Korea and Beyond

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Michael,

I posed a question about how the weapons might be modelled. Peter was good enough to offer an answer, and admitted he did not have a full understadning of the weapons.

You come in and trash his answer, but decline from answering my question because you have some affiliation with a group that is already looking at the issue, and are bound by confidentiality.

Why did you bother to get involved?

If you have a model, let us know. If you can't tell us, stay out of it and we will happily discuss our views.

It was a very Pitmanesque response.

Bill

Kenneth P. Katz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A Pz Kw II was a "main battle tank" in 1939, not that the term existed back then. My point is that a mid-century main battle tank could certainly be represented easily in ASL terms, even without new rules for advanced armor, ammunition and fire controls.

There is no such thing as a "World War II tank" in my opinion, since comparing an M4 Jumbo with "Easy 8" suspension and gyrostabilizer to a Renault with 2 man turret and no wireless is really no contest...the state of the art progressed so rapidly from 1939 to 1945 that to point to a single vehicle type and say "that's a typical tank" would be doing them all a disservice. Your own examples kind of illustrate that - the Panzerkampfwagen II was essentially a reconnaissance vehicle with, essentially, a 20mm machine gun in the turret and a limited size crew. I don't know why you would compare it in "role and function" to what we now call a main battle tank. There is also the reality that doctrinal differences in the Second World War separated "tanks" and "tank destroyers" in the British, German and American armies, a distinction no longer made (or necessary).

RedMike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Korea has already been done as has Dien Bien Phu.

CH's Escape from Chosen: Toktong Pass. Excellent too, I might add.

RedMike...out

iamspamus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RedMike...out
Um, isn't that early Vietnam??? :devious:

After Halle PalleKawackajule or whatever the Finnish module is, I'd like to see the the Spanish Civil war module.

I'd guess there could be some (more?) ChiCom vs Nat Chinese scenarios. Also, Korea would be nice.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Um, isn't that early Vietnam??? :devious:

After Halle PalleKawackajule or whatever the Finnish module is, I'd like to see the the Spanish Civil war module.

I'd guess there could be some (more?) ChiCom vs Nat Chinese scenarios. Also, Korea would be nice.
Um, isn't that early Korea? :p

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

RedMike...out
Not officially...we're interested in when the official versions come out.
Korea is under way..well under way...the MASL crowd would have to speak to Vietnam and later.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States

RedMike...out
Some of us do not consider CH modules as ASL modules... therefore to a few of us Korea had yet to be done.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of us do not consider CH modules as ASL modules... therefore to a few of us Korea had yet to be done.
Squads & Leaders Comp modules are NOT considered "Official" ASL products.

So until MMP, or Hasborg decide to print something outside of the WWII time period, "It Ain't Official ASL".

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Squads & Leaders Comp modules are NOT considered "Official" ASL products.

So until MMP, or Hasborg decide to print something outside of the WWII time period, "It Ain't Official ASL".
Hey Absently minded, that's what Swanny said. :)