Kharkov '43, Tunisia '43, Moscow '42 Updates

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I checked but do not see any ref. to the updates for the three games mentioned in the title of this post. You can find the updates here:

http://johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html

Also: is anyone playing Moscow '42 and what do you think about the game? Has it been challenging?

I have played three scenarios from Tunisia '42 and really like the game. Having played most of the Panzer Campaigns series over the years the enhancements (new night fatigue in particular) have been really nice.

Sound off if you have a game experience to share about one of these titles. I have not played the Kharkov or Moscow games but may try them out in the near future.

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
Maybe I'm not your typical wargamer but this is my opinion as someone who has most of HPSSIMS/John Tiller games.

Tunisia'43, played the campaign against the AI ( I always give it 50% advantage in all the games ) from both sides, it's a open game which looks easy for the Allies but found my advance slowed down with hard going near the end.
Kharkov'43, finds the Russians over extended and need to retreat to form a defence line. A couple of other PBEM games put this on hold.
Moscow'42 is the mother of all games, this time it's the Germans turn to fall back and contract the front-line, don't even think about defending anything, your units will be quickly erased. Might have a PBEM campaign starting shortly.

Have played most of the other games campaigns PBEM, sometimes from both sides.
I don't bother with the various scenarios since I learned the basic rules.

All the games from different periods are a wealth of information, with more detailed maps than can be found in any reference works, playing the campaigns, advancing and retreating over the terrain is a joy, you will learn why armies advanced and retired thro certain locations. These games are very time consuming, well worth the cost.