Korea: The Forgotten War...

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I give it another 7-8 months away. They said it was early, just look how long Yanks2 is comming.
You are probably right. I was wondering if summer '16 was still a possibility.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I'd prefer if this and yanks are NOT published close together so that I don't get hit for $200 at once. I'm sure for some no big deal but there is plenty to play right now until they arrive

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm very sure you will have no worries waiting for KASL to get to the printers. My guess is it will be a WO 17 release. Or close to it.

Scott

I'd prefer if this and yanks are NOT published close together so that I don't get hit for $200 at once. I'm sure for some no big deal but there is plenty to play right now until they arrive

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm very sure you will have no worries waiting for KASL to get to the printers. My guess is it will be a WO 17 release. Or close to it.

Scott
I was hoping for summer.....

Any Official info?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was hoping for summer.....

Any Official info?
Official info? None. But based on past experience, if Yanks 2 hasn't gone to the printer by now, there's no chance of KWASL this summer, since the delay on Yanks means it isn't going to ship until probably late July at the earliest (based on the roughly two month turnaround on prior large modules between going to the printer and shipping), and MMP presumably will want to collect the funds from the Yanks 2 preorders before committing to the printing costs for KWASL.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Figure it will be 6 weeks-- at least-- after countersheet art is sent to the printer before Yanks2 could be finished. There has been no word yet that this has occurred. A June release is still a possibility at this point.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Figure it will be 6 weeks-- at least-- after countersheet art is sent to the printer before Yanks2 could be finished. There has been no word yet that this has occurred. A June release is still a possibility at this point.
I'm mostly going off what happened with Rising Sun: Chas sent the counter art on June 10 (http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?113151-Rising-Sun-Updates) and the module started shipping August 28 (http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?113151-Rising-Sun-Updates&p=1622814&viewfull=1#post1622814). I don't have time to look for the others now, but I'm pretty sure FKaC was also a roughly two month turnaround. HP was faster (like 6 weeks), but it was quite a bit smaller too.

Anyhow, even if Yanks 2 sneaks out by the end of June, I still don't think KWASL could make it this summer, which is what the question I was originally responding to concerned.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm hoping Yanks will make the ASLOK event in the Cleveland area and that KWASL will be available for the WO timeframe.

But a "Christmas Gift" of BOTH in 2016 would be a miracle.

I'm trying to gather enough T34/85s for the North Korean OoB. Almost there with my latest purchase from Dan Grasse on Ebay (Ye Olde Toy Soldier). Have to see this baby in my hands and finish my counting.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm hoping Yanks will make the ASLOK event in the Cleveland area and that KWASL will be available for the WO timeframe.

But a "Christmas Gift" of BOTH in 2016 would be a miracle.

I'm trying to gather enough T34/85s for the North Korean OoB.
I lost the new ones I got with the latest Beyond Valor, how many do you think you will need for the North Korean OOB anyhow? I kind of thought that the Korean box would come with all the T3/85's you might need or am I wrong?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I lost the new ones I got with the latest Beyond Valor, how many do you think you will need for the North Korean OOB anyhow? I kind of thought that the Korean box would come with all the T3/85's you might need or am I wrong?
I haven't heard anything about how many T34/85s (if any) might be included in KWASL, but MMP has made clear that this isn't a standalone product and that it will have at least four module dependencies (BV3, FKaC, Yanks 2, and RS), so ownership of the T34/85s from BV3 is probably going to be presumed by MMP when it determines how many such counters to include in KWASL.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I suspect that some of the 'backside' values (A#,?) might be different. Besides the NKs used very few types of AFV (T-34/85, BA-64 and SU-76 I think is about it), so MMP could well afford to put in a dozen or even more T-34/85 without breaking a sweat.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I haven't heard anything about how many T34/85s (if any) might be included in KWASL, but MMP has made clear that this isn't a standalone product and that it will have at least four module dependencies (BV3, FKaC, Yanks 2, and RS), so ownership of the T34/85s from BV3 is probably going to be presumed by MMP when it determines how many such counters to include in KWASL.
I just hope they don't need any more than that though, I managed to replace the ones I lost with older (smaller font) ones from a spare sheet i had lying around but I sure don't have any extra to go around

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I suspect that some of the 'backside' values (A#,?) might be different. Besides the NKs used very few types of AFV (T-34/85, BA-64 and SU-76 I think is about it), so MMP could well afford to put in a dozen or even more T-34/85 without breaking a sweat.
that would really help if htey did, it would make sense as there really isn't that many in
Beyond Valor and, I'm guessing, the North Koreans had lots

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
.... so MMP could well afford to put in a dozen or even more T-34/85 without breaking a sweat.
I am not sure there is room enough for 12+ as you suggest...there are lots of other goodies to fill the counter trees with... :)

Last edited:

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps. I'm just saying that once MMP officially acknowledged the module dependencies for KWASL, people shouldn't count on any aspect of the module being self-contained until the actual final contents are announced. And I'll further add that I'm not complaining, just stating what I think is a prudent position.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
MMP will do what they think necessary and prudent I am sure, but it doesn't hurt to give them a gentle nudge about what I (and possibly others) might like. 6 is roughly what I would expect, 12 would be very, very nice and anything over that would be a very great bonus.