Korea: The Forgotten War...

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No official time line? Like 2nd half of 2017? WO 2018?
Dave
No public official timeline that I've seen. I would predict no sooner than early summer 2017 though, since (a) there's a roughly two to three months lead time between Chas saying that he has things ready to send to the printer and MMP beginning to ship, and (b) MMP will presumably take delivery of and ship out FB before Chas finalizes KWASL.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
No public official timeline that I've seen. I would predict no sooner than early summer 2017 though, since (a) there's a roughly two to three months lead time between Chas saying that he has things ready to send to the printer and MMP beginning to ship, and (b) MMP will presumably take delivery of and ship out FB before Chas finalizes KWASL.
I was just looking over "Kingston of the Hill" from AP12. (Anyone played this one?) That's why I asked.
Thanks for your input guys
Dave

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was just looking over "Kingston of the Hill" from AP12. (Anyone played this one?) That's why I asked.
Thanks for your input guys
Dave
NKPA take video game like losses. But the US forces are very brittle.

Interesting, liked it.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Am I right in thinking there will be USMC counters in the KWASL ?

I have it stuck in my head for some reason that there will be (and if so, will there be any additions to the USMC Orbat?)

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada

I have it stuck in my head for some reason that there will be (and if so, will there be any additions to the USMC Orbat?)
Yes there will be. If there will be any new USMC squad types I'm not sure. Journal #11 had some info. and pics in a preview . Not marine ones.

Dave

Last edited:

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thanks, I forgot about the Journal preview right enough I'll have to go and have another look at that
here's hoping there might be some new USMC types in there

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
USMC infantry in Korea had the same rifle squad organization and weapons as in WWII, so the counters are unchanged from Gung Ho. The USMC has some new equipment such as M26 medium tanks, FT Shermans, M20 Bazookas and M20 75mm RR.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
USMC infantry in Korea had the same rifle squad organization and weapons as in WWII, so the counters are unchanged from Gung Ho. The USMC has some new equipment such as M26 medium tanks, FT Shermans, M20 Bazookas and M20 75mm RR.
FT Shermans show up in WWII (US vehicle note 21). These are what show up in Korea:

Don't make it angry.

JR

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
NKPA take video game like losses. But the US forces are very brittle.

Interesting, liked it.
Pretty much.

Fun with unarmed NKPA units running around trying to pick up rifles of fallen comrades.

Think I just lost it on the last turn's CC and the NKPA.

Fun game with a taste of what's to come.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty much.

Fun with unarmed NKPA units running around trying to pick up rifles of fallen comrades.

Think I just lost it on the last turn's CC and the NKPA.

Fun game with a taste of what's to come.
Yes. Something new for our gaming tables....

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
gotcha, thanks, still, some extra counters would come in handy, I could do with some big concealment counters too for some reason I think I lost the ones I got in Rising Sun so hopefully they might have some in there too

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Curious to hear from the design team as to whether they ever considered a second look at Chapter G footnote 43, specifically the ability of the late war Marine squad to deploy into three half-squads. The footnote suggests that rules required to enable this ability would be more trouble than it was worth. I had my doubts about that and crafted a house rule that I suggest to my opponent when 7^3-6-8s are in play:

Late War USMC Fire Teams – Per G17.11, 7-6-8 squads self deploy into three 2-4-8 half squads. However, should a 7-6-8 squad suffer a CR result, it is exchanged for a 348 half squad. Either two 3-4-8 or three 2-4-8 half squads may recombine into a 7-6-8 squad, but half squad types may not be mixed in order to recombine.
Don't think it takes much more than that, but of course I can live with the rule as it is today.