Korea: The Forgotten War...

prekarius

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Unfortunately I don't have such at hand.

One online source lists roots to be in germanic languages and notes for example swedish word for it "torn".

Finnish words which come from swedish by adding "i" at the end are numerous.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, thank you. I was just looking to see if it was an "imported" word. The Finnish language is very unique in the tree of languages structure. That the word did not seem innately Finnish.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing (programming for you Weir ["Tank Wizard"] types).

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just listened to the Kenneth Katz interview on 2HalfSquads http://www.the2halfsquads.com/2017/11/episode-187-cool-katz-in-korea.html. That really is very very interesting.

I am as excited about the module as I have ever been and even more so about all the expansions and modules that it "implies".

Good thing I would have wrapped up my course by then!

Rgds Jack

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just listened to the Kenneth Katz interview on 2HalfSquads http://www.the2halfsquads.com/2017/11/episode-187-cool-katz-in-korea.html. That really is very very interesting.

I am as excited about the module as I have ever been and even more so about all the expansions and modules that it "implies".

Good thing I would have wrapped up my course by then!

Rgds Jack
I am sure your lady prof will drag you into her office for some 'extra credit' work and have you writing her doctorate thesis soon after. Precious little time for "Korea" unless it is a rendezvous with her for 'research'.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Winter Offensive or under the Christmas tree?

No charges to my Credit Card just yet...

Chas has been posting about a "Kimchi" pot on FB....

louis743

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Perry Cocke on Facebook about an hour ago:

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be

The boards and boxes are in the house.
The counters are on their way to HQ.
Knock on wood, the last proof corrections for the rules, scenarios, divider, and Chapter H have been submitted, and the presses are about ready to roll.

The Forgotten War: Korea 1950-1953 is almost ready to be shrink wrapped (assuming the new compressor comes in).

When I was a young boy playing “army,” WWII still held pride of place, but the Korean War was fresh enough to be relevant. The Germans were on their way to being our new allies, but the Godless Commies were ever with us.

When I was 16, I stumbled across the book MASH by Richard Hooker and was enthralled. When I was 17, the movie MASH (which I ran to see the weekend it came out, although I was very much afraid it would screw things up) proved to be a resounding success and (I thought) a brilliant commentary on the Vietnam war. One of the reasons for that, was this song (the ruination of which I will never forgive the TV series, as successful as that was in its own right) that grabbed me right away. Later in life, when I learned how the movie had come about, it seemed an even more fitting metaphor for its times.

The game of life is hard to play
I'm going to lose it anyway

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Perry Cocke on Facebook about an hour ago:

{Snip}

The game of life is hard to play
I'm going to lose it anyway
The game is the same as it ever was (time isn't after us) and it is not about whether you win, lose or draw (err, the devil never liked a "push" anyways, only God(s) give the benefit of the doubt) the outcome anyways is well known by tome, poem, fact, and so on.
That we left our name among the well meaning and thus did help that so called Forgotten War not go quietly into the night amid the injustice of the the Kim this shall be all out righteous might well into the coming light.

Andy

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Skyfall and Tennyson:
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and *not* to yield."