Korea: The Forgotten War...

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<<It's almost as if we're so busy wanting The Next Thing™ that we can't enjoy what's on the table now.>>

Bingo. OTOH, should I live so long, it will be one hell of a retirement.:headbang:

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why would the HP scenarios not be considered to take place during WWII ?!?!
I have the same reaction, but I could swear that I've seen a few people on this very forum comment that they weren't interested in HP because in their view the Winter War and Lapland War weren't "really" part of WW II.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, you could always cheer for my Hawks (as I cheered for CLE/LeBron these past two years). Might be a better experience for you if your town would lend mine some of your basketball stars.

Note: Born in ND, so I reserve the right to cheer for whatever team I want. Braves TV was free while growing up, so I kind of adopted all the Atlanta teams as mine. :)
Not as good as my mega team Warriors. :)

alanlynott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't understand. Why aren't "good scenarios" enough to make excitement?

In other words: How is there less excitement with learning the intricacies of new AFV/Guns/nationalities, possibly in new settings, as opposed to playing German vs Russian/American/whomever again and again? Not that those are bad, obviously, but I'm not seeing the distinction. And I'm genuinely curious.

It's almost as if we're so busy wanting The Next Thing™ that we can't enjoy what's on the table now.
Couldn't agree more.

Now where's my DB and AoO reprint? :devious:

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know this is the 1 million dollar question that is asked all the time, so here is my attempt..is there any kind of time frame when this will be released? I know they said it was pre-order'd early into the process. I am waiting with baited-breath for an official release on the Korean War and not some under-play-tested thrown together hastily product from a third party vendor.

burniefox

Doomsower
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bump.

Just curious if we'll see this by EoY.

I know this is the 1 million dollar question that is asked all the time, so here is my attempt..is there any kind of time frame when this will be released? I know they said it was pre-order'd early into the process. I am waiting with baited-breath for an official release on the Korean War and not some under-play-tested thrown together hastily product from a third party vendor.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just curious if we'll see this by EoY.
Not likely unless MMP is being extra secretive about it. Chas hasn't posted anything about reviewing proofs or any of the other things that happen shortly prior to sending a module off for final printing and it's a roughly two to three month process for final printing, collating, and shipping.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not likely unless MMP is being extra secretive about it. Chas hasn't posted anything about reviewing proofs or any of the other things that happen shortly prior to sending a module off for final printing and it's a roughly two to three month process for final printing, collating, and shipping.
Or pictures/ sneak peaks of components.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Maybe they were hacked by N. Korea

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where as MMP was not forth coming about Yanks II going to print, in the case of KWASL they explicitly say it still needs work. This is the same with RF, so I expect your pocket books to take a hard hit next fall probably.

Scott

Korea, the Forgotten module - a sequel of Armies of Oblivion... :p

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Where as MMP was not forth coming about Yanks II going to print, in the case of KWASL they explicitly say it still needs work. This is the same with RF, so I expect your pocket books to take a hard hit next fall probably.

Scott
I was joking, but as usual humour is lost on you.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gamesquad Forum is not only a den of iniquity, but is also a fount of dry humor.... (Or humour, as the case may be.)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Gamesquad Forum is not only a den of iniquity, but is also a fount of dry humor....
Which is just as well, because posts dripping of humor might be much more harmful than dry humor to the electronic equipment required to display the forum's messages which is highly likely to be suspectible to moisture.

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those of you who might be interested, tonight (1 Nov) on PBS there is a 2 hour special on the Chosin. For those who are new to the war and campaign in general this might serve you well (though I have no prior intel on the show proper. The series it is part of "The American Experience" tends to be rather well done.) In any case something on the KW to keep us occupied until the cardboard version appears.

http://undertheradar.military.com/2016/10/battle-of-chosin-pbs-under-the-radar/

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
For those of you who might be interested, tonight (1 Nov) on PBS there is a 2 hour special on the Chosin. For those who are new to the war and campaign in general this might serve you well (though I have no prior intel on the show proper. The series it is part of "The American Experience" tends to be rather well done.) In any case something on the KW to keep us occupied until the cardboard version appears.

http://undertheradar.military.com/2016/10/battle-of-chosin-pbs-under-the-radar/
The 10 minutes of Chapter 1 on the Twin Cities PBS web site were a good start. I wonder if this will be all about 1st Marines, or if the Army units on the east side of the reservoir will also get their due.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Watched most of it last night. Pretty good footage of equipment, treatment of the para-dropped bridge. Simple but effective maps.

Didn't realize how bad the army losses were: 2500 in and 300 out.

My impression in general is that for all their numbers, the Chinese had real combat effectiveness problems - the piece indicates the extreme cold hurt them worse than it did the Americans, but seems like ammo and
firepower problems as well. OB straight from HOB's Long March.

For all the vulnerability of the column along the single road and being surrounded - Americans are repairing a bridge and using tents - certainly not the road to Arnhem.

A friend of mine with some historical heft told me that the Chinese troops involved fighting Americans were recently flipped Nationalists, their best troops were still cleaning up the from the civil war.

Very Sun Tzu using a recent, unreliable enemy against another.

Wasn't sure what to expect with the The American Experience treatment, the Bulge one fell short.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
If we have to wait a bit, I don't really mind. I still need to buy Hakka Paalle and probably the new Yanks. With modules getting a higher quality and higher content treatment, it is good that they are taking a little more time to put extra goodness in KWASL.