Korea: The Forgotten War...

Discussion in 'Multi-Man Publishing' started by burniefox, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Justiciar

Justiciar Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Within Range
    You misunderstood him. He is not saying designers in the module box...he is saying designers at large.

2. Honza

Honza The Art Of Wargames Silver Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Oxfordshire
    Its like the gods don't want FW delivered.....

3. Thunderchief

Thunderchief Active Member

Oct 16, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    While everyone is waiting - you might head over to The Two Halfsquads podcast and listen to what Ken has to say about the module - one of the most interesting interviews T2HS has done in my opinion.

4. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    Kinda glad mine isn’t processing yet...

5. Michael Dorosh

Michael Dorosh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    To add to Andy's comments, I've submitted an article on the Canadians in Korea to MMP for a future Journal. Which isn't to say it's been accepted, but I think those of us who were involved in the design (even those like me whose role was extremely minor and peripheral) will do their best to help this unique ASL product succeed.

Honza likes this.
  6. Michael Dorosh

Feb 6, 2004
    Calgary, AB

Whomever said that betrays no great understanding of the Korean War. From 1951 to the end of hostilities, it was a war of small unit actions. It was rare to see a whole battalion in action on any given day, much less a brigade. The UN lines were packed with individual brigades/regiments, all of whom had their own quirks. My own interest is the Canadians, who also numbered somewhere around 4,000 men. You had US Army Rangers, Marines, Royal Marines, British line troops, various UN contingents - all of whom had their own training, experience and unique order of battle. And anyone who reads the various histories, whether official histories or unit histories, will see that there were all kinds of unit and company level actions by these groups worth portraying in scenarios.

The fact that Korean Marines were a small force only speaks to the diversity we will see with Korean War scenarios - which is a plus, not a minus. If you were to exclude any contingent below division sized, it would be a boring product indeed.

I mean, there are counters of AFV types whose total actual wartime production was less than the number of pieces allotted to them in the counter-mix. But it's a mistake to include forces that made up entire regiments? Not seeing the logic there.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 12:28 AM
    Justiciar and Honza like this.
  7. Doug Kirk

Doug Kirk Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Mine arrived today! Excitement. No chapter W in the box. Disappointment. E-mail sent to MMP. Waiting again.

8. hongkongwargamer

hongkongwargamer PTO neophyte Silver Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2013
    17 hexes
    IMG_4020.jpg
    Learn a bit more about the CPVA in the meantime ...

Tom Morin and Delirium like this.
  9. Steve E7

Steve E7 Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Wisconsin, USA
    An unboxing video would be great!

Tclynch99 likes this.
  10. Swiftandsure

Swiftandsure Robin Reeve Silver Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2003
    St-Légier
    In this case, I prefer to wait and see for myself: waiting increases the pleasure.

11. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    MMP guys-

Are you still sending out pre orders?

Because mine is still, “hold for preorder,” ordered 12/31/15. Updated with new CC info, August of 17.

12. Michael Dorosh

Feb 6, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    On Facebook they said they'd still be shipping orders for at least the next couple of weeks.

JRKrejsa and Justiciar like this.
  13. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    Ok. Back to patiently waiting....

Or not so patiently.

Nadir_E likes this.
  14. Whiskers1123

Whiskers1123 Active Member

Sep 12, 2012
    SoCal
    Are you still sending out pre orders?

Because mine is still, “hold for preorder,” ordered 12/31/15. Updated with new CC info, August of 17.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on 12/30/2015 8:49:47 PM. I just got a notice today that it is packing.

15. hongkongwargamer

hongkongwargamer PTO neophyte Silver Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2013
    17 hexes
    Mine went to "Processing" and then to "Packing" within 6 hours. Sounds like it's moving along now.

16. JRKrejsa

JRKrejsa Active Member

Sep 21, 2005
    USA
    I ordered mine on 12/30/2015 8:49:47 PM. I just got a notice today that it is packing.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

(Sounds of joy in the background)