KGS and VASL

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier or Benj or Laurent or other LFT VASL expert...

Can you help Sean out with his VASL glitch. I don't know VASL. :(

Yesterday, 21:35 #5
Forum Conscript

Sean Deller's Avatar Join Date
Oct 2004
Name:
Sean
Users Flag!
Re: KGS Cholm VASAL extension and map location
I tried to download the KGS VASL maps from the LFT website and Github, but failed with both. Where can I get them?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have Sean's e-mail. But you could try sending him a PM via GS.

His original question is in the Special Interest Thread and then the VASL sub-folder. The thread proper is currently the 2d one along his post is number 4.

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, gents, but no need. Problem was solved by Carl N. I'm good-to-go.

Cheers,
Sean

Tysken

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hej,

re-using the thread since it's name is fitting - sorry if this causes confusion. Stupid question - but it seems that my KGS maps do not work anylonger with VASL (I use VASL 6.2.2 and VASSAL 3.2.14) - I want to remember that I have read about this incompatibility in later versions of VASL, but I cannot find the thread. Anyone able to enlighten me, e.g. other KGS VASL map versions available or what is the last VASL version working with KGS maps?

Thanks for your answers.

//Tysken

Tysken

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What exactly do you mean with "do not wok anylonger"?

von Marwitz
You are right, my description of the problem is not that leading - I apologize.

The problem I encounter is that I have some maps that are gif-files (Images/Picture file format), e.g. KGS or KOTH. They used to work with older VASL versions, but now I get the following message - see below.

upload_2016-10-31_21-42-16.png

All boards are in the directory and the other boards I can load (not gif files).

upload_2016-10-31_21-44-24.png

Thanks for your answers!

BR/Tysken

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

The problem I encounter is that I have some maps that are gif-files (Images/Picture file format), e.g. KGS or KOTH. They used to work with older VASL versions, but now I get the following message - see below.

View attachment 367

All boards are in the directory and the other boards I can load (not gif files).

View attachment 368

Thanks for your answers!

BR/Tysken
As I recall , the error you are seeing is a secondary error due to bad error handling code. The real error is not displayed but you might check the error log.

edit: I mis-remembered. This error is not the one I saw before. Still you might check the error log and/or post the full error stack here.

JR

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 367

View attachment 368

Thanks for your answers!

BR/Tysken
Running VAASL 3.2.16 here with VASL 6.3.3. I just tried using my Kohlm maps and did not have a problem. Whatever the issue is, it does not seem to be something across the whole system. Do your other maps pull up ok?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Is it possible you have bdkholmS.zip instead of bdkholmS (no extension)? Windows will hide the extension for .zip files by default.

JR

Tysken

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hej,

I tried to zip (like I had read in a precious thread describing a solution - at least to what I thought describes the problem I encountered), well it did not work out and I could not figure out the problems. So I down loaded the maps that I had problems with anew in the standard board format from the VASL web-page and re-placed my jpg's with those. Now they work like the geomorphic boards, which I was able to pull all the time.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and offering a helping hand! I appreciate your consideration.

BR/Tysken