Kinship for GS players?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone want to start a Kinship here?
I already have my own so if someone wants to create one so we can quest together easier. You'd be the boss! :hail: (I'd create alts for it)

Possible name?:hmmm:

There's not a direct Elvish translation for "Game Squad" but based on the premise that it's meant to mean a War/Fight/Battle Squad (from the old Warfare HQ name) then to have a "MiddleEarth" feel to it:

Dagro’gwaith = Battle/War Troop (basic Battle-Group)

or

Drago’herth = Battle/War Troop (personal troops of a lord/household/castle/fortress etc. fighting for… this site) :nofear:

What say you? :toast:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone want to start a Kinship here?
I already have my own so if someone wants to create one so we can quest together easier. You'd be the boss! :hail: (I'd create alts for it)

Possible name?:hmmm:

There's not a direct Elvish translation for "Game Squad" but based on the premise that it's meant to mean a War/Fight/Battle Squad (from the old Warfare HQ name) then to have a "MiddleEarth" feel to it:

Dagro’gwaith = Battle/War Troop (basic Battle-Group)

or

Drago’herth = Battle/War Troop (personal troops of a lord/household/castle/fortress etc. fighting for… this site) :nofear:

What say you? :toast:
That is sooo cool! Best of luck!

(Seeing that the game is now $9.99, I might consider jumping in with you guys one day.)

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds good. I should have some regular evening time staring next week and I'd filling up my character slots to build up something I can take on a hike.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But someone needs to create the Kinship. :)

Within a Kinship you can elect Officers who have all the powers of the Kinship Leader (creator).

The main bonus of having a Kinship would be knowing who is online when: you get a small notification that "X" has come online. Plus leave a few notes around & posting gaming times/quests etc. Besides the fact that you can buy a Kinship House (15 Gold +100 Silver a week upkeep) & Kin members can put their extra items for others usage in chests there.

Interested in Kinships or leading "Drago’herth?" (Or another name...) Check out some info here :

All Kinships, both old and new, are required to maintain a minimum membership of 8 characters. If your membership drops below 8 characters at any point you will receive a warning that your kinship will be disbanded within 5 days. You will continue to see this warning for the full five days regardless of the number of members. As long as you have 8 characters at the end of the 5 days, your kinship will not be disbanded.
Note: Characters not accounts. Each account can have a maximum of 7 characters per server. This means a kinship must contain a minimum of two accounts.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/A_Guide_to_Kinships

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Category:Kinships

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=192231

Unless you're into creating web-pages don't worry about a "Kin Page."

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh I didn't know about the characters versus accounts. I was about to coerce my wife into playing this :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'd be interested in a kinship. Could set one up if no one else wants to take it on. I still think Evendim Swim Club has far more panache, as titles go. :p But if you really want to be deathly serious about it... :p I'm not married to it. Can we work the Gamesquad angle into it, in a more directly English but still Middle Earthy way? Clan Maddox of the Mountain? Legion Maddox? Riders of the Legendarium? Troop Redwolf? Something I can pronounce? ;)

I have two characters right now that I use regularly that I can contribute, as they have never belonged to a kinship. If we can agree on a title, I can set it up over the weekend.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in and I have a couple characters, none of them have even been in a kinship. Feel free to create it or I can do it Monday.

My new toy is another warden. I think wardens rock after all. Only way to go. What do I care what I said 10 minutes ago?

So is the plan that we all start with low experience characters to do something?

As for the name, we could also make something out of the old "warfarehq".

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was about to coerce my wife into playing this :)
Please coerce her away! :bounce:

You'd be surprised at the number of husband/wife & boyfriend/girlfriend duo's running around in this game. Having someone sitting next to you that you can talk to gives you certain real tactical advantages in encounters! :bite::bite: :nofear:

There's also that fun element of "I can kill 'em better / faster than you (or just survive the encounter)." :p Not to mention the bonus of sharing all the loot you get. :halo: :D

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please coerce her away! :bounce:

You'd be surprised at the number of husband/wife & boyfriend/girlfriend duo's running around in this game. Having someone sitting next to you that you can talk to gives you certain real tactical advantages in encounters! :bite::bite: :nofear:

There's also that fun element of "I can kill 'em better / faster than you (or just survive the encounter)." :p Not to mention the bonus of sharing all the loot you get. :halo: :D
Yeah, but for all the different good you can have, own and buy in the game there are no fancy handbags yet.

Which idiot did Turbine's market research?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Feel free to create it or I can do it Monday.
Ok by a vote of 1 you're the Kin Leader! :hail:

So is the plan that we all start with low experience characters to do something?
That's the basic idea. Everyone will have their own current characters plus we start new ones that we run together on some sort of schedule as a Kinship. (I have to say it's quite impressive to see a whole "Kin" group of players acting together in the game: especially if they are all in a uniform/color etc.) Having a variety of classes is a bonus. While having all "X" class might sound cool you usually don't survive long due to the multiple types of Mobs/attack types you encounter.

The "adventures" of the Kin will start after everyone gets out of the Intro portion since we probably won't all be Hobbits or Dwarves. Plus you can create as many "starting" classes as you want then pick the one(s) you want to adventure with.

As for the name, we could also make something out of the old "warfarehq".
Like:
"Legions of Warfare (War)" if you want ME'ish in Elvish = Gwaith'auth

(As far as having "goofy" names those can stay in WoW...:mad:)

Throw out some name ideas & we can vote on one.

This should be a very relaxed group & expectations, once you start having hard fast rules etc. the fun element can quickly be lost. Maybe we can get some exposure & new players involved. :D

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
That's the basic idea. Everyone will have their own current characters plus we start new ones that we run together on some sort of schedule as a Kinship. (I have to say it's quite impressive to see a whole "Kin" group of players acting together in the game: especially if they are all in a uniform/color etc.)
I agree with this. My fav colour is blue. :p

Having a variety of classes is a bonus.
Seems Redwolf is liking his Warden, and you and I had success with your burglar and my hunter yesterday...

Like:
"Legions of Warfare (War)" if you want ME'ish in Elvish = Gwaith'auth

(As far as having "goofy" names those can stay in WoW...:mad:)
Don't non-English names count as "goofy"? :bite:

Throw out some name ideas & we can vote on one.

This should be a very relaxed group & expectations, once you start having hard fast rules etc. the fun element can quickly be lost. Maybe we can get some exposure & new players involved. :D
It would be good if Scott and other new players here on GS were encouraged to join in, definitely agreed.

Redwolf's Riders? I can't think of anything all that appealing but throw out enough goofy ones eventually something halfway decent will jar loose.

If you're trying to pry something out of old site names, don't forget we also were xtreme-gamer :rolleyes:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I guess it would be ironic for Redwolf's Riders if Redwolf did not have a horse. :laugh:

He could be a Raider though...:devious:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Here is a list of existing kinships on Landroval, just for comparison/inspiration (sorry, gotta laugh at "Axes and Ales"):

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Kinships_of_Landroval

* Arcane Heroes - Arcane Heroes is a casual kinship. We are a normal/light Role-playing kinship. It is neither required nor prohibited to role-play, it is up to each individual. Our goal and focus is to enhance the online experience for mature gamers through the unity of the kinship in-game, and the use of our community supported forums and website. We value all our members as friends, maintaining courtesy and respect to each at all times. We are a kinship that wishes to progress deep into the game, doing so as a whole.

* Auth a Sidh - Auth a Sidh is primarily a PvMP kinship on the Landroval server. There is no requirement for role-play but it is not discouraged. While some PvE content is explored from time to time, the main emphasis is on raiding in the Ettenmoors. The leadership of the kin is a husband and wife team, Warsong and Essence.

