Killer Hexes?

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

I'm just curious as to what hexes might have a reputation for being "killer" locations, and for what reasons.

For example, one I like is 23Z1 (Keep in mind I've only played a few BV and SK scens). From a standpoint of protecting a river crossing on board 23, it is great. It offers the protection of a stone building, a field of fire that covers two of the four bridges hexes where an enemy has to cross the river, and quick (and protected) movement to 23AA3 where a third bridge can be interdicted.

There really doesn't seem to be a "good" way to attact a unit here from the other side of the river. If you cross at P7, you have to take (possibly boresighted) fire as you move thru P7 and run for the cover of the hedges, then must manuever through the woods and open area (where you might get jumped by other enemy units) to get close for a shot. Crossing at X3 leaves a suicide dash across the road into the woods, or directly at the target... lots of dead soldiers. Even coming across BB5 is risky, because in order to attack you pretty much have to be adjacent in Z2 or trading fire from AA3, if you can get to either place before the Z1 defender moves to Z2 and kills you in the open. On the other side of the river there aren't too many places that can even get a shot at Z1 without being exposed, and these are pretty far away (like M8).

So what other hexes are there across the variety of ASL boards that seem to offer similar advantages... good cover, good fields of fire (especially on funneled attack points), and difficult to make a staunch attack against? What's your favorite?

Darrell

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
10Y5, the one in the middle of the town with the Stone Wall all the way around it and where all the roads converge; LOVE that hex.

R.S. Barker

0-52 baby!
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what hexes might have a reputation for being "killer" locations

Any hex where R.S. could move a squad or leader qualifies as a killer hex......for the enemy.

;)