Korea: The Forgotten War...

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
So how many of the HOB KW scenarios made it into FW?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
None.
Did your mean MM?
I don't remember who started it (HOB? KE?) but there was a draft Korean War module out there from a long time ago. I friend of mine contributed some research when he was stationed in Korea in the 1990s. I wasn't sure if any of the scenarios made their way into the official module.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the current release began development using some of the KE research as a base.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't remember who started it (HOB? KE?) but there was a draft Korean War module out there from a long time ago. I friend of mine contributed some research when he was stationed in Korea in the 1990s. I wasn't sure if any of the scenarios made their way into the official module.
I think you are referring to KE ties....the link then is to Mike Reed (KE/TOT)...but there are no scenarios from that exact tie in. There are MM (PuP Pack legacy) scenarios in FW.

Andy

Last edited:

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
A quick matchup with FW and MM 07 Pack on the Scenario Archive shows five:
Super Bazooka
Hey, that ain’t a ROK
Bullets for Breakfast
The Grist Mill
A Line too Thinly Held

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you are referring to KE ties....the link then is to Mike Reed (KE/TOT)...but there are no scenarios from that exact tie in. Their are MM (PuP Pack legacy) scenarios in FW.

Andy
Just learned about the Kinetic Energy origins on this morning's commute, listening to Mr. Katz being interviewed on the Two Half-Squads podcast (from Dec 2017). A very interesting interview and well worth one's time to give a listen.

I'm looking forward to maybe playing a KWASL scenario at the next Fredericksburg ASL get together.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I've been doing some reading in anticipation of KWASL arriving, and I'm curious to know if there are any scenarios depicting the 5th Marines at Obong-Ni ridge (a.k.a., "Red Slash Hill" or "No Name Ridge") in August 1950?
Check the ASL Archive
The Scenario Obong-Ni was published many years ago. (my reference? me, i designed it)

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check the ASL Archive
The Scenario Obong-Ni was published many years ago. (my reference? me, i designed it)
I've seen that issue of Critical Hit magazine appear periodically at eBay, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for it. Thanks for the pointer.

Edit: Found and ordered a copy. I'm looking forward to trying the scenario.

Last edited:

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
dj

There are several scenarios upcoming that will be featuring the 5th Marines, both from MMP as well as LFT.
I've heard tell that much is in the works, and am really looking forward to seeing it released. I'm excited enough about KWASL that I ordered another volume of "U.S. Marine Operations in Korea" (I've read two volumes, previously).

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
I've heard tell that much is in the works, and am really looking forward to seeing it released. I'm excited enough about KWASL that I ordered another volume of "U.S. Marine Operations in Korea" (I've read two volumes, previously).
Many of the scenarios designed by myself come from the volume dealing with actions from Inchon to Seoul.
But I also know that some are from the efforts of the KWASL development crew who deserve a huge amount of credit for the module.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many of the scenarios designed by myself come from the volume dealing with actions from Inchon to Seoul.
But I also know that some are from the efforts of the KWASL development crew who deserve a huge amount of credit for the module.
What 5th Marines managed around Pusan (as compared with the performance of Army units), certainly is one of the Corp's finest moments (not unlike the contrast between the USMC at Chosin with the 8th Army at Ch'ongch'on River). The Marine in me would love to see a "Fire Brigade" pack/HASL depicting this exemplary chapter in the Corp's history.

Anyway, a most hearty thank you to you, and Andy Hershey, and Ken Katz and all the others who contributed to this module. I am really looking forward to trying the Korea rules and to seeing what is coming next.

Finally, a Hearty Semper Fi! to you sir.

LHMG

Reaction score
SO are there any head to head after action reports of playing FW yet??

LHMG

Reaction score
Another question I have is how come I cant find a page or listing for ordering FW from MMP website??