* Axes and Ales - Axes and Ales is a Dwarf only kinship ((on the Landroval server)). Its focus is fun and fighting on all levels within Middle-Earth. The members within are not those who are petty or sympathize with the likes of the Dourhands. Although kin membership is restricted to Dwarves, the members of Axes and Ales often join in with others of other races as well on occasions when either axes or ales are an understood requirement.

* Band of Hope - Band of Hope is a mature, family-friendly Christian guild. We have a strong player-base of active and experienced guild members. We encourage role-playing, but by no means do we require it to participate in our activities. Like other successful guilds on Landroval we do many things well, including raiding, questing together, and PvMP. Fare thee well friends and Christ be with you.

* Blades of Anárion - We are a mature and casual kinship with a very simple and precise goal. Our mission is to provide a kinship for friendly, mature and like-minded individuals who enjoy the classical fantasy/Lord of the Rings culture. We inherit a light-RP attitude to keep ourselves indulged within the context of lore, at the same time share experiences, stories and friendships outside of the realm. Music, life, folk-lore, battle, camaraderie, brotherhood, are characteristics we all enjoy. If you enjoy these as well, consider fighting alongside our ranks in the Blades of Anárion.

* Caveat Angmarim - We are fun, mature, dedicated and intelligent people to add to our Kinship. We have a wide variety of time zones, levels, classes and professions. It seems that we do not role playing too much, but if you did it wouldn't be frowned upon. Mostly we are in this Kinship for the community that comes along with it through questing, crafting for each other, trading with each other or just chatting amongst ourselves. If our interests are similar to yours please seek us out. Take care.

* Dark Warriors of Valor - Dark Warriors of Valor (DwV) is a guild on Landroval in Lord of the Rings Online. Our goal is to become one of the best known and most well respected high end guilds on this server. We seek those who wish to experience the higher end content of this game, and carry themselves with integrity through it all. Most of our founding members have been together for over 3 years in other games. Though our goal is indeed to raid and conquer much of the higher end content in this game, our biggest pride will be in who we are as a guild. Skill, knowledge of one’s class, and other such aspects are an important part of being in this guild, more important is character of the player. We want every member of the guild to have fun and enjoy themselves, with this we also expect our members to not only work together well in groups or raids, but also in just every day play time. The biggest help and support we can gain will be from each other. Helping to further each and every member individually helps us as a whole and makes each and every person in Dark Warriors of Valor (DwV) feel that they are a part of us.

* Deathgods - Hello we are a nice kinship, who are very supportive of each other, we are not an RP kin but we arent completly against/opposed to it(also some of our members like to RP alot). Our leader is Thorvail a dwarf guardian, he is very dedicated to helping the kin and its members like many of us. Second in command are Banesblood and Tarlasion, we have about 100 members but most of them are alts of our main members. Our goal is to be what a kin is supposed to be aiming at helping eachother with whatever they need be it crafting, low level questing, high level questing, end game things, raids. our leader Thor has also started to do classes in which groups of our kin form and help each other with questing, explaning how things work, useful techniques and such.

* Divine Radiance (Belethil) - We are the Belethil, the bain of all that is evil, and protector of all that is good. We are the light shining through the darkness and we pierce the blackest of hearts with love, kindness and respect for our fellows. We are a light Roleplaying kinship that has spanned many games over the years, we are also a friendly group of people who strive to make every game we join fun.

* Dragon Eye - We are a friendly, mature, highly active kinship on Landroval. We support a wide variety of playstyles; from dedicated crafters to lighthearted explorers, from casual questers to endgame raiders. Come experience Middle-Earth as part of a family-friendly and supportive kinship.

* East Eriador Trading Company - This is a craft based guild. Our main goal is to provide those who love the crafting element of LOTRO at a less costly alternative. East Eriador Trading Company will also provide a friendly trading environment for the sharing of recipes, materials, and advice for those who are in our Kinship, as well as provide services for those of other guilds or individuals needing skill work they do not possess. Simply put, we look to provide a wide base of crafting skills for a reasonable fee and create the rarest products that can be made in LOTRO. Those not in EETC, please feel free to ask for help to our public forum. Those interested in joining us please visit the EETC recruiting forum.

