Korea: The Forgotten War...

rykirk

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Will this module be fairly stand alone if we have the ASLRB and ETO stuff? I'd like to play Korea, but I've never had an interest in North Africa or Pacific WW2 and it's doubtful that I'd spring for Rising Sun or other modules I don't already own just to play scenarios from this module.

pswede26

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will this module be fairly stand alone if we have the ASLRB and ETO stuff? I'd like to play Korea, but I've never had an interest in North Africa or Pacific WW2 and it's doubtful that I'd spring for Rising Sun or other modules I don't already own just to play scenarios from this module.
You will need Rising Sun for the USMC, LVTs, Landing Craft, Beach Assaults...think Incheon, etc. That said, most everything else will use ETO stuff.

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's a good question. You definitely need the Russians (used as the KPA aka the North Koreans), the Americans (including the US Marines from the PTO modules) and the British. I don't recall every board used in the scenarios, but I don't think any of the thickly wooded or desert boards are used. The CPVA aka Red Chinese use some concepts from the Chinese but if I recall correctly, those are included in the Forgotten War rules in entirety and not just as a reference to Chapter G.

So aside from the US Marines, I believe that you don't need the desert and PTO modules, but maybe somebody who has seen the most recent version of Chapter W will correct me if I am mistaken.

rykirk

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Awesome thanks, so the module will use the old USMC counters and not new Korean War specific OOB?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm preorder 212 if we're keeping track.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I pre-ordered the moment I got the email announcement. Pre-order was at 0 and when I finished my payment info, it was at 3. Top three baby!

Randy Strader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I pre-ordered the moment I got the email announcement. Pre-order was at 0 and when I finished my payment info, it was at 3. Top three baby!
Where does one look for their preorder rank? I don't see it in the email from MMP nor the order history. Thanks.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where does one look for their preorder rank? I don't see it in the email from MMP nor the order history. Thanks.
You have to look at the number before and after you order. I was 212. It's at 324 now, which is astounding considering I order just a couple hours ago.

Randy Strader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have to look at the number before and after you order. I was 212. It's at 324 now, which is astounding considering I order just a couple hours ago.
Oh, ok, thanks. So you're calculating against the preorder number on the page. Got it. I didn't take note of of it when I ordered, so will remain a mystery. Thanks!

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, ok, thanks. So you're calculating against the preorder number on the page. Got it. I didn't take note of of it when I ordered, so will remain a mystery. Thanks!
I posted just a few minutes after you asked the question, so assume you're in the 320 range.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just saw 0 pre-orders taken, filled out the payment data, hit buy and the front web-page re-freeshed itself and said "3 orders taken". So I figure top three... ;)

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are there different SMC counters for the North Koreans? Since they use the Russian MMCs.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just saw 0 pre-orders taken, filled out the payment data, hit buy and the front web-page re-freeshed itself and said "3 orders taken". So I figure top three... ;)
We'll just assume you're number one. :D

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
P# 407. I think that's my worst performance on an MMP preorder since FKaC. :angry: