Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Always good to see someone chat about a product they've:
  • never seen,
  • have no intention of buying, and
  • dismissed based on a personal dislike for a style of campaign.
Personally, I'd prefer comments based on actual experience or knowledge, but its clear I'll be waiting a long time.
Careful. Your treading on dangerous ground here. There a well established victim status that needs to be respected. -- jim

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Watch it....some of them are angling for the "corporal punishment" option....they're into that sort of thing....

"Igor, bring me the whip"
"NO! NO! Anything but the whip!"
"Anything?"
"The whip! The whip!"
Whew! I was afraid you were going to request the soft cushions! And if they can withstand the soft cushions, you can break out the comfy chair!

[YOUTUBE]F56ZZzz4meU[/YOUTUBE]

Chris :clown:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not seen hide nor hair of mine yet.

Do I need to be concerned?
Same here...every day I run home and check the mailbox/front porch with eager anticipation...only to find no Kreta there. :mad: Then I go back in the house, kick the cat, yell at the kids, and mumble obscenities under my breath the rest of the night. :blab::nuts::laugh:

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It will get here when it gets here, but I'm eager for it to arrive.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least I am not the only one then. No panic mode.

I did get MPIII yesterday. Looks good Scott, thanks the boys out there for me. I may post a more substantive initial review later.

Note that I am NOT waving a blaming finger at Steve/HOB, merely curious.

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
At least I ma not the only one then.

I did get MPIII yesterday. Looks good Scott, thanks the boys out there for me. I may post a more substantive initial review later.
I'm still waiting on my MPIII. Big surprise ZZ Top is making me wait for it after knowing how much his wife likes me. :pIMP: Jealousy doesn't look good on you Scott. :p

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
That's yer problem Daryll - they stopped printing games on hide and hair centuries ago.:nuts::laugh:
Great....now someone's gonna b!tch about that....:bite:

I remember the days of wooden derricks and iron men....they don't make games like that any more....

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm still waiting on my MPIII. Big surprise ZZ Top is making me wait for it after knowing how much his wife likes me. :pIMP: Jealousy doesn't look good on you Scott. :p
That's because I am personally shipping your MPIII to you...and I am substantially lazier than the endentured servant we have taking payments and shipping out the packs...I may very well be the laziest person alive (sorry Jeff Lebowski, but I'm taking your title). :D

Actually, I am picking up your copy this weekend and will get it in the mail on Monday. Sorry for the delay, but there will be an extra special gift in the package just for you when you do get it. :devious:

Semper Fi!
Scott

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Then I go back in the house, kick the cat, yell at the kids, and mumble obscenities under my breath the rest of the night. :blab::nuts::laugh:
I'm like that every day and I have Kreta :)

It's worth the wait, I have 3 scenarios on my want to play list already.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm like that every day and I have Kreta :)

It's worth the wait, I have 3 scenarios on my want to play list already.
How can you guys play this when it hasn't been given the seal of approval by Portal? :D

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Since when did I ever give a hoot what other forumites' ASL playlist priorities are? :laugh:

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kreta made an appearance at Stately Andersen Manor on Saturday.

Now that I have it in my hands I have to say that from a component standpoint it looks pretty good. My map looks good. I do think that I will be very careful with it in light of earlier comments. The graphics are excellent, clear and look to be highly playable.

The counter graphics are excellent. The glossy shine on the counters is not great but certainly not a deal breaker. I did have a trmendously difficult time getting the counters off the tree but that was accomplished.

Several of the scenarios are begging for play immediately and I look forward to playing them asap. I'll admit to a bit of disappointment regarding the lack of a traditional CG. The rationale given for this decision does hold water with me and I'm sure I'll get over that.

I'll give the components a B.

The important part for me is how it plays, I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks Steve, Shawn and all the others involved.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Several people have commented on getting counters off the tree. I have not punched mine, but just from handling the countersheet, it seems like they will come out easy (i.e., I kind of have to be careful with the countersheet, because counters are starting to come out).

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like the die cutter on my batch could stand to be sharpened. Very careful work with the Exacto and nail clippers did the job. It was more of a hassle than it should have been but no big deal.