* Edge - Established on the Landroval server, our motto is "real life comes first" and we stand very strongly by that. We know (or at least hope) there is a life outside the game so nothing is ever considered mandatory. Our play style is casual, non-to-lite RP. While we like end-game content (our 50s raid at least half the week) we believe that the journey there is just as fun! Edge has ALL the amenities of an established kinship that's been around since beta, including house, mail, auctions, active high-level players, GMs, camaraderie, and pipeweed and ale in abundance! We are currently on the lookout for mature (18+) active members interested in enjoying the game at their own pace, while being a part of a community that helps each other out.

* Guardians of Vilya - Guardians of Vilya is a kinship on the Landroval server that lets people play the way they want to. We take on anything our members want to do, and if that's Roleplaying, PvP, PvMP, Questing, Raiding, and of course anything else fun, we will always do our best to accommodate.

* Hearthkin SocietyDark times have come to Middle-Earth. The roads once widely traveled, are no longer safe for travel. Bandits gather thick as flies around Bree-Town, and Moria, once a work of Dwarven pride, now sits in the hands of foul Orcs and Goblinkin. Through strength of arms, and superior crafting, the Hearthkin Society is looking to rebuild the glory and heritage of the Free-Peoples! We have opened trade trade with the Dwarves of Moria, as well as the Elves of Rivendell! Now is the time to band together. Now is the time to stand up and fight the darkness! The HearthKin Society is a Rank 7 Kinship. We are causal to medium role players who enjoy doing many player run events. We are very active, looking for other mature active players who are looking to have more than a hack and slash experience in Lotro. Our player run events run the gambit from Hide and Seekers, Scavenger hunts, to races, carnivals and parties. If your looking for an active and fun Kinship, leave a message on our 'Recruitment' forum, or contact Adiss!

* High Council of Arnor - The High Council of Arnor is a light role-playing kinship that is centered around friendship within the roleplay and out. We are dedicated to making playing in our kinship as enjoyable as possible. We cover light RP (optional), late game raids, crafting support, and monster play.

* Hurinhinim - Hurinhinim is a light to moderate role-play kinship and the name means "Children of Hurin" in Adunaic the language of Man. According to the Tolkien mythos, Hurin was the greatest of all Mans' ancestors long before there were Dunedain or Numenor. We seek mature, friendly players who are active and want to help the kinship grow and become sucessful. We are a family-friendly kinship with members who have families and kids so we understand RL comes first. We do not have a lot of strict requirements like some elitist kinships other than to have fun. We are still growing so there is plenty opportunity for new members to become officers within the kinship. Feel free to visit the website and message there or contact Borrhavan in-game.

* Knights of the Eternal Flame - Knights of the Eternal Flame is a Kinship founded to create a mature, close-knit community of people geared towards adventure, friendship, crafting and general game progression. We have a close community, which includes Alpha testers, Founders and newcomers alike who are all ready to help each other out when in need. Our member base is generally 18+, but we only require our members to maintain a mature attitude in-game and on our site. Check out our website or forums for more information and upcoming news!

* Knights of the White Lady - The Knights of the White Lady (KWL or KotWL) is a guild on the Landroval server for Lord of the Rings Online. Our in-game address is 1 High Road, Highdore, Bree-Land. We are a group of mature (18+) individuals who enjoy being in a friendly and close-knit environment, a place where people of all backgrounds and sexual orientations (gay, straight, bi or transgender) can feel at home.

