Khurasan Miniatures Offline?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody know what happened to Khurasan Miniatures? Their website is offline. I hope they didn't go out of business!

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like they were hit just as hard as I was by Sandy:

Due to power outage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, we have to temporarily shut down Khurasan Miniatures. We have been told that we could be without power for 7-10 days.

For the first few days after the outage I was packing orders during the day when there was daylight, but I have now been able to return to my day job because the commuter rail is back up -- meaning that I will not be home during daylight hours. That means packing will be extremely difficult until the power comes back on, and I don't want the orders to back up.

In addition to that, several large restocks which were ordered weeks ago have failed to show up, and these are popular items. They were tardy as it was, but now they seem to have disappeared into Sandy, and that is not a good thing. These are for popular codes and orders for them just keep coming in despite the very late fulfillment and, now, apparent disappearance of those restocks.

It's all too much to deal with right now, in addition to the more pressing life concerns that go with being without power for almost two weeks. That's not to say we won't be giving existing orders as much attention as possible -- in fact it's better to just stop taking orders and focus on tracking those restock shipments down, and on fulfilling outstanding orders. The backlog is 28 as of this writing, the morning of November 1. I will continue to pack these existing orders, and ship them, as rapidly as possible under the circumstances, mostly packing on the weekend using the daylight to my advantage. If the restocks cannot be accounted for I may have to refund for the codes that I cannot fulfill.

And of course once the juice comes back on, so will we! We have several new items we were going to release which should come out soon after we switch the site back on.

Note none of the links to the left work for now, so don't bother clicking them! There, you just had to click them anyway, didn't you? I told you so!
I know how they feel. :cry:

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to hear that Scott, hope your parents are getting through all this ok. Are things getting back to normal for you? Lastly, though I am not nearby I want you to know that if there is anything you need let me know,please. Take care my friend.