Konigsberg Playtest at Winter Offensive

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am looking for an opponent to playtest the large Konigsberg scenario (16 turns over almost the entire map) all day Saturday at Winter Offensive. Any takers?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am looking for an opponent to playtest the large Konigsberg scenario (16 turns over almost the entire map) all day Saturday at Winter Offensive. Any takers?
I could be convinced. Is it Heavy Metal? -- jim

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
email me the map and scenario Bill and maybe I can get a playing of it done over a few days time.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Not so much. The Germans have a couple of 88’s and get some Stugs as reinforcements. Soviet’s have T-34/85s (incl flamers) and SU-152s. Ugly city fight!
Let's make it happen. Happy to do it. You can play either side. If there are SSR's and such, you can send them to me beforehand and I will be ready. -- jim

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can recommend this. You need PMCs on both sides as the Soviets see likely to get strung up initially but the Germans have to scramble to contain any breakthrough as otherwise they will be isolated and destroyed.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I can recommend this. You need PMCs on both sides as the Soviets see likely to get strung up initially but the Germans have to scramble to contain any breakthrough as otherwise they will be isolated and destroyed.
Works for me. Honestly, just looking for a chance to play Bill. I have not been able to pull that off in a while :) -- jim

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Works for me. Honestly, just looking for a chance to play Bill. I have not been able to pull that off in a while :) -- jim
Sounds great Jim! I’ll get you the draft rules and scenario digits as well. Pretty much meat and potatoes late War fare with a little chrome. Looking forward to rolling dice with you again

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PMC’s?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Personal Morale Check

When you fail your PMC via too many boxcars by yourself or your opponent has snaked you to death or he is just an awesome ASL'er and defeats all your well thought out (or so you thought) plans and schemes and you just break and route out of the game room or crawl on the floor like a beaten baby, or throw everything off the table or walk way are whatever it is you do when your PMC is broken.

Mine is 11, I spent 18 months in Stalingrad at a place called Red Barricades...

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got it! I wouldn’t mind but I was one of the playtesters for this module!

I did get shell shocked playing the Germans. Conscripts in a city situation with lots of rubble is tough

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
George has authorised a couple of changes. Concealed conscript and conscript class unjts have 4 mf.
German units can move through hidden minefields as long as they are out of line of sight.
These two make it possible yo have multiple lines of defence and reposition the conscripts.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
George has authorised a couple of changes. Concealed conscript and conscript class unjts have 4 mf.
German units can move through hidden minefields as long as they are out of line of sight.
These two make it possible yo have multiple lines of defence and reposition the conscripts.
This makes perfect sense Martin, as we both have previously discussed this proposed change at length.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got it! I wouldn’t mind but I was one of the playtesters for this module!

I did get shell shocked playing the Germans. Conscripts in a city situation with lots of rubble is tough
Ryan, I hope you are still playtesting for this module! Not done yet. That is why I was looking to do some more playtesting at WO. Glad Jim stepped up for this one. He has a keen eye on the playtesting front

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And my opponent got shellshocked as the Russian. :)
I got shellshocked as the Germans as well. When I realized burned out bldgs cost two to move btwn floors and three to enter! You’re right. It makes it tough to repositon the Volksturm and Hitler Jugend. Glad George made the adjustment

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Jim,
If you are good with it I’ll take the squareheads and get my setup done before WO. I’ll send you the rules and scenario electrons as soon as George gets the updated ones complete.
Thx
V/R Bill