* Legends of Middle Earth - A light RP kinship that prides itself on a mature respect for each other. We love to just have fun in anyway we can. Very helpful members, although not a large kinship so far. We are based on the idea that the legendary names of middle earth are grouping together in an effort to stop the shadow of angmar, and eventually sauron, once and for all. We hope that with enough members we can finally overcome the witch-king's might and re-create the once great kingdom of Arnor. I, Khelek Heru, am the leader. Selico is second in command, so if I am not on he will answer for me. We don't have a kinship house, yet, but feel free to use my personal house. Also we are a max lifespan kinship , so enjoy. Please Send me a message if you wish to consider joining up, all types welcome! Lastly I am working on a kinship homepage, so look forward to that in the future. May the light of the valar carry you through the night!

* Legion of Light The Legion of Light is a light to heavy rp guild that accepts all kinds of members. Our charter is available on our website. We also feature a fully functional sponsored Ventrilo server, with login info on website. We desire above all else to build a strong community, and work towards hosting and aiding server wide events. Several of us have been together across different games for years, and most recently have moved here from WoW. We are an open and friendly kinship who desire input from ALL of our members. Current Leader: Balian and Current Lead Recruiter: Rhomen (Please message or mail him for more info. We have no race or class restrictions, and the leadership exists to serve, not to boss people around. We will all work to make Landroval and LOTR Online the best place it can be!

* Light of the Silver DragonLight of the Silver Dragon is the Lord of the Rings Online component of a larger multi-gaming guild known as The Order of Bahamut, which in turn is a proud member of the Celestial Enclave online gaming alliance. We are a mature-minded kinship dedicated to PvE adventuring, tactical teamwork and in-character role-playing. Our kinship embraces a variety of diverse gaming styles, ranging from true role-playing to PvP. Our members enjoy regular kinship-wide events including quest rallies, sparing competitions, role-playing nights, scavenger hunts and more! While we are not a "strict" role-playing kinship, we do count a fair number of role-players among our ranks, and consider in-character role-playing to be an important part of who we are. While role-playing is not required, if you chose to do so you will find a very RP-friendly environment here.

* Oakleaf Order - In the years during the initial rise of Sauron, the leaders of men, elf, and dwarf forged a secret society analagous to but separate from the rangers. Their mission was a simple one: To use the best and brightest to run missions, perform reconnaissance, and lead the armies of the free peoples in any necessary conflict. They have continued to perform their duties, unknown to the majority of the masses, even to this day. It is said that a member can be identified by the shining bronze or silver oakleaf necklace that adorns their necks at all times. The Oakleaf Order is an Oceanic kinship with focus on community and heavy roleplay while achieving personal goals and questing needs.

* Order of the Azure Dragon - The Order of the Azure Dragon is a Pacific Standard Time oriented kinship with members drawn primarily from the young at heart working professionals. We are an equal opportunity kinship that does not discriminate on the basis of race, class, or profession. Our kinship mission: to have fun while serving the good citizens of Middle Earth, either be it PvE, RP, or PvMP.

* Order of the Leaf & Bean - A unique kinship made of of members from the coffee-crew. They're a casual group with no rules but the golden one and free of drama. ICly the Order operates a Tavern located at 5 Long Street, Eaton, Bree Homesteads.

* Order of the Tower Guard - A Rank 10 Kinship of casual, friendly Raiders, Questers, and Role Players, the Order of the Tower Guard is a Landroval assmebly of fun-loving explorers. We work closely in an alliance of similarly minded kinships to organize events, be they in the Dwarrowdelfs, Nurz Ghashu, the Steps of Gram, Breetowne streets, or points in between. Visit our home in Grimstable, Breeland, or contact Casandir of Edhellond, for more information about us.

* Path of Paper Lanterns - We are an all ages, family friendly, adventure oriented kinship. We are still very small and very young and happy to have others who would like to join us as we grow and develop our own traditions and contributions within the world.

* Pillagers of Pipeweed - The Pillagers of Pipeweed, a name given it's members as a jest years ago in the Shire. We are a fun loving roleplaying group of rapscallions that take battle against the Darkness seriously, despite the seemingly endless playful banter within our halls. If you need a roleplay partner or need someone silly and full of cheer, look one of our members up, you shall not be disappointed.

