Kohima

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Steve and I had been discussing it several months ago and we reached an agreement.

Thus, HoB and LFT will do their best to eventually get this module published.

The playtest group is still active and the project is just needing kinda "second wind" to reach completion.

Alas, my container is still at sea and it will be a bit difficult for me to monitor everything while my gear is not here, and coordinate with Steve.

I will be meeting Andy in London on October 15th, and may stay overnight if i can find some place to stay and drink some beers ;)

More later;

X

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve and I had been discussing it several months ago and we reached an agreement.

The playtest group is still active and the project is just needing kinda "second wind" to reach completion.

Alas, my container is still at sea and it will be a bit difficult for me to monitor everything while my gear is not here, and coordinate with Steve.

I will be meeting Andy in London on October 15th, and may stay overnight if i can find some place to stay and drink some beers ;)

More later;

X
Thank you for the very encouraging update!

Geoff White

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Thanks Xavier, now I can continue to dream of a mini Stalingrad in the jungle again.

G

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

More later;

X
Did anything come of this meeting in regards to Kohima?

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
the NHKWorld tv network has a documentary. The end credits seemed to indicate a Part 2 on the retreat, and 5 days of WWII history stuff, including a "rescue of the lost battallion"

Imphal: A Chronicle of Horror
50 min

Repeat, 12/23/2017, Documentary

A unique graphic. Operational scale map, with red color showing the location where casualties occurred.
It does not convey information on the chronology of the battle, but shows what terrain was fought over.
They also did animated "snapshots" to show the chronology.
IMO much more visually effective than the usual maps with arrows to show chronology.
Must have taken a huge effort to gather & computerize the records that went into the GPS graphics.

Another with blue color showed casualties dying during the retreat (in the monsoon).
Details of malaria vs dysentry.
Cannibalism due to lack of food. Wounded "encouraged" to suicide, or murdered.

Imphal was about 13 miles from Kohima; a key logistical stockpile location.
Worst Japanese defeat to date.
Karma for Nanking...

Last edited:

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
First 15 min or so on Kohima. Wondering if the episode title is really correct:
World War II: The Price of Empire
1 hr