KGP HASL's re-printed?

voyager77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any feed back on KGP CG IV? Seemed somewhat balanced on ROAR (3-5). Does have a night scenario, not my favorite but I do like KGP. Thanks!
Paul

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would be all for a KGP reprint with more scenarios. There are many actions on the maps that are not depicted.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree with JRKrejsa, KGP could use at least 6 more scenarios.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
More scenarios in keeping with general growth trends.
Black SS with Runez complete because it will sell tons.
Total campaign game, complete the series from 30 years of neglect, let’s goooooo!!!!!

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
You really think SS Runes are that much of a draw in the current market?

Not seeing it. It's more and more just seen as nazi fetishism, and a relic and image of the hobby that a lot of wargamers are happy to shed. I can't see MMP going down that road. You won't find neo-nazis peddling SS Totenkopf 1941 Russian Tour t-shirts at cons these days either, and good riddance.

More scenarios would be great, but you don't have to reprint it to issue new scenarios. There are lots of new scenarios for HASLs in the Journal and elsewhere.

Last edited:

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
You’re afraid of something that doesn’t really exist and you’re making a false association. I don’t know if YOU really believe it but concern trolls are dishonest by nature. You obviously play the game so right now that puts you above the indignant usual box collector

Almost every screenshot people put up on third party sites (and standard in VASL btw) are these pieces and judging by the prices people pay for an unpopular HASL and buy up every journal #2 I know that this is popular. I’m not saying you’re a guy waiting to jump on someone and be a busybody but those people exist in every hobby. I don’t like people who make it their purpose to tell others what to do. I’ll play with the pieces I have just to let them know they can eat s**t. They’re the bad guys, not dead men from a century ago who I don’t have strong feelings about one way or another.

You want to see real actual Nazis look at the Azov Battalion. Every single clip of them and you’ll see skullz, Black Sun, and more. Their official logo is the Wolfsangel lol. Lmao even. I haven’t seen western MSM make up lies about them like they did about us in Iraq. You will understand me if I don’t take criticism very seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CH! has black waffen ss counter sets for sale, so does some Canadian guys (broken ground), so you do have options. And if you really want to go down the ss rabbit hole, there are ss dice sets for sale too.

You’re afraid of something that doesn’t really exist and you’re making a false association. I don’t know if YOU really believe it but concern trolls are dishonest by nature. You obviously play the game so right now that puts you above the indignant usual box collector

Almost every screenshot people put up on third party sites (and standard in VASL btw) are these pieces and judging by the prices people pay for an unpopular HASL and buy up every journal #2 I know that this is popular. I’m not saying you’re a guy waiting to jump on someone and be a busybody but those people exist in every hobby. I don’t like people who make it their purpose to tell others what to do. I’ll play with the pieces I have just to let them know they can eat shit. They’re the bad guys, not dead men from a century ago who I don’t have strong feelings about one way or another.

You want to see real actual Nazis look at the Azov Battalion. Every single clip of them and you’ll see skullz, Black Sun, and more. Their official logo is the Wolfsangel lol. Lmao even. I haven’t seen western MSM make up lies about them like they did about us in Iraq. You will understand me if I don’t take criticism very seriously.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
That’s not really of interest to me. Actually I don’t like superfluous counters especially with new art style. There’s a reason I bought Swedish Volunteers and I don’t buy CH games with new counters except when they are specifically made for one battle. Case in point are the Berlin modules with the “Red Banner” infantry and the HJ troops (which actually function like German conscripts with their own commissars). Not good scenarios for balance but those are sort of a balancing feature.

The only other thing from CH that would interest me with its new pieces are the partisan war pieces, because they actually are supposed to provide some depth to what is mostly an oversight in the regular game.

Right and wrong never come into the equation. This is all like people saying that Doom was satanic in the 90’s when it is really an accurate representation of the way demons are (unrelentingly hostile) and where you’re the one killing them as they all deserve. And that’s unambiguous evil being portrayed as unquestionably bad - moral police are almost never right.