* Randirim - A Heavy RP kinship dedicated to quality storytelling and community. ICly the Randirim wander Arda finding ways to help the Free Peoples using their individual talents and abilities. They also operate a refuge/lodge/library/way-house at 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields, Shire that's open to any and all.

* Riders of Numenor-Riders of Numenor is a casual kinship. We are just starting and we want to build a kinship for friendly, mature and like-minded people. No requirement nor shun of RPing. We enjoy crafting and questing. The leadership of the kin is a husband and wife team, Ashelynn and Theodredstan.

* Scions of Nogrod - Many years, two whole Ages of the world, have passed since the decline of Nogrod, but the world is again in dire straits, and the Scions of Nogrod the great shall rise to the occassion! We are entirely dedicated to the cause, so much so that we are willing to overlook the ancient treachery of the Elves and ally ourselves with them against the Shadow that rises in the East. The Scions of Nogrod is a Dwarf-only kinship. We look for mature, courteous, and helpfull Dwarves. Light RP allowed, but not necessary. Tolkien lorists are doubly welcome!

* Seven Stars - Our purpose is to offer an RP home to players who enjoy all types of content from crafting, questing, exploring, raiding, PVmP, PVE and of course RP! The kinship’s RP theme is that of a Provisions company that operates a variety of trade routes across the lands of Middle Earth. This concept allows us to engage players of all types in role play whether they are agents or customers of the company. The Provisions business is really just a cover that conceals the group’s true nature as agents of an ancient order of the Seven Stars. The Seven Stars have stood a vigilant watch over the lands of the west since the defeat of Morgoth. Come stand with us. Players will be expected to RP their way into the kinship in some way and our officers and members will work with you to find ways that will help connect our stories in unique and interesting way.

* Shadowclan - Shadowclan is a Monster Play oriented guild that is active in many MMORPG's and is here to provide our special brand of play to the LOTRO community. Shadowclan is an RP/PvP guild that is here primarily for the Player versus Monster Player sub-game in Ettenmoors. We will be progressing characters on both sides so as to encourage PvMP play from both sides. As a guild, we expect mature behavior from all members, abiding by the game's TOS and story line, a good faith attempt to RP (as both monsters and Free Peoples) and dedication to the Clan's communistic method of crafting and loot distribution. We welcome newcomers, alternate characters and grognards of gaming who want a different experience. Come join the minions of Mordor for some good old fashioned hobbit roasting! Hoowah Shadowclan!

* Soldiers of Valor - Soldiers of Valor is a non-nonsense, no drama, OOC-first kinship. We encourage and support RPing with an IC channel, as well as organizing RP events with other RPing guilds. Our primary focus is to help our members and others with quests, deeds, and other grouping needs as we progress towards end-game caps to await the next update. We offer membership flexibility (dual OOC and IC kinship), kinship survivability (not limited to LOTRO), and in-game help for newer players.

* Steel Against the Storm Steel Against the Storm is having open recruitment and is a currently a medium sized and still growing kinship of mature, friendly, social & helpful players. We are open to all classes, races, and levels as well as to all players of any mmo experience level. If you are brand new, first time playing an mmo, we welcome you just as much as any other player. We also have experienced players, very willing to help our new players. Family style enviroment with loads of fun. As the members of Steel Against the Storm take great pride in not only our relations with each other, but also with those we interact with in other aspects of the game as well. We are a fun-loving group who mainly play, not ONLY for the shear enjoyment of the game, but the interaction with others as well. We are not a specific raiding or RP kin, though we do those things and are not against any of our members enjoying those aspects, if that is how they wish to spend their time. We have experienced players who are very willing to help out new players. Its very much a family style environment with loads of fun. We are an established kin, with a kin house in Bree.

