Korea: The Forgotten War...

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I would expect to see it at Winter Offensive, “forcing” me to buy a copy, followed by canceling my pre-order prior to shipping to the masses. That would be the timeline to me.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would expect to see it at Winter Offensive, “forcing” me to buy a copy, followed by canceling my pre-order prior to shipping to the masses. That would be the timeline to me.
That would be my best guess; out at WO.

One of these years , I should take the time off work and drive out there. I just hate to burn time that early in the year.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are not on the MMP email list; PreOrder ends on the 27th, shipping to follow!!!!!!

Time to buy more Planos!

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually the email says it will not be shipping before WO, however they expect it to be available at WO.

Woo-hoo

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Skyfall and Tennyson:
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and *not* to yield."
I had never read Ulysses, but damn glad that you pointed me in this direction!

"...you and I are old;
Old age hath yet his honour and his toil;
Death closes all: but something ere the end,
Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
"

For an aging Marine (who likes to think that he once "strove with Gods"), this strikes close to my heart.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Brian Youse on Consimworld ..
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6b46b/64031

Current Plans...

Okay, the current plan is to get ASL Korea off preorder on Wednesday 12/27. SO, basically this is last call if you want to get our preorder price.

HOWEVER...

This is a large product, I know we won't be shipping more than 100 orders a day, probably less than that depending on when UPS/Mail picks up and if collation can keep up with shipping.

SO IF YOU ARE =SURE= YOU ARE GOING TO WINTER OFFENSIVE AND YOU WANT TO BE SURE TO HAVE FORGOTTEN WAR AT WINTER OFFENSIVE an option you have is to CANCEL your preorder for ASL Korea and pick up a copy at Winter Offensive. You will still get the preorder price, but you'll pay a little less because while you will have to pay taxes, you will not pay shipping!

What we CANNOT do at Winter Offensive is "look up" the status of your preorder - We generally don't have the time at the tournament, and I don't want to keep interrupting the office to stop and search for where you are in the queue.

SO THIS IS ON YOU! If you want to play Koreans at Winter Offensive (and I bet you do!) and if you don't want more than one copy (I can't imagine why this would be the case, but some of you are weird) then YOU have to cancel your preorder to be sure.

I hope this is clearer than mud, we wish it was crystal clear like Coors Light...

Insp35

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just checked my status and I show that I preordered on the day it was first put up. (12/29/15) I hope that means I will be in the first hundred or so.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I pre-ordered back on December 27th, 2015. I don't now where in the queue I stand, but I hope they wait until tomorrow to start taking the payments. :)

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I pre-ordered back on December 27th, 2015. I don't now where in the queue I stand, but I hope they wait until tomorrow to start taking the payments. :)
Make sure your credit card that you used for preorder is still active!

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered on the 31st, my preorder number was in the 650s.

It’s gonna be a few weeks.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered on the 31st, my preorder number was in the 650s.

It’s gonna be a few weeks.
Brian Youse indicated the office team has a goal of up to 100 orders per day (business day). So most of the preorders should be out in the next 4 weeks. Except for problems with out of date credit cards.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Anyone have any idea what the scenario coverage break down is like? 50% covering the first year of the war?
Thanks
Dave

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone have any idea what the scenario coverage break down is like? 50% covering the first year of the war?
Thanks
Dave
Most are early war, some mid war, one late war. There was never a design plan back 15+ years ago when this kicked off to try and have say 5 early / 5 mid / 5 late in the box, we didn't even know if we would get a box (i.e. acceptance). We designed to our areas of interest in that time and place.

The scenario "range in the box" is totally inconsequential in the grand scheme, IMHO, b/c the range is really to come by all those fine designers out there who will take up the flag for battles, early, mid and late by virtue of the rules* in the box which allow one to design to the range....

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Thanks for your answer. What are the scenario sides like? Lots of US army action or split evenly with other UN forces?
Thanks again
Dave
Most are early war, some mid war, one late war. There was never a design plan back 15+ years ago when this kicked off to try and have say 5 early / 5 mid / 5 late in the box, we didn't even know if we would get a box (i.e. acceptance). We designed to our areas of interest in that time and place.

The scenario "range in the box" is totally inconsequential in the grand scheme, IMHO, b/c the range is really to come by all those fine designers out there who will take up the flag for battles, early, mid and late by virtue of the rules* in the box which allow one to design to the range....

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
US (all forms), then Brits, then other UN. Your Canadians, specifically, await their debut, if that is what you are trying to run to ground?

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
US (all forms), then Brits, then other UN. Your Canadians, specifically, await their debut, if that is what you are trying to run to ground?
No, but thanks for the info. Maybe George Kelln will put his hand to a PPCLI scenario or two. As he know something of the PPCLI regiment. :D
Dave