Korea: The Forgotten War...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The supply point may have had diesel too. Just because none of the tanks used diesel doesn't mean that there weren't other vehicles (e.g. trucks) that used it. Since we don't have the particulars of the incident (and I did not find it with a quick search of the web either), it's really hard to guess.

JR
To the best of my recollection this was mentioned in the U.S. Army's book "South to the Naktong, North to the Yalu". Perhaps as a footnote? (I'll look to see if I can find it again as it's been a few years since I read the Black Books).

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately, I missed the pre order on this by like a day. Any idea when this will get shipped to retailers (I ordered thru NWS)?
For what it's worth, I pre-ordered in mid-December (2017) and my order status just changed to "packing" today.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I see a story where during the pursuit an American tank column ran out of gas then captured three enemy trucks with fuel, but nothing in the reverse.

JR

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been doing some reading in anticipation of KWASL arriving, and I'm curious to know if there are any scenarios depicting the 5th Marines at Obong-Ni ridge (a.k.a., "Red Slash Hill" or "No Name Ridge") in August 1950?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I've been doing some reading in anticipation of KWASL arriving, and I'm curious to know if there are any scenarios depicting the 5th Marines at Obong-Ni ridge (a.k.a., "Red Slash Hill" or "No Name Ridge") in August 1950?
No, does it look like there is.

The first scenario with Marines is in November 1950 - HILL 1282, YUDAM-NI, NORTH KOREA.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, does it look like there is.
Thank you sir (though I hope to be able to check for myself in about a week - I'm now "packing"). I'm kind of interested in those desperate early days around Pusan with the 5th Marines. I guess that's something for scenario designers to give us as we go forward.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just received Forgotten War yesterday.
I can honestly say that I have not been this excited or impressed with a new ASL product since the day I purchased Code of Bushido.

After a few hours spent reading the rules and the absolutely fascinating chapter H, I can hardly wait to play my first FTF game! I probably learned more about this war from reading the excellent footnotes than I have from any other single source...which of course, is more indicative of my lack of knowledge on the subject than anything. :)
Chapter H also leaves no doubt as to the possibility of a large variety of Korean war scenarios appearing in the years to come.

On a side note, I was most excited about the Centurion tank finally making its debut in ASL, however after examining the rules, I am eagerly awaiting my chance to command a large Chinese force or have a few Skyraiders available for air support.

My hat's off to all the designers and playtesters. Thanks to your efforts, I may not be back to the Eastern Front for quite some time.

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m looking at that as a possible HASL, actually. As I have three on my plate right now, though, it’ll be a long time before I’ll be putting real time into it.

Last edited:

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wasn't able to preorder due to other responsibilities but I've been interested in KWASL since it was announced. Does anyone have an idea when it will be available for purchase again?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I wasn't able to preorder due to other responsibilities but I've been interested in KWASL since it was announced. Does anyone have an idea when it will be available for purchase again?
It is just released and not even the preorders are completely shipped at the moment.
So you can just start to buy it normally for the first time.

It is not out of print and I reckon it will be a while until it goes out of stock.
When it will be available after that for purchase again? Heaven knows...

Luckily, we don't need to worry about that at this time.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the fast reply. Just checked on GA and the say Feb 3. Good enough for me.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you sir (though I hope to be able to check for myself in about a week - I'm now "packing"). I'm kind of interested in those desperate early days around Pusan with the 5th Marines. I guess that's something for scenario designers to give us as we go forward.
There was a scenario designed in a CH magazine, years ago about the fight. Fun scenario, suspect balance. I played it a couple of times and enjoyed myself. See also, even a blind squirrel................

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a scenario designed in a CH magazine, years ago about the fight. Fun scenario, suspect balance. I played it a couple of times and enjoyed myself. See also, even a blind squirrel................
Thank you sir, I'll see what I can dig up (though I have only a couple of the CH magazines).

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kansas City ASL Club: March Madness 2007 - Pusan Perimeter Pack
According to Desperation Morale: "The publisher claims that only 50 (numbered) copies of the pack were produced, a claim that, if true, would make the Pusan Perimeter Pack one of the rarer and more collectible ASL items."
This might be a tough pull to find. Anyway, according to UPS my KWASL gets delivered tomorrow, so I'll soon be up to my eyeballs in Korean war scenarios!