* The Common Folk The Common Folk - Not every man of the world travels the lands, not every woman takes up with kith and kin to wage battle with the forces that lurk beyond their front stoop. The Common Folk is a Lord of the Rings Online kinship on the Landroval server. Our pure role-play expression is simply one of the common folk of the land, whether Man or Dwarf or Hobbit or Elf. We are farmers and tailors and very great cooks, and we are woodsmen and we even tinker with our anvils. Our hearts do not hanker for adventure beyond a good day's work for a good day's wage - perhaps a pint of ale after! We don't expect a player to consider this their primary kinship. The Common Folk is a way to unwind and just give a little more life to the wonderful lands of Middle-earth. Pop-in when you can, drink some ale and farm with us on good sunny days. The Common Folk's founder is Rerilac Bumbleroot, a Hobbit. He is the nephew of Weigela Bumbleroot (formerly a Greenhand). To learn more about The Common Folk, read the wiki and also contact Rerilac/Weigela or Airgoidhwen in-game.

* The Council of the Secret Fire - The Creation of Eru Iluvatar is under threat from an Enemy the likes of which have not been seen in nearly an age. Now is the time for true Heroes to come to the aid of Middle Earth and provide the ultimate last defense! This is a social kinship open to all races, classes and gameplay styles. It's meant first and foremost for the enhancement of good clean fun of its members. The attitude is one of freedom, achievement, and never backing down. We're involved in both RP and PvP but neither will be required.

* The Dark Blade - Light Roleplaying multi-game guild with members from all over the world. We encourage Roleplay, but it is certainly not required. Our characters tend to be on the "dark side" - not necessarily evil, but a little shady.

* The Enigma Decree (AKA The Enigma Directive) - Roleplaying guild that has spanned two years and several games. We have had good involvement with LOTRO with the Alpha testers in our guild. Recruiting mature 18 years+ members that U.S. based, and can be any race or class. We like to have diversity. We have a website, forum, radio station, and ventrilo voice chat.

* The Last - The Last is a semi-casual guild, well, I honestly don't know what to call us. We're a gaming community of mature-minded folks that have formed a guild together to enjoy each other's company, share gaming experiences and have a less-hectic and politic-free venture in the tumultous waters of guilds in MMO's and the like. We were originally established by four friends who were literally looking to start "the last guild we want to be in." Hence, instead of Rage for Order (what can I say, Queensryche fan here) we named ourselves The Last. We have quite a lot of experience in guild management and we've been around the block in that capacity, so to speak. We're very humor minded and like to share a laugh, a tale and an adventure with friends. Currently, we have a Teamspeak server as well as our own website as linked above. Please come by and have a look. Thank you for your time :).

* The League of Arda - War is coming, war that has been long in the planning, and the League of Arda and it’s members stand ready to face the tide of evil. If we cannot halt it before the Free Peoples of this world perish, then at the very least we can pass into the West with the knowledge that in the eternal Halls of our people, Eldar, Hildor, and Periannath, we can walk unashamed and with our heads held high. We are a heavy Role-play Kinship who are always willing to help anyone.

* The Palantiri - The Palantiri is a Lord of the Rings Online kinship, based on the Landroval server. We're a group of casual, mature players here to enjoy ourselves with like-minded adults. We raid regularly (we recently defeated the Balrog) and we also have a Creep tribe (Creepshow) for engaging in PvMP. Currently, we have a great mix of players from around the US and Canada. We are not actively recruiting, but we do invite new members as we make new friends in-game. We are not a role-playing kinship. Although many of us enjoy role-playing once in a while (typically for special events, and with our allies), we are out-of-character most of the time. However, we also have a "sub" kinship called Ranya Palantiri, which is an RP-only group for those who want a more immersive role-playing experience.

* Tirn en Taur - Tirn en Taur is a moderate to heavy roleplaying elf-only kinship. We are a group of mature roleplayers creating a lore-appropriate kinship to live our virtual lives in Middle Earth. We seek to provide our members with a low-fantasy, low-magic, lore-appropriate immersive RP environment while still being able to raid and end-game if interested. We also try to promote mature play and enjoyment through a no-drama policy, increase roleplay awareness by public displays of RP and general interaction with the player population, create ample opportunities for the public to participate in open roleplaying, and work closely with other dedicated RP kinships in creating a better RP environment on Landroval. In-game, the Tirn en Taur is a group created in T.A. 2941 by the White Council to assault Dol Guldur and was kept together to 'watch' the lands around the Great Forests of the elves and guard the ways to the Grey Havens so that all elves may pass to the West in safety.

