KWASL scenario fodder?

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ‘m guessing maybe by W/O? Probably too late for Christmas.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a freebie: CMH Pub 30-2, 1st Printed 1954, Rev, 1970, Rev. 1984; Gugeler, Russell A., COMBAT ACTIONS IN KOREA. It's a collection of small U.S. Army unit actions-Squad, Platoon, Company or Battery and Battalion level. The scope is the entire 1950-1953 Korean War and covers about 20 actions.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I ‘m guessing maybe by W/O? Probably too late for Christmas.

I would say definitely too late for Christmas. Chas asked for final proofing help this past weekend.

But it will probably be released on a Monday. Which Monday remains to be seen. :p

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This module will have 16 scenarios. Anybody have a list of the scenarios with dates and combatants? I have play tested some but not all of them (not even 25% of them).

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mr. Argent has shown pictures of the maps AND the box (both top and bottom pieces).

Those are the easy things. Now to wait for word that my credit card has been charged... Then the Kimchi and Rice parties can begin... Washed down with some Soju.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
with the anticipated release of Forgotten War its time to look at potential future scenarios. This article might help...
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-battle-turned-the-tide-the-korean-war-23471
That one battle has plenty of good stuff for ASL treatment - a number of different battalion and company battles, and several nationalities - South Korean, North Korean, Chinese, American, Canadian, New Zealand. Very few Distinguished Unit Citations have ever been awarded by the Americans to 'foreign' units but this was one of those occasions. Chinese human waves, night combat, lots you could do. I don't know that there was any tank-to-tank encounters as I'm most familiar with the Canadian part in the battle - certainly not for the Canadians as the 2 PPCLI was the only Canadian battalion in Korea at the time. After the 25th Canadian Brigade deployed later in 1951, a squadron of tanks deployed with them.