From a market perspective, of course I know I’m right. It isn’t hard to see. That’s why I put that one silly goose in his place when he said some nonsense about it being ‘bold talk’ and having ‘nothing to lose.’ First of all, my balls are definitely big enough to take risks. For another, it isn’t just some assumption: I can demonstrate the selling opportunity just fine.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I expect that some people still think MMP only sells ASL products in the USA. Or least those are the only sales that matter.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Yeah pretty much. I think this “cAn’T sElL tHaT iN gErMaNy” argument is a disingenuous argument that neurotic control freaks make when you’ve put them on the backfoot. Also I don’t really believe it. Even in a place where the cops will treat you in ways that would make ours have nightmares to consider (because we hate our government and we would destroy them if they tried it), I think the censorship is overstated.

For one, yes I don’t care about it. Your lack of freedom isn’t my problem and I’m not going to use the exception to make the rule. Maybe I just shouldn’t game because there are blind people in the world.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Bottom line is that I don’t like being told what to do. Screw around with me and I’ll give you pushback. Most Americans are the same way. It’s not an issue to force and you don’t have the right to tell me I’m wrong for some reasons that don’t really apply to most.

- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8 -

YOU are not my judge. No argument can make me feel otherwise.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Bottom line is that I don’t like being told what to do. Screw around with me and I’ll give you pushback. Most Americans are the same way. It’s not an issue to force and you don’t have the right to tell me I’m wrong for some reasons that don’t really apply to most.

- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8 -

YOU are not my judge. No argument can make me feel otherwise.
No-one likes being told what to do. It's not an American virtue. And screw around with most people and they'll give you pushback. Vietnam, Ukraine, Bannockburn, 1776, the bully I hospitalised at school with my electric guitar (I was expelled).

MMP will never re-release black SS counters. End of. Never happen. They're not shocking, or anti-establishment. They're just childish. They were picked up by middle-aged men children for Christ knows what reason. Those men children have mostly grown out of it.

Germany, contrary to your suggestion earlier, is very serious about Nazi symbolism and holocaust denial. I'm not sure I agree with them on it but, as stated, it's not for us to tell them they're wrong. But by way of an example, Jim Bishop won second prize at a recent UK tournament (A Panther tank on a nice base) and could not take it back there. And it was a NIIICE model.

By the way, you drifted into Politics here and you're soon to find out that, even on the internet you can be told what to do :)

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
No that’s my assessment. This sort of thing is neurotic and I do think that concern trolls are really control freaks. I can make my case with logic so that you can understand why I assess them as such.

However

Saying someone is a man child because they like aesthetic pieces in a wargame is easily dismissed. I would laugh at anyone who calls me that. We’re GAMERS. We have a hobby the same as wood crafting or keeping spiders or whatever. It’s only childish if you neglect real life for it. You know what’s funny is that actual Nazis would tell me that I fight for Israel against my own interests. I would laugh at them too. Why? It’s because they’re ignorant. Same as people who actually believe that anyone who has dark humor is a Nazi.

Also go back and read - don’t skim. I probably already addressed things.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
No that’s my assessment. This sort of thing is neurotic and I do think that concern trolls are really control freaks. I can make my case with logic so that you can understand why I assess them as such.

However

Saying someone is a man child because they like aesthetic pieces in a wargame is easily dismissed. I would laugh at anyone who calls me that. We’re GAMERS. We have a hobby the same as wood crafting or keeping spiders or whatever. It’s only childish if you neglect real life for it. You know what’s funny is that actual Nazis would tell me that I fight for Israel against my own interests. I would laugh at them too. Why? It’s because they’re ignorant. Same as people who actually believe that anyone who has dark humor is a Nazi.

Also go back and read - don’t skim. I probably already addressed things.
Nah mate. You dished out insults, and your hand got caught in the cookie jar. It's ok though, I'm sorry you felt insulted. I thought you had broader shoulders.

You do what you want mate. It's entirely up to you. Why do you even feel a need to defend or justify? You don't strike me as someone who's apt to change your mind or opinion. So what good do you think you're serving by mouthing off on the internet about it? Just...do what you want. We totally get it, you want black SS counters. That's fine.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The sad thing is that everybody knows the SS didn't wear black combat uniforms. Black was the uniform of the Heer panzer troops, with pink piping and a deaths head insignia because of the link to the Black Hussars. The SS wore grey or camouflage combat uniforms.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Next you’re going to tell me that regular army didn’t wear sky blue