* Valar Guild - We are an international Tolkien fan club and gamers group, founded October 4, 1997. The original core group has continued on together adding friends since Diablo 1, where we formed a haven for those who wished to actually play the game and to enjoy courteous, literate company of any age. We added new games over time and have long been waiting this incarnation of Middle-earth Online, now Lord of the Rings Online. Some of us meet between games on AIM every Sunday at 5pm EST. We formed the LotRO branch of Valar at the start of Beta 1 and have run it ever since. On the web, we operate a Tolkien Site for articles, stories, poetry, humor, Tolkien's languages, artwork, and music. To attain Full Membership honor, a person must have read at least the Lord of the Rings and enjoy courteous speech and play. We each adopt a Tolkien character for the "primary name", as if it were the real name, behind the amazon, zerg, gnome, Tauren shaman, or hobbit of our choice. This gives everyone an instant relationship to everyone else for fun banter. We do not require role-play, but will generally do so at the drop of a hat. In LotRO, we like to explore all parts of our beloved world from Grand Master farming of taters to working through the epic storyline, counting floors of the Prancing Pony, raiding the Rift or sometimes going at each other in the Ettenmoors (in a friendly way). We help each other and those we meet to enjoy and develop this world and to be all we can be. Contact Fainan in-game (Varda on the Membership page) or any other officer to see if you can make it in or join our friend channel.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Some interesting choices - League, Order, Company, Council, High Council. This is interesting too - "Randirim", looks like a ME-izing of something else rather than a straight translation from a Tolkien language.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think something with a hint of wargaming would be nice. Something like "Raiders of the Western Frontier". Not that middle earth has a western frontier :hmmm:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I think something with a hint of wargaming would be nice.
I'm down with that.

Something like "Raiders of the Western Frontier". Not that middle earth has a western frontier :hmmm:
Just running around Landroval again yesterday I got to noticing some other kinship names. "Eye of" was included in one title. There was a couple of other neat ones I noticed whose names now escape me.

Come to think of it, including "Landroval" in the title might not be a bad idea since no one I've yet noticed has bothered to do that - kind of a nod to the fact we've selected that server, but that might take Kerry too far out of the mood. :)

I never knew where the name came from til just now when I googled it to check my spelling. An eagle, eh.

There is a bit of wordplay if you wanted to work "hex" in, a "hex" being used in wargames and also in magic. Don't ask me how you would do it.

Other words to consider would include "Watch", "Guard", "League"...

Dare I suggest Company of Gondorian Grognards?

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Grognards of Westernesse"?

I can go register the kinship tomorrow or maybe today depends on when I log off.

We should come up with a name :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
"Grognards of Westernesse"?

I can go register the kinship tomorrow or maybe today depends on when I log off.

We should come up with a name :)
There is no rush to register; a name we can all live with would be a higher priority than registration at the first opportunity. My online time on the weekend was spent in Dol Dinen making back a bunch of money I lost; I had dwindled to less than 500 silver pieces so I ran a few grey quests into the trenches and am now back at 1 gold and 700 silver. I also find I am able to quest in Eregion where the area had been too much for me before, so I am grinding out XP there as well, and almost at level 48. So I am grinding on two fronts and happy to do so for a bit before I am up for Fellowship quests right away in any event.

Not a bad suggestion, there. Though Westernesse means broadly "western". Dale is in the east of the all the lands that concern the storyline... :yummy: :hush:

Maybe something with a mountain theme? ...of the Highlands? ...under the Mountains? Just keep throwing them out and something will appeal to all.

Last edited: