Korea: The Forgotten War...

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MMP will do what they think necessary and prudent I am sure, but it doesn't hurt to give them a gentle nudge about what I (and possibly others) might like. 6 is roughly what I would expect, 12 would be very, very nice and anything over that would be a very great bonus.
for sure, 12 would be a nice number, as I say, I was well pissed off when I lost the new ones from the latest BV, put them in a plastic bag for clipping then I lost them, they werent in the box with the others

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bump. Any news on this front? WO 17, maybe? Christmas of this year???

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Need Yanksv2 first, then this, then the Desert stuff with the French added...

French Foreign Legion battles in Tunisia and the after WWII in Algiers.....

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to the French being re-released (as well as looking forward to Yanks and the Italians). My counters need a refresh to the newer standards and of course the boards and re-balanced scenarios are a huge plus too.

The Cleveland fans got their wish this year. Time for MMP to satisfy their fans who have been in a core module drought of their own. :)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to the French being re-released (as well as looking forward to Yanks and the Italians). My counters need a refresh to the newer standards and of course the boards and re-balanced scenarios are a huge plus too.

The Cleveland fans got their wish this year. Time for MMP to satisfy their fans who have been in a core module drought of their own. :)
You haven't waited almost 52 years yet.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Small price to pay for 30 years of ASLOK I would think. All that time saved on travel used on good scenario design, perhaps some Shelling gems to be included in the core module reprints?

CdG (Shelling special edition) anyone?

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would be pleasantly surprised if this came in 2016. But, inner-self keeps thinking 1st Qtr of 2017.

samwat

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heck, I just need more French counters!

samwat

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Wait--the Indians won a game?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sadly, it looks like the HP scenarios have quickly faded into oblivion which is too bad. A lot of them were very good but I think a lot of people just cant get over the fact of how powerful the Finns still are in many scenarios.

Scott

Am I mistaken, wasn't Hock A Loogie released within the last couple of years?
Hardly a "drought".

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sadly, it looks like the HP scenarios have quickly faded into oblivion which is too bad. A lot of them were very good but I think a lot of people just cant get over the fact of how powerful the Finns still are in many scenarios.

Scott
Then clearly, they don't understand "design for effect".
Their loss.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I was 25 I lived in DC and worked at the Shakespeare Theater at the Folger. After a snowstorm, and friend and I let most of the air out of our mountain bike tires and went for a ride around town, which had essentially shut down because of the weather. The Vietnam Memorial was sublime in those conditions; not a sound in the air because of how snow muffles sound, and not another person in sight. An amazing image that has never left me.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States

Scott
Does anything in ASL ever actually expire though?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Small price to pay for 30 years of ASLOK I would think. All that time saved on travel used on good scenario design, perhaps some Shelling gems to be included in the core module reprints?

CdG (Shelling special edition) anyone?
I do believe 'Shoot 'N Scoot' and 'Ace in the Hole' are re-released therein.

Funny thing about winning sports in CLE. Many of us are taking a break from ASL to savor it.

Could be a contributing factor to all of the ASL design work, playtesting, ASLOk etc over the years. We had nothing to get excited about on the sports end.

Last edited:

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I do believe 'Shoot 'N Scoot' and 'Ace in the Hole' are re-released therein.

Funny thing about winning sports in CLE. Many of us are taking a break from ASL to savor it.

Could be a contributing factor to all of the ASL design work, playtesting, ASLOk etc over the years. We had nothing to get excited about on the sports end.
Heh, I have to say congratulations to you guys in Cleveland right enough, even though I'm a diehard Oakland fanatic (just the Raiders really but, heck, I jumped on the Warriors bandwagon last year and stayed on it) it was well deserved. My brother was happy as he is a Cleveland Browns fan (not really a basketball fan but he was happy for the city)

been years since I've been to Cleveland, nearly missed my greyhound to New York cos I forgot the time zones had changed, someone got off the bus and came and got me luckily