.A. Noire

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Neat, somewhat new concept, but gets old very quick, very fast. Not worth a $64 purchase. Comming from a big Red Dead Redemption and GTA4 fan.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Neat, somewhat new concept, but gets old very quick, very fast. Not worth a $64 purchase. Comming from a big Red Dead Redemption and GTA4 fan.
I've seen that comment quite a bit, and it leads me to believe that marketing is the big issue. Rockstar is only the publisher, they did not develop LA Noire and I get the feeling people were expecting the fast paced sandbox worlds of GTA and RDR.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
My daughter bought the game. It looks good and the developers carry off the 1950's theme really well.
You start the game as a police officer and slowly work your way to detective then move around the various departments as you solve the crimes. You have to collect clues, talk to people, work out who lying and who's telling the truth. You can drive cars around (but don't damage them or you get charged for repairs!) and also have shoot out's with the bad guys. So really the game is a mixture of things, meaning most people should like it.
My daughter became frustrated with it at times because you have to collect clues and interview witnesses in a certain way. Get it wrong and you have to start that case again.
I haven't played it myself yet, just watched her play it and offered advice where to find some of the clues etc.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
I thought it was good. The whole game is well thought out and well worth adding to your collection of games.
Well what do I know eh? My daughter has other views and she has typed out a review below:

At first I thought the game is brilliant! but as the game went on it was all the same thing and very, very boring. The whole game case is about someone who kills women and writes on there body with lipstick. Of course, you keep arresting the wrong people just to please your boss and shut up the newspaper guys. I will be taking the game back to the store soon as possible.
My Rating
Gameplay-3-10
Graphics - 9-10

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ouch! Hey B.T. mind Pming me the ending? I don't have the system(s) for it so I won't be able to play it. So I'd like to know what happens in the end.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought LA Noire was great up until the Arson Desk. After that the game shifts gears and becomes something completely different.