Known minefields and rowhouses (B24:74 entry)

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1. No.
2. Yes.

....Perry
MMP

On Apr 17, 2017, at 5:30 PM, Stefan Fiedler <stefan@fiedler.se> wrote:

Hi

Some Q on B24:74 clearance of known minefields.

B24:74 says (my emphasis on relevant part)

B24.74 Minefield: Unpinned, Good Order Infantry in a minefield Location (but not on top of a Wire counter) which has not fired (or directed fire) during that Player Turn and becomes TI during its MPh in an attempt to clear mines may clear a lane through a minefield with a successful Clearance DR at the end of its Player Turn's CCPh. However, any Original Minefield DR of 12 (11 or 12 if Inexperienced) results in Casualty Reduction vs the clearing unit(s). If successful, the minefield hex is marked with a TB counter across any two hexsides of the ATTACKER's choice (28.61). If every hexside of the minefield hex is crossed by a TB, the mines and TB are removed. Good Order Infantry may enter a Known minefield hex free of minefield attack by placing a partial TB, provided they expend their entire MF allotment to do so, become TI, and attempt to clear the minefield at the end of their CCPh. Unless the minefield is cleared, these units may exit the minefield free of minefield attack only by the hexside through which they entered. No other units may use the partial TB. The partial TB counter is removed if they are eliminated or exit the hex. See also 28.62-.8.
Illustration:

Question 1 M10 and M11 are rowhouse. Can M10 enter M11 as per B24:74?

Question 2
I10 is rubbled - Can the MMC in I10 try to enter J10 as per B24:74

Thanks!