KOREA: ORDEAL AT CHOSIN ASL Variant 1 Winter 1950

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
What a surprise, the godless communists have morale levels of 5 to 7. No doubt the Marines are 8 and 9 morale. The more I see of these, the less I like them.

Bill

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
bigger surprise is that the author chooses to use Ebay as opposed to reaching out on the various game forums to sell his wares...

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Does anyone here know him? Or know of him?

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope for his sake that's original artwork on the counters... or used with permission.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
bigger surprise is that the author chooses to use Ebay as opposed to reaching out on the various game forums to sell his wares...
Why is it a surprise? He is getting guys to scam themselves into paying 200 dollars a copy. Lowest price yet was about 120 dollars for one of the Vietnam modules.

I've been watching these with interest. :devious:

He's smart is what he is. Like a fox.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Does anyone here know him? Or know of him?
Honza, I've used the "firsttofight" tag to link all the related discussions on these products - you can find some other threads about WBW by scrolling down and using the tag. :)

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why is it a surprise? He is getting guys to scam themselves into paying 200 dollars a copy. Lowest price yet was about 120 dollars for one of the Vietnam modules.

I've been watching these with interest. :devious:

He's smart is what he is. Like a fox.
No..cause you don' see very many of these up at auction..Smart as a fox would be to set a $50 price tag and sell your ass off to as many suckers as you can land..We've all seen that done in ASLland before....

So..is he truly smart or is he missing the larger cash barge?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
No..cause you don' see very many of these up at auction..Smart as a fox would be to set a $50 price tag and sell your ass off to as many suckers as you can land..We've all seen that done in ASLland before....

So..is he truly smart or is he missing the larger cash barge?
Great point, and no one can know. I honestly think that once the demand dies down though, you can still go the conventional route and make just as much money. He just makes a little extra on the "gotta have its" who will bid against each other right now and add 150 dollars to the sale price. Once they get theirs, demand from the "that's cool" types doesn't change. Does it?

Unless word gets out from the "me firsters" that the module truly sucks, which kills your profits right there... :)

But he has no means of mass production in either event - he's doing these by hand.

Ronnblom

Swedish Terminator
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I can imagine printing, laminating, cutting 336 counters by hand involves quite a bit of work and thus discourages a $50 price tag and the volumes that follow.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I can imagine printing, laminating, cutting 336 counters by hand involves quite a bit of work and thus discourages a $50 price tag and the volumes that follow.
Not according to Paul Dutram...

Guys, this isn't rocket science, very expensive or very time consuming.
You can buy sheets of blank counters, print out a pdf counter sheet on sticky paper, lay it over the sheet of blank counters, using a steel ruler and xacto knife cut just through the paper sheet along the counter indententions, and snap the counters apart, all in about 15 minutes.

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
one would hope he is not doing them by hand. I've tried that. I have a great HP color laser at home. Bought the full sheet sticky labels from avery. Printed off some WAW counters from LOF 1 or maybe it was 2. Got the 2mm foam sheets everyone recommends. Put those suckers together and voila! The toner rubs right off the damn labels so you can't really tell what's supposed to be what other than the red being Sovs and the Green being NATO.

Anyone doing hand made counters and selling a pack full of them on ebarf should be shot!

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
one would hope he is not doing them by hand. I've tried that. I have a great HP color laser at home. Bought the full sheet sticky labels from avery. Printed off some WAW counters from LOF 1 or maybe it was 2. Got the 2mm foam sheets everyone recommends. Put those suckers together and voila! The toner rubs right off the damn labels so you can't really tell what's supposed to be what other than the red being Sovs and the Green being NATO.
Opps! I left out the step about spraying them with fixitive before snapping them apart. That should solve your problem, I think.

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Opps! I left out the step about spraying them with fixitive before snapping them apart. That should solve your problem, I think.
different kind of paper..the Krylon makes the toner run off the labels. Maybe I have a bad batch of them?

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WILD BILL WILDER...I haven't thought his name since GI Anvil of Victory ie the 1980s.

He made a cool ASL variant pack for the PTO back in the day.....

Good to see that he's still involved in the hobby, even if the prices he is charging are questionable as in TOO HIGH...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
WILD BILL WILDER...I haven't thought his name since GI Anvil of Victory ie the 1980s.

He made a cool ASL variant pack for the PTO back in the day.....

Good to see that he's still involved in the hobby, even if the prices he is charging are questionable as in TOO HIGH...

Mark DV
Ada, MI
Technically he isn't charging anyone anything. ;)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Technically he isn't charging anyone anything. ;)
You are correct.

He is allowing all the opportunity to show their "greedy" side.

Best of luck to Bill and his modules (wife has put limits on my ASL crack fix).

I will buy three items from MMP for the cost of one of Bill's products.....:cry: