Kreta errata ?

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm just beginning the campaign of Kreta, Operation Merkur and found no errata published (yet). Any errata available?

And speaking of this, here are some questions, hoping it is the right place to ask:

- wounded side of heroes shows 1-4-8 factors instead of 1-3-8, typo ?

- SSR5 of OM-1 and SSR4 of OM-2 state that the Allied sniper counter is placed after all Glider land. Isn't that the Axis sniper instead?

- we had difficulties understanding when light or regular olive groves are in effect and assumed light olive groves were in effect in all scenarios of the campaign and only if specified in geomorphic scenarios.

- in scenario OM-1, do the NZ player has to set up Elements of C Company >= 2 hexes from any other MMC, INCLUDING crews from the other groups, or is this restriction only for the C Company group? Same question for OM-2.

And many thanks for this great product!

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
These questions were answered by Andrew Hershey, one of the designers of the Kreta HASL module, and written here by me. I am not connected to HOB in any way and any errors are soley my own.

1) No errata yet published.

2) The reverse side of the Heroes counters are a typo.

3) The Sniper rule is correct as written. Explaination? The Germans have a Sniper meantime
to simulate collateral atacks from Stukas and other Fighter Bombers. Also the Allied Sniper would not have a 'target' until the gliders set down and German units appear.

4)Olive Groves: The line in rule 7 should help. In OM scenarios LIGHT is always in effect. ie if on the historical map it's LIGHT. On the geomorphic maps, the SSR will define.

5) C Co: Just as it reads: MMC, which includes crews. It prevents you forming a human wall around a gun.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi,
Please can someone clarify this point.
On several scenarios, instructions say that there is a mild breeze at start and all OM special rules apply (including 'there is no wind at start ').
So wind or not ?
Thanks.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
Please can someone clarify this point.
On several scenarios, instructions say that there is a mild breeze at start and all OM special rules apply (including 'there is no wind at start ').
So wind or not ?
Thanks.

As confirmed by Andy in the link, yes, the SSR (or SV) applies. There is wind.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don’t know if this belongs here but I’m gonna play DftB 150 Fallschirmjager graveyard. The British SAN is 5 on the card but the British balance says “the allied SAN is 5 at start”. I can find no reference on scenario card to at start allied SAN. perhaps this is in OM rules? I’m awaiting delivery of the module.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Don’t know if this belongs here but I’m gonna play DftB 150 Fallschirmjager graveyard. The British SAN is 5 on the card but the British balance says “the allied SAN is 5 at start”. I can find no reference on scenario card to at start allied SAN. perhaps this is in OM rules? I’m awaiting delivery of the module.
I had a game of this lined up about year ago but as my opponent is an university hospital doctor he has not been available for game... I'd love to hear how it turned out.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
In any scenario with Paradrops or Gliders, a wind direction MUST be declared EVEN IF ONLY for the air landing portion of the scenario.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am wondering about the PP capacity of the DS230 gliders for this. Are the HOB counters correct that they have 15PP? The official rules state 14PP and the only exception in the OM rules was for the Ju-152‘s.

antony.marsh

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi all. New question. Is the Riverbed a Depression? Or is it a -1 level only. This matters because a Allied unit on an upward slope can see into many hexes of the Riverbed ex: LL7 into LL3. But then a German unit in LL3 can gain crest status for a +2 TEM. Just need clarification. Cheers

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Per OM2 a unit in a hex with a riverbed - ground level hexside can gain crest status along that hexside(s). Other hexes of the river bed are -1 level hammada.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I am wondering about the PP capacity of the DS230 gliders for this. Are the HOB counters correct that they have 15PP? The official rules state 14PP and the only exception in the OM rules was for the Ju-152‘s.
Answer from Andy: The HOB counters are correct.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
OM15.2 "…units may initiate HtH CC if neither Pinned nor Ambushed."

Question: Is this true even if they are the DEFENDER (or is J2.31 takes precedence "Hand-to-Hand CC can be declared only by the ATTACKER")?
(I guess so, since it doesn't say anything else)

🤔

Last edited: