KGS6 Biecker's Bastion: rubbled Prison

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Scenario KGS6 Biecker's Bastion features a partially rubbled GPU Prison (upper levels are rubbled).

Are the upper level rubble Locations considered still part of the building for Fanaticism (as per KGS2.83) and/or Building Control purposes?

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes - second line of KGS2.83 states "All German units in any location of the prison are Fanatic as per RB CG11." In RB CG 11 it covers sections being Rubbled as part of the building that maintains the Fanaticism.

Also, pay attention to B24.2 where it covers upper level Rubble. Basically if you move from building hex to building hex there is no movement penalty, however, if you move from outside of the building you pay the Rubble movement cost. (sentence 3).

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks, that covers the Fanaticism part of the question. Still not sure about building control though.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Building Control is the same as the ASLRB. Block control for Block 39 is a little different. To gain Block Control in KGS you need to have greater than half of the Strategic Locations. However, in Block 39 regardless of Controlling the majority of Strategic Location to Control the Block you must also Control the GPU-Prison - without that there is no Block Control of Block 39.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Actually, I'm not sure what the rulebook says about control of a partially rubbled building - or more precisely, how it should be interpreted.

Litteral reading of A26.11: you need a Good Order MMC in the building while there are no armed enemy units in the building. A rubbled building location is no longer a building location, but is it still part of the building? (Probably not)

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I'm not sure what the rulebook says about control of a partially rubbled building - or more precisely, how it should be interpreted.

Litteral reading of A26.11: you need a Good Order MMC in the building while there are no armed enemy units in the building. A rubbled building location is no longer a building location, but is it still part of the building? (Probably not)
i just sent an email off to the designer - I most likely will not be able to get back to you until tomorrow since I will be out the balance of today.

My gut feel is that the Rubble still counts for Control knowing the designer, but I will have a more definitive response tomorrow.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is Andy Hershey's reply:

We did not change rubble in terms of building control....so a rubble hex is not part of the buildings for VC as per ASLRB.

He is on the right track with his